ArenaNet, When you nerf Bladesworn

Lonecap.4105

Bladesworn needs any bugs it has fixed or for Anet to admit that those are intended gameplay.

Is the CD on Dragonscale Defense supposed to be 60s in Competitive, or less?
People report that the Daring Dragon reset of DSD is happening even with the other GM traits taken, if that is the case then that needs to be fixed. Regardless, a 60s CD on DSD is probably too high, especially for only 1 stack of stability. When this bug is fixed could the stability stacks, duration, and CD of this minor be reevaluated please?

The hit box on Dragon Slash - Boost appears to be very prolonged and lingers after any visible animation. Is this intended? If so then perhaps a trail of explosions is warranted so that people know there is still a danger zone. If not, then when can a fix be expected?

Not a bug but a concern: the sustain is too high on BSW. Is the balance team looking at that? If so, if at all possible please keep any of those nerfs to BSW specific issues. The sustain on the rest of the warrior specs is not an issue, thus the problem isn't with any of the core traits or utilities.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Pati.2438 said:

@ProverbsofHell.2307 no but what you said just at Start...... . Maybe you should have sayn do not nerf any core traitline. Im simply not the best in english. So all i read where "nerf bladesworn by nerf core traitlines" simply just missread it xD

Ahhh all good, as long as we are all on the same page, I’m just trying to make sure Bladesworn doesn’t step on the rest of our toes.

20 hours ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

The sustain on the rest of the warrior specs is not an issue

Or rather, other specs can struggle to get decent sustain, especially if they're trying to build condi.

Certain traits are compulsory if you want any degree of sustain at all, and this dramatically reduces build diversity on Warrior.

And Defense is lacklustre overall, forcing you to sacrifice too much DPS for comparatively little sustain in return.

3 hours ago, Mungrul.9358 said:

Or rather, other specs can struggle to get decent sustain, especially if they're trying to build condi.

Certain traits are compulsory if you want any degree of sustain at all, and this dramatically reduces build diversity on Warrior.

And Defense is lacklustre overall, forcing you to sacrifice too much DPS for comparatively little sustain in return.

Yeah, there is too much stustain spread out to too many areas, and nerfed too hard during Feb2020. But if they put it all into one traitline, then that traitline becomes mandatory like Wilderness Survival is for Rangers.

If MMR and MM were placed in the same trait line for instance, say Tactics, then every warrior would run Tactics, Discipline, Bladesworn/Spellbreaker/Berserker or Arms/Strength if core.

What Warrior sustain revamp should look like:
TR needs to only refresh explosion skills.

MMR needs its healing numbers completely un-nerfed, the solution was to reduce sources of pulsing might not reduce might and the healing. The double whammy nerf was too harsh on sustain. 

AH and CI need to proc on Burst USE rather than Burst HIT.

Now that Resistance is so nerfed Healing Signet should either get a higher heal on activation or a higher pulse heal.

What this accomplishes is it shores up sustain for core, and those all warrior specs, while also curbing the big offender in Bladesworn.

• Like 2

The other problem with Warrior sustain is that objectively, no other heal utility can hold a candle to Mending, thanks to its relatively high heal, low cooldown, condi cleanse and symbiosis with Peak Performance.

I mean, it's got the best CD of all the heal skills available to Warrior (and better than most heal skills available to any profession), and that's before you trait it with Peak Performance, which then grants an extra 10% damage whenever you use Mending (or any other Physical skill).

ANET! I am not saying that Mending should be nerfed!

But rather all other heals should offer equivalent utility.

At the very least, Healing Signet's passive should stay active, even after activating it, or give a trait the ability to grant this functionality.

And even then, Mending would still be a better choice.

Edited by Mungrul.9358
e for at
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Nah, 2 years prior as part of a massive "Competitive mode balance patch" like feb2020.

2 years prior is quite likely around now. We only had the long gap between PoF and EoD because they didn't decide on an expansion until after IBS had already started, while this time, they committed to an expansion right away. There's a good chance the expansion will come just a few months after the end of next season like with season 3 and PoF.

1 hour ago, draxynnic.3719 said:

2 years prior is quite likely around now. We only had the long gap between PoF and EoD because they didn't decide on an expansion until after IBS had already started, while this time, they committed to an expansion right away. There's a good chance the expansion will come just a few months after the end of next season like with season 3 and PoF.

Next spring through the end of the year we'll get LWS6 followed by a prolonged content lull going into Q4 2023 as they work on Expac 4 when all of a sudden the nerfs hit in Q1 or Q2 2024. Four months later we'll start to see the first promo material and espec teasers with Q1 or Q2 2025 being the official launch of GW2 Return of the Gods: Dwayna is Livid.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Grand Marshal.4098 said:

Healing Signet should pulse twice the healing, grant a heal half of mending's and grant 10 sec of resistance with 5 sec of reso and regen. Good. 

That would be the strongest version of signer ever, and would probably be busted strong. 

I think Anet is trying to move away from classes relying heavily on signet passives. At least that would be my guess. Rectifier signet (engineer signet) active ability heals for 40% more per second of cooldown with the same passive tick and a secondary effect.

Imo, healing signet’s passive doesn’t need to be increased beyond 10%, then the active heal portion should be equivalent to the same amount of health over the cool down period (230*20 seconds = 4600), as well as a stronger secondary effect (as you suggested, resistance, resolution, and a third boon, not sure I like regen, but w.e). 

12 hours ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Next spring through the end of the year we'll get LWS6 followed by a prolonged content lull going into Q4 2023 as they work on Expac 4 when all of a sudden the nerfs hit in Q1 or Q2 2024. Four months later we'll start to see the first promo material and espec teasers with Q1 or Q2 2025 being the official launch of GW2 Return of the Gods: Dwayna is Livid.

Possibly. Keep in mind, though, that HoT and EoD have both been cases of going from "why would we need expansions, we can offer 'expansion level content' without one" to "we're doing an expansion and we want it out ASAP". That's why the prolonged content lulls have happened. When the expansion is planned from the beginning, as was the case with PoF, there was a pretty seamless transition from S3 to PoF. If anything, they didn't give themselves enough time for marketing. But I expect they'll be aiming for no more than three or four months between the end of S6 and the next expansion.

10 hours ago, oscuro.9720 said:

That would be the strongest version of signer ever, and would probably be busted strong. 

I think Anet is trying to move away from classes relying heavily on signet passives. At least that would be my guess. Rectifier signet (engineer signet) active ability heals for 40% more per second of cooldown with the same passive tick and a secondary effect.

Imo, healing signet’s passive doesn’t need to be increased beyond 10%, then the active heal portion should be equivalent to the same amount of health over the cool down period (230*20 seconds = 4600), as well as a stronger secondary effect (as you suggested, resistance, resolution, and a third boon, not sure I like regen, but w.e). 

Ah yeah def. Im joking with that idea. 

Despite that, yeah, just making it a worthwhile healing skill is dependent on a strong active. Most classes have the raw damage to easily burst down a healing tick. 

I would actually be fine with a 25% healing per tick increase and for the active to make up for the loss of the pulsing effect with 10 sec of Resistance, some raw heal and a chunk of barrier. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, draxynnic.3719 said:

Possibly. Keep in mind, though, that HoT and EoD have both been cases of going from "why would we need expansions, we can offer 'expansion level content' without one" to "we're doing an expansion and we want it out ASAP". That's why the prolonged content lulls have happened. When the expansion is planned from the beginning, as was the case with PoF, there was a pretty seamless transition from S3 to PoF. If anything, they didn't give themselves enough time for marketing. But I expect they'll be aiming for no more than three or four months between the end of S6 and the next expansion.

I hope you are right.

On 8/29/2022 at 7:23 PM, ProverbsofHell.2307 said:

Do not, under any circumstances, nerf Bladesworn by nerfing any core line. That is all

thats literally what they did when berserker came out, then spellbreaker and now bladesworn, its why warrior is such a mess today, it really needs to stop, but wtf are we gonna do. *shrugs. 🤷‍♂️

• Like 3
  • Confused 1