Block List Not Showing Correctly

10 hours ago, Illumine Sparkler.6019 said:

thats how it looks in gw2 when people are playing gw1, could that possibly be whats happened here?

No they aren't playing Guild Wars 1. Have have some guildies that said their isn't working after the patch as well. Can we get a fix for this please.

• Like 2

Despite I have people in my block list (all of them added after some PvP match) and it might have been useful to know if some of them in particular was in PvP when I also queue for a daily, I agree with the decision. If I want to know what another player is doing, I can always add him as friend, and he can see that I'm following him. It seems fair.

On the other hand, if I add someone in my block list, I'd like to don't meet him/her in an instanced content. Even if this means longer queue time for me.

11 hours ago, Double Tap said:

Hello!

This is not a bug, but the intended behavior. The in-game block list and associated UI are undergoing some changes to help combat stalking behavior.

Thank you!

So instead of reacting to stalking reports and taking appropriate actions against those few black sheep you cut a usefull feature that helps to avoid certain people that one definetly doesn't want to play with for everyone? Oh come on... 

• Like 1
  • Confused 4

3 hours ago, Nash.2681 said:

So instead of reacting to stalking reports and taking appropriate actions against those few black sheep you cut a usefull feature that helps to avoid certain people that one definetly doesn't want to play with for everyone? Oh come on... 

This isn't right we should be able to see who is stalking us just to harass us. I had 2 and was told to turn on time stamp to report from block list and now we can't?? This needs changed back there are people in the game that like to follow people just to harass and troll them and their guild. This is not usefull at all to many that I've seen complaining in map chat about it, this seriously needs changed back.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

On 8/26/2022 at 6:04 AM, DivaCeryn.2673 said:

So we can avoid what ever map they are in. And adding them to friends list is not an option.

If you can see where whomever you block is, what exactly do you think will happen? Yes, reverse stalking. You want to stalk someone, just block them. If both of you block each other, then you'll always know where each other are. Defeats the purpose, doesn't it?

If your stalker is around you:

Just try to switch maps by going to PvP lobby, join a squad temporarily on LFG that's on another instance to switch, or waypoint to a distant area on the same map. It's maybe a little inconvenient but leaving it the way it was, is much worse.

Edited by Silent.6137
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1

23 hours ago, Double Tap said:

Hello!

This is not a bug, but the intended behavior. The in-game block list and associated UI are undergoing some changes to help combat stalking behavior.

Thank you!

So adding toxic players to your friendslist so you know where to not be in the game is the solution? I don't think that's intended behavior either. If it is, then I'll start researching into making a 3rd-party addon for the game. Would be neat with a shared blocklist across multiple accounts as well.

Currently I use my blocklist to know when not to queue in PvP. As in "Oh this toxic person is in Heart of the Mists? Better not queue up until they're safely inside a match and my match is free of their toxicity". There's no way not seeing their online status and their current map is intended behavior.

How about not allowing players to set their status to offline? Currently they can do this, but still trash talk you in whispers with no way for you to reply back because "the player you're trying to whisper is offline".

• Like 3
  • Confused 4

On 8/26/2022 at 7:04 AM, DivaCeryn.2673 said:

So we can avoid what ever map they are in. And adding them to friends list is not an option.

How do you expect to avoid them then? And yes you can still see them in map and not everyone's block list has done this. So just what is the point? It needs to be switched back if it's actually not a bug....

On 8/26/2022 at 2:17 PM, VictorLeal.4102 said:

This is an MMORPG you can't avoid people on the open map... Anyway whoever you blocked can't talk to you. I believe that this change has many more benefits than disadvantages in the same way that you can't see them they can't see you either

Open world is one thing, but instanced/competitive content is another. Knowing beforehand wether someone is running the game mode you consider to play can be important to some people.

It's probably a rare case, but it's not just about avoiding virtual people or trolls. There's some pretty trashy people IRL and if you happen to know that they also play GW2, you might want to avoid them at all costs since they already did some real kittened up stuff IRL and thus can easily trigger.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/29/2022 at 3:36 AM, Nash.2681 said:

It's probably a rare case, but it's not just about avoiding virtual people or trolls. There's some pretty trashy people IRL and if you happen to know that they also play GW2, you might want to avoid them at all costs since they already did some real kittened up stuff IRL and thus can easily trigger.

This is why I'd like to know where they are and if they are following me. This change wasn't for the better.

• Confused 2

2 hours ago, DivaCeryn.2673 said:

This is why I'd like to know where they are and if they are following me. This change wasn't for the better.

Well people have beena asking for this change forever that the block list was trash and should work this way.

They dident want blocked people to see them at all and thats what happens when you block now since you are even removed from their friend list.

Where were you debating that it should work how it was workling since that was better?

• Like 1