[Halloween] Can we have the other cut content back this year?

Konig Des Todes.2086

After years absence, in 2018 Reaper's Rumble returned to the festival. But there are some stuff that's still dreadfully missing, and one of these is pretty major. Specifically I am referring to the three meta events and the Bloody Prince Thorn instances in Nolani:

1. Knocking On The Door
  2. Advisor of the Lunatic Court
  3. The Mad Engineer
  4. The Reliquary + Resealing the Bloody Prince

Now, all of these are pure story stuff, similar to the Mad Memoires, but without a unique reward so they're not really important to most players to bring back. But one of them being missing is blocking a huge QoL feature for low level players. In 2012, Knocking on the Door's meta progress blocked the appearance of Mad King's Doors from spawning in Queensdale; without completing the meta, no doors spawned. With its removal... no doors spawn ever. This basically locks players out of all Halloween festivals unless they run off to Kessex, Gendarran, or Lion's Arch.

And even then, these meta events were decent enemy farming that was outside of the Labyrinth which can be unforgiving if not in a mob or high level.

And heck, it's more content that can be brought back and be "new" to most players! As I see it, no reason to not bring it back (and other missing festival stuff). And hopefully a month and a half is enough to bring at least some of these back (I would have posted earlier, but I knew the festival team devs would be occupied with Festival of the Four Winds and would likely get ignored).

• Like 21

10 minutes ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

I'd love to see all that content return as well.

Could you refresh the memory of whether any of these might clash with the current state of the Labyrinth (the Joko dialogue, the pouting Prince at the end of the nwe jumping puzzle)? But even if they did, there would certainly be a solution to it.

None of them take place in the Labyrinth.

First three are event chains taking place in Queensdale (Shaemoor and its graveyard), Kessex Hills (eastern area), and Gendarran (near First Haven and Nebo). So none of them should have clashed with later content added. The fourth are two instances in Black Citadel (Nolani) which similarly hasn't received updates yet.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 9/3/2022 at 2:00 PM, Konig Des Todes.2086 said:

And heck, it's more content that can be brought back and be "new" to most players!

Including those of us who took a break around the time all these festivals popped into existence, so we never got to experience the first (or second) run-through of the since-removed content.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Randulf.7614 said:

Looks like not this year

My hope was always low but the roadmap never goes into detail for what kind of content is in the festivals or story releases. IIRC, the roadmap didn't bring up the skiff races during FotFW for example - that was left to interviews with Joe Kimmes.

So there's still a chance, even if abysmally small.

I will continue to bring this up immediately after FotFW every year until it gets brought back though.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Konig Des Todes.2086 said:

My hope was always low but the roadmap never goes into detail for what kind of content is in the festivals or story releases. IIRC, the roadmap didn't bring up the skiff races during FotFW for example - that was left to interviews with Joe Kimmes.

So there's still a chance, even if abysmally small.

I will continue to bring this up immediately after FotFW every year until it gets brought back though.

Better to advocate earlier given their implementation times, but I’m fully in agreement for those things to be brought back. Should any dev be reading this 😉

• Like 1