Now is the time to police your game.

There are lots of new players about since the steam launch, lots of new eyes on the product and what do they see? AFK farmers and bots, everywhere.

It makes the game look cheap and lawless, like the people in charge aren't bothered.

This stuff really does matter,  I left WoW as I coudnt compete with mutli boxers.

Please Anet, take this seriously.

Perma ban AFK farmers and make what you're doing very public, your game will benifit form it in the long term.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 7
  • Confused 10
  • Sad 1

is it this time of week already? they do check afk spots. if you do not respond to them, you can expect a ban. there is no way for us normal players to know if they are a bot or if they are actually pressing the buttons manually as tos tell us to do. report them and move on.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 4

Do they check? Do they ban? How do you know that?

I'm not saying you're wrong, but if they are doing this it needs to be better publicised, firstly to discourge offenders, but also for players like me that are getting more disheartened all the time.

People still remember when they banned a hacker by throwing him of a ledge, it was good publicity for the game.

I understand some don't care about this, but many like me do.

I really puts me off of any game I see it in.

• Like 4
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

i have seen it happen. they teleport the engineers and whisper the necros. i have only heard about the necro whispering, but i have personally been there when anet teleports the engineers and they spring to life and talk to the person teleporting them before going back to their spot. there was only one engineer at that time not responding and just stood there and threw new turrets. i am assuming that one is seen as a bot and banned when they do that in waves. this was the spot in iron marches

• Like 3

Setting a skill on autoattack and being half-AFK isn't bannable.

GMs in this game have permanent stealth,are all over the game and can join any guild, party or squad. They whisper players to make sure they're active, and if they respond, the GM just goes about their day, because no rules are being broken if the player is at their PC and not using a macro/script.

Real bots are using scripts, don't respond to whisper and spam F to collect loot. They're easy to notice because they'll hop into your turtle if you go near them, and these ones do get banned.

Edited by Mariyuuna.6508
  • Confused 1

Literally no one is "semi afk with a skill on auto". You can'r afk farm with "a skill on auto". 

Every single farm bot anyone ever encounters is running scripts. The die-hards, as is always the case with the game's indefensible issues, try to pass it off and minimise the negatives. Everyone else does stuff like might buff the Malyx bots, or drag bounties to them. Because lol they aren't semiafk, they're fully afk, and their corpses linger for eternity -- just like their eternal presence regardless of reports, with groups of 10 with identical names sat in the same spot week after week...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 5

3 hours ago, Mariyuuna.6508 said:

Setting a skill on autoattack and being half-AFK isn't bannable.

GMs in this game have permanent stealth,are all over the game and can join any guild, party or squad. They whisper players to make sure they're active, and if they respond, the GM just goes about their day, because no rules are being broken if the player is at their PC and not using a macro/script.

Real bots are using scripts, don't respond to whisper and spam F to collect loot. They're easy to notice because they'll hop into your turtle if you go near them, and these ones do get banned.

That turtle thing is soo funny! 

Now i really wished i had one hahaha

4 hours ago, HitmanHaydon.1053 said:

There are lots of new players about since the steam launch, lots of new eyes on the product and what do they see? AFK farmers and bots, everywhere.

It makes the game look cheap and lawless, like the people in charge aren't bothered.

This stuff really does matter,  I left WoW as I coudnt compete with mutli boxers.

Please Anet, take this seriously.

Perma ban AFK farmers and make what you're doing very public, your game will benifit form it in the long term.

I have to admit it has been months since i last saw an afk farmer. I think it was in Istan. 

But whatever i dont care enough to even report them. 

It didnt impact my gameplay at all..

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, LSD.4673 said:

Literally no one is "semi afk with a skill on auto". You can'r afk farm with "a skill on auto". 

Every single farm bot anyone ever encounters is running scripts. The die-hards, as is always the case with the game's indefensible issues, try to pass it off and minimise the negatives. Everyone else does stuff like might buff the Malyx bots, or drag bounties to them. Because lol they aren't semiafk, they're fully afk, and their corpses linger for eternity -- just like their eternal presence regardless of reports, with groups of 10 with identical names sat in the same spot week after week...

I'm sorry but this is a case of not knowing the game very well. For example all the Necro minionmancer farmers have greatsword skill #4 on autoattack, it expands outwardly and tags monsters which causes them to attack the Necro, further aggroing its minions.

There are many such builds in the game. Pretty much any pet class can do it, and non-pet classes can do it if a single PBAoE skill does enough damage.

Druid literally just got a new AFK farming build in which they staff auto their pet!

Edited by Mariyuuna.6508
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Cronospere.8143 said:

I have to admit it has been months since i last saw an afk farmer. I think it was in Istan. 

But whatever i dont care enough to even report them. 

It didnt impact my gameplay at all..

It really does not effect my gameplay.  Unlike WoW as the OP mentioned, there is not squabbling over resource nodes.  Report and move on.  

• Like 3

I lurked in the darkness for months:

1. Theres gm that check farm spots once in a while
  2.  I've seen engi being teleported around in the iboga farm, engi and necro teleported adound in the choya farm, nothing in the hyenas farm (maybe never got the right time ?)
  3. Turrets spammers disappear (so i guess they get a ban) if they keep spamming the turrets when ported
  4. Reporting the same dude that is spamming rifle [1] and <next target> nonstop for days did nothing because he magically is never there when theres a gm.

Also, PM somenone to check if he/she/it/whatever is there is no good because when you semi-afk farm (if you dont have 2 monitor) you use the game windowed and put it half out the monitor so you can see from half the hp ball to the elite skill while doing other stuff (reading manga, watching videos or whatever)

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, PinkTacoLover.7603 said:

I lurked in the darkness for months:

1. Theres gm that check farm spots once in a while
  2.  I've seen engi being teleported around in the iboga farm, engi and necro teleported adound in the choya farm, nothing in the hyenas farm (maybe never got the right time ?)
  3. Turrets spammers disappear (so i guess they get a ban) if they keep spamming the turrets when ported
  4. Reporting the same dude that is spamming rifle [1] and <next target> nonstop for days did nothing because he magically is never there when theres a gm.

Also, PM somenone to check if he/she/it/whatever is there is no good because when you semi-afk farm (if you dont have 2 monitor) you use the game windowed and put it half out the monitor so you can see from half the hp ball to the elite skill while doing other stuff (reading manga, watching videos or whatever)

Interesting observations.  And good point on semi afk farming.