Arcane skills

Brodix.5214

After fury changes skill Arcane power and Arcane wave is usless, in 1300 hours i play i never see anyone with this skill, its time to change them. 

FAST EDIT:  other class have CC skill on utility, give it to Ele, mesmer have mantra cc with ammo.

Edited by Brodix.5214
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

• arcane power turns into a venom-like skill when traited with elemental surge. considering that arcane skills are pretty lackluster almost everywhere now, i think making the condition effects from elemental surge baseline (maybe different durations for each skill, doesnt have to be same ones either) to give them a bit more of an identity doesnt sound too broken imo
  • arcane wave has an alternate use as an on-demand blast finisher, but its long cd struggles to make it worthwhile. to be fair, the cds on a lot of the arcane skills are bit long and could probably use some global cd shaves
  • arcane brilliance is the same as arcane wave in that it doubles up as a blast finisher, but blast combos are a little outdated atm. this skill apparently has had a 15s cd in pvp for 5 years, yet has been stuck at 25s in pve/wvw for some reason
  • arcane blast, unlike wave, is mainly just a damage tool with little other purpose (projectile combos arent particularly strong). baseline conditions could give it a bit more of a use, but even then it seems a bit lacking
  • i dont have much to say about arcane shield
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Arcane surge is more an utility trait than dps.

Plus yes arcane skills got nerfed to the ground, most of them are just variation in range/ number of targets with low crit numbers.
Arcane surge conditions could be basic on skills ( lower duration on chill and immob) and the trait could grand a CD reduction and more charge to yourself, more charge to allies, alacrity?(which would be logic with the traitlane), condition + ferocity buff ...
Arcane traitlane could get some reworks too; Arcane restoration haven't been touched since the fall damage nerf, arcane precision could have longer duration; increase might effect by +5 on condi and power, one stack of arcane power on attunement swap ...

They could also give weaver a better "hybrid" dps identity with grieving (Idk, move weaver's prowess to minor, give back +15 precision on weakness,etc ...) and you'll get a nice grieving weaver with fire/arcane.

Edited by Zhaid Zhem.6508
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

the changes i would make for arcane skills, hoping my ele bias doesnt show to much XD

Arcane Brillance: honestly i think this skill is fine where it is, it's one of the more used ele heal skills from what i remember. a good balance of offense and healing. would probably get rid of the bonus healing based on enemies hit and increase base healing.

Arcane Blast: increase damage and add a bouncing effect to the projectiles (2 bounces). if projectile cannot bounce the damage it does increases and stuns.
gives blast a bit more punch in both single target and multiple targets as well as some CC against single targets.

Arcane Power: no longer grants stacks "arcane power" (was +75 ferocity) now just grants a flat 10%-15% crit damage buff to you and teammates for 5-10 seconds. grants fury and 5 might for 10s as well
just some extra damage output for the ele and others around them, bit boring but powerful

Arcane Shield: renamed to Arcane Aura
now is an aura skill, lasts 4 seconds. apply aegis on initial cast, and on 2 second interval (total of 3 aegis)
----> becomes Arcane Detonation. Detonate aura to knock down targets around you.
keeps the same effect as the original version (block 3 attacks) spread out across 4 seconds, but now can be shared with the group with water grandmaster "Powerful Aura" and a CC on aura detonation giving support eles a strong defensive option for the group.

Arcane Wave: blasts a wave of arcane energy to your targeted enemy dealing damage and removing up to 3 boons. allies around the enemy gain barrier and additional barrier for each boon removed. blast finisher removed.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, crosknight.3041 said:

Arcane Power: no longer grants stacks "arcane power" (was +75 ferocity) now just grants a flat 10%-15% crit damage buff to you and teammates for 5-10 seconds. grants fury and 5 might for 10s as well
just some extra damage output for the ele and others around them, bit boring but powerful

While i think it is pretty fine and not op at all , you know what anet thinks about unique bonus party damage modifier ? Ask "spotter" , "assassin's presence" or poor banners from warrior , never gonna happen (while i really like your overall new reworked arcane skills).

The thing i could change is arcane brillance being a single projectiles , but you get 50-60% of the damage of it as healing.

Arcane power : reload 1 ammunition from every arcane skill and increase effect of the next arcane skill u use , more bounce , more healing , bigger area of effect , or whatsoever.

All arcane skills should be an ammunition type skill  + bonus effect from your actual attunement , baseline.

Edited by zeyeti.8347
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/24/2022 at 3:34 PM, Brodix.5214 said:

After fury changes skill Arcane power and Arcane wave is usless, in 1300 hours i play i never see anyone with this skill, its time to change them. 

FAST EDIT:  other class have CC skill on utility, give it to Ele, mesmer have mantra cc with ammo.

I agree some of these skills could use a buff. Arcane power - the ferocity boost one - should just be replaced with something that has actual use and value. 

I have noticed that the arcane projectile, blast, and healing spell actually synergize pretty well with catalyst though. The heal could probably use a buff  but having those on-demand finishers are quite nice. Especially with catalyst because the heal gives you a nice bit of damage in addition to everything else. 

Yeah, arcane wave could MAYBE use a buff, and would need a drastic one in pve for sustained damage but in pvp it's probably fine. I wish they would give more access to combo fields in utilities though. 

• Like 1

On 8/25/2022 at 4:51 PM, crosknight.3041 said:

I am a bit shocked that no one mentiones that Arcane Power combined with Arcane Surge is one of the strongest condidmg utility skills (also incredible burst) we currently have in our arsenal. Removing the stacks like this would completely gut it's dmg. It can be used in fire centric condi speccs, especially great in less complex pure burn tempest setups.

• Confused 3