Best Open world Specializations?

Deathleecher.8532

For raw DPS, Berserker is very good, although a decent core build can do decent DPS while at the same time being more durable.

Whichever way you go, use Berserker stat gear, with maybe two or three Assassin stat trinkets to get critical chance to 70%.

Fury will take you the rest of the way to 100% crit.

My current Berserker build for OW is using:

Discipline: M-T-T

Strength: M-M-T

Berserker: T-T-T

(where M=Middle & T=Top)

Dual axes / Greatsword

Utilities: Blood Reckoning, Banner of Strength, Banner of Defense, Banner of Tactics, Battle Standard (can be swapped for any elite you prefer really; I run it for the res).

The new banners are nicely fire and forget, although functionally, I prefer shouts as they can be used while disabled and don't interrupt actions.

My current Core build for DPS is:

Strength: B-B-M (Use B-M-M if you're using GS for secondary)

Arms: M-M-B

Discipline: M-B-T

(where B=Bottom)

Dual axes again, and anything you like for the secondary really.

Otherwise, all gear the same as the Berserker build.

Utilities: Mending, "For Great Justice!", "Shake it off!", Bull's Charge, Signet of Rage.

It's pretty durable thanks to MMR, and I really like the intermittent activation of Lesser Signet of Might for some extra might and some unblockable attacks.

Although, if you don't like Arms, you can swap out Tactics and play with Soldier's Focus for some interesting group interactions.

• Confused 1

Just go with the Bladesworn Raid build, for real.

For Open World, in your Strength traitline, you can switch to Brave Stride instead of Peak Performance, Might Makes Right instead of Berserker's Power, just for more survivability and defense from getting knocked around/feared.

Leave Tactics as is, unless you want to go shout heals, if you plan on solo-ing some champions.

You can switch to Immortal Dragon if you want to solo champions more safely with the healing Dragon Slash, but Unyielding Dragon help you maintain might better when solo.

Referring to the standard BSw raid build, for Open World, you can swap out Overcharge Cartridges for something else, if you're not pushing for absolute max DPS.  Swap it out for CC/stab/stunbreak/flow generation, it's up to you, same with your Healing choice.  Typically you want to be in Dragon Trigger Stance within the first 2 seconds of  entering combat by juicing up on all your flow gen skills, then position yourself to hit the max number of mobs with your Dragon Slash.  You just spam that Dragon Slash as much as you can, spam and reload pistol 5, spam Gunsaber abilities basically.

Edited by CaffeeCup.5742
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

8 hours ago, Deathleecher.8532 said:

When i play my warrior im struggeling when killing stuff.

What spec can do the most dps?

When i play on my untamed i have no problem with anything.

there is an enormous difference in what classes can do on their own. Generally all classes are "viable" for open world but some classes are simply so much better you will simply breeze through any open world content without any kind of effort.

Untamed is one of those classes.

You can also try harbinger if you have the condi gear or reaper with just normal berserker/marauder stats. 15k-20k (depends on your gear ofc) solo dps with reaper and just shroud autoattacks is completly normal. Anything below elites just melts away so fast because mobs are not made for this kind of dps in open world. And at the same time you are also incredibly tanky because of your second hp bar.

Harbinger deals even more damage with just facerolling and pressing shroud 2 on cd but has a bit less cleave (but you give perma quickness to everyone around you). You also have less hp but you are ranged.

When you want equal damage as a solo warrior you have to go pretty much full glass. And if you want equal sustain you will deal alot less damage.

If you have EoD you can also use the Jade Tech offensive/defensive protocols on any open world map. Then you can basicly use any raid build because you have all boons at any time and everything just dies so fast the game feels more like diablo than guild wars.

Other people have been recommending more DPS, but there's a build that I play with one hand.  Let me introduce you to the Immortal Spellbreaker.

Bull's Rush is an open slot.  You can change that for anything else, but I've been using it to chain Wastrels Ruin and just end small enemies in two hits.  The main strengths of this build are that it self-buffs to 25 might, it can give a lot of self-quickness, and the self-sustain on this build is massive.  It's main weaknesses are that it needs an outside force to give it fury, it has no ranged option, and when it comes to group DPS it isn't the best.  There's also the variant which gives AoE might instead of self quickness, making it an O.K. group buffer instead.  Hardest part is learning to use full counter, but otherwise it's a pretty solid build.  

• Thanks 1

Running quickness sigils is huge for solo open world play I find.(also lifesteal food is good)

Nearly all my builds have rage and generosity weapon sigils mixed in there somewhere. 

I rekon alot of newer players would be unaware of this and i personally found it helped kill speed immensely 

8 hours ago, Blood Red Arachnid.2493 said:

Other people have been recommending more DPS, but there's a build that I play with one hand.  Let me introduce you to the Immortal Spellbreaker.

Bull's Rush is an open slot.  You can change that for anything else, but I've been using it to chain Wastrels Ruin and just end small enemies in two hits.  The main strengths of this build are that it self-buffs to 25 might, it can give a lot of self-quickness, and the self-sustain on this build is massive.  It's main weaknesses are that it needs an outside force to give it fury, it has no ranged option, and when it comes to group DPS it isn't the best.  There's also the variant which gives AoE might instead of self quickness, making it an O.K. group buffer instead.  Hardest part is learning to use full counter, but otherwise it's a pretty solid build.  

For OW PvE that build has plenty of Fury in Signet of Rage, and at full AI stacks is over capped on crit chance to the point that Signet of Fury can be swapped for For Great Justice to cover all Fury needs along with more might for sustain.

For solo open world nothing beats Power Spellbreaker, if you struggle with survivability: double daggers (nice healing and dmg) + double axes or GS, if you need more mobility. Very easy and relaxing playstyle. You get a lot of passive healing through Might and off hand Dagger. Check meta battle for details: https://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Spellbreaker_-_Strength_Fighter

Avoid Berserker: way two squishy, if you don't play Trailblazer or Celestial condi builds.

Haven't tried yet Bladesworn, but it looks ok.

Edited by Sifu.9745
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, Sifu.9745 said:

For solo open world nothing beats Power Spellbreaker, if you struggle with survivability: double daggers (nice healing and dmg) + double axes or GS, if you need more mobility. Very easy and relaxing playstyle. You get a lot of passive healing through Might and off hand Dagger. Check meta battle for details: https://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Spellbreaker_-_Strength_Fighter

Avoid Berserker: way two squishy, if you don't play Trailblazer or Celestial condi builds.

Haven't tried yet Bladesworn, but it looks ok.

Lord Hizen's Bladesworn build is not only better than Spellbreaker, I think it is the best OW spec in all the specs.