ARC DPS (and all damage meters) are ruining the game

SolidTx.3249

.... Lol at all the interest and comments in this thread. 

Hasn't this topic already been discussed to death on forum over and over already, yet here we all are again🤣😂 🤣😂🤣😂

@kharmin.7683where are you when we need you with your OP use search function post! 

Edited by Gregg.3970
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Ashen.2907 said:

What you are proposing is a solution to a problem that does not exist. You are asking that resources be spent to no purpose.

They can see the code of any dps meter addon and copy it .

Or use the internal one and make it public

7 minutes ago, Ashen.2907 said:

In OW one already has the option to not have their DPS visible to others.

Let's make an official meter then . If such  rules apply with the existing addons , then we aren't loosing anything , and we don't need to install a new copy of the addon every patch , nor risking it by installing a 3rd party addon

(why creating the extra step to put my account name in a site , so the dps addon don't track me , when  passively the same can be done with an official meter)

Edited by Woof.8246
  • Confused 4

5 minutes ago, Gregg.3970 said:

.... Lol at all the interest and comments in this thread. 

Hasn't this topic already been discussed to death on forum over and over already, yet here we all are again🤣😂 🤣😂🤣😂

@kharmin.7683where are you when we need you with your OP use search function post! 

Probably 3-4 pages back somewhere.

• Haha 5

10 minutes ago, Woof.8246 said:

And the general response is " that the tool is not toxic , but people "

I am offering an simple solution to counter the human element : Official Meter that will be used in every mode except OW

And it's not a solution to OP's problem, and nobody is using DPS meters in OW.

Please spare your off-topic debates elsewhere.

4 minutes ago, Vilin.8056 said:

And it's not a solution to OP's problem, and nobody is using DPS meters in OW.

Please spare your off-topic debates elsewhere.

Nor , is a solution to simple saying "it's just a tool that people miss-use it" and continue the debate .

If you have more better solution than an OFFICIAL METER (not used in OW) i am all ears

Edited by Woof.8246
  • Confused 4

6 minutes ago, Woof.8246 said:

Nor , is a solution to simple saying "it's just a tool that people miss-use it" and continue the debate .

If you have more better solution than an OFFICIAL METER (not used in OW) i am all ears

And how does an official meter solve the problem of low skilled players still getting kicked from instanced contents, which is the center of the topic here?

Again, take your off-topic debates elsewhere.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Vilin.8056 said:

And how does an official meter solve the problem of low skilled players still getting kicked from instanced contents, which is the center of the topic here?

Again, take your off-topic debates elsewhere.

Official meter means , that people ARE EXPECTED- OFFICIALY (sealed and aproved by the company)  to increase their dps in instance content . You know the deal when you sign up in  there .

While harassment should not be happening  in OW

Edited by Woof.8246
  • Confused 5

6 minutes ago, Woof.8246 said:

Official meter means , that people ARE EXPECTED to increase their dps in instance content .

While harassment should not be happening  in OW

And what happens if people who are expected to increase their dps does not increase their dps? Should the game just kick them systematically?

Again, not solving any problem.

Edited by Vilin.8056
  • Like 4

Just now, Woof.8246 said:

Official meter means , that people ARE EXPECTED- OFFICIALY (sealed and aproved by the company)  to increase their dps in instance content . You know the deal when you sign up in  there .

THAT is exactly why we should NEVER have an official meter. It's absurd to believe that Anet would EVER advocate a hard-restriction to content like this. You realize Anet want ALL kinds of people to play their game right? Not just the ones they consider worthy enough to do so by passing some arbitrary DPS threshold. 

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Thanks 2

You have the justification to kick them and belittle them in the forums if they try to whine about beeing kicked for CM for example

Maybe ... but why would ANYONE want that in the first place, especially Anet? Like, you are honestly of the opinion this would be GOOD for the game to have this? You need to take a step back. 

Edited by Obtena.7952

4 minutes ago, Obtena.7952 said:

Maybe ... but why would ANYONE want that in the first place, especially Anet? Like, you are honestly of the opinion this would be GOOD for the game to have this? You need to take a step back. 

My current worry is for OW atm .

As Sven said in many youtube videos , the goal of the instance community is to attract and train people . Even with official or un-official dps addon , i cannot (nor should I) change  people's behavior  there

Edited by Woof.8246
  • Confused 4

My current worry is OW atm .

As Sven said in many youtube videos , the goal of the instance community is to attract and train people .

You're inventing problems based on your worries here to argue. DPS meters don't accurately reflect OW performance to begin with, so talking about OW as a concern is irrelevant. Official meter or not, you don't address a people problem like this. 

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Obtena.7952 said:

You're inventing problems here to argue. DPS meters don't accurately reflect OW performance so talking about OW as a concern is irrelevant. 

If the OW performance is not a concern atm , then it won't be after the official addon too.

In instance content  with an official or un-official dps addon , i cannot (nor should I) change  people's behavior  there

Edited by Woof.8246
  • Confused 2

If the OW performance is not a concern atm , then it won't be after the official addon .

In instance content  with official or un-official dps addon , i cannot (nor should I) change  people's behavior  there

It wouldn't part of ANY add-on because it's not going to exist in the first place to solve a problem that doesn't exist. 

An official non-OW meter doesn't fix any problem because the use of a meter in OW isn't a problem in the first place. 

You're whole premise for this official meter is to solve a problem that doesn't exist. 

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Like 1

Just now, Obtena.7952 said:

It wouldn't part of ANY add-on because it's not a problem to begin with. 

An official non-OW meter doesn't fix any problem because the use of a meter in OW isn't a problem in the first place. 

We can finalize it  and ensure (officially) that won't be any issue in OW .

• Confused 3

We can finalize it  and ensure (officially) that won't be any issue in OW .

Which isn't a problem in the first place. Therefore it's absurd that this is the premise for an official meter. 

It makes no sense for Anet to implement an official meter that doesn't work in OW because a meter that works everywhere but OW  is not needed. 

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Obtena.7952 said:

Which isn't a problem in the first place. Therefore it's absurd that this is the premise for an official meter. 

We cannot trust people , how they will behave now , or in the future .

The company could , with an official dps addon that won't work in OW

• Confused 4

The company could , with an official dps addon that won't work in OW

That doesn't make sense. The question here is pretty simple:

Why do we need a DPS meter that doesn't work in OW?

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Woof.8246 said:

You have the justification to kick them and belittle them in the forums if they try to whine about beeing kicked for CM for example .

OFFICIALY (sealed and aproved by the company)

No, you don't.  Belittling players in the forums is against the CoC.  And belittling is certainly not officially sanctioned by Anet.

Speak for yourself, not the company. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Obtena.7952 said:

That doesn't make sense. The question here is pretty simple:

Why do we need a DPS meter that doesn't work in OW?

So the OW community is un-affected by this issue ?

The instance community , can fix their internal problems afterwards

• Confused 7

1 hour ago, Woof.8246 said:

I am offering a solution : Official Meter that will be used in every mode exept OW

And that's when people start asking the players to link their builds -THEN you'll have a build requirement. That's not a thing with dps meters, because -again- dps meters are objective and don't care what build you play. What you're saying above is simply backwards.

57 minutes ago, Woof.8246 said:

Nor , is a solution to simple saying "it's just a tool that people miss-use it"

Yeah, that's not a "solution", that's a "fact".

Funnily enough you've tried to claim ingame report isn't a solution either, but then compared it to existance of IRL laws as something that's "prevention tool". 🙄

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

As a said :

True, but predicting that all the sudden for no reason, people go crazy and do this in OW, is not a reason to make the meter not work in OW. 

it's absurd to think that based on the unpredictable behaviour of people, that an official DPS meter that doesn't function in OW is going to protect OW players from that kind of crazy, ESPECIALLY since nothing has prevented it up to this point ... expect that people aren't as crazy as you seem to think. 

Edited by Obtena.7952