Hide your forum online visibility status

I wonder if this is why I'm currently seeing "one other user is here" at the top of this thread? Previously it always said who it was.

Personally it doesn't bother me but it's still good to know we have the option. It might bother some other people if I don't hide it, as I have a bad habit of leaving forum tabs open while doing other things (sometimes more than one) and it can take me a long time to write a post. (Partially due to dyslexia, partially due to re-writes as I try to decide what the hell I'm trying to say while saying it.)

I really like that we now have the option to be notified when someone tags us or quotes a post but not for reactions though. That's a huge improvement for me.

To change that go to Account Settings > Notification Settings > Mentions & My Content and uncheck the ones for reactions.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 9/1/2022 at 4:12 PM, Khisanth.2948 said:

If you use any sort of adblocker, adding a block for https://content.invisioncic.com/a311129/javascript_cloud/front_front_realtime.js.gz?v=d815db93211661958057 will get rid of the other part giving you the notifications about who is where

Thanks for this.  It was working great  until today.  Now it is back again.   I checked my filters and it is still there.  No idea why it came back maybe they changed something?     I find those things obnoxious especially in dark mode because they add a bright field around the text   Any idea how to make it work again?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Nine Inch Snails.7963 said:

Thanks for this.  It was working great  until today.  Now it is back again.   I checked my filters and it is still there.  No idea why it came back maybe they changed something?     I find those things obnoxious especially in dark mode because they add a bright field around the text   Any idea how to make it work again?

Make sure your blocking rule ignores the version. For example this is for AdblockPlus(ABP)

||content.invisioncic.com/a311129/javascript_cloud/front_front_realtime.js.gz?v=*

Otherwise the blocking rule will stop working every time they do any sort of update to the script

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Khisanth.2948 said:

Make sure your blocking rule ignores the version. For example this is for AdblockPlus(ABP)

Otherwise the blocking rule will stop working every time they do any sort of update to the script

Adding  ||content.invisioncic.com/a311129/javascript_cloud/front_front_realtime.js.gz?v=*    

To my Ublock Origin filters worked.

Thanks again.

Edited by Nine Inch Snails.7963
  • Like 1