please nerf untamed cc

MoZing.1594

On 9/11/2022 at 10:17 AM, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

Except you're ignorant on the topic.

Look, there is no way to nerf Untamed damage without greatly harming all the other Ranger specs, including Untamed DPS in areas that are not that one burst. You nerf GS, you nerf all Ranger specs that do not need nerfing. You nerf Marks mods, you need nerf all Ranger specs that do not need nerfing. You nerf Untamed damage mods of the specialization itself, you nerf its damage that isn't that burst and its damage in PvE. The only reasonable nerf to throw at Untamed, which is the source of its functionality, is this skill Unnatural Traversal - Guild Wars 2 Wiki (GW2W) It does not need to have a 50% reduction to the 40s CD. Having a 20s CD on that teleport is what makes it too strong. Just remove that 50% reduction and having that skill on a 40s CD sounds about right, macro use or not. 20s essentially means it freely generates a downstate once per 20s, which is actually really messed up.

Also, I'm honestly one of maybe 4 people in the entire player base of GW2 NA and EU, that knows the dynamic of the game and the class Ranger well enough, who actually isn't biased who will attack my own class's balance, that my feedback & suggestions are actually worth paying attention to. This is especially true considering the previous large balance patch that had a dev who worked on it caught in a quote saying: "I haven't played Ranger so I'm working from wiki here." At this point, it is very important that 10 year veteran players of their class speak up about what needs to happen in this game.

Who Arenanet actually needs to be ignoring, are people like you.

That is a good idea and as an Untamed main I could agree to that but there is more to one shotting people. I mean all that one shotting does is down them to then be resurrected which is a very good counter to the similar Soulbeast version. If your entire kits is made for a super burst build (maybe a macro) It wont hold up in tournaments.

On 9/11/2022 at 3:27 PM, felix.2386 said:

just had a plat2 matches, i know it's plat2 because i'm getting +10 while being plat2

with double duoq on my team having untamed in each duoq.

enemy also had double duoq but no untamed

and we wrecked them 500-100.

two untameds absolutely destroyed.

you need hard execution for 16k+ damage to heavy

but 12k damage port to heavy is easy to execute.

now i'm more convinced that next mAT will be full of untamed

coping, there's a reason they didnt run DH in mAT when it was really good and it had more consistent dmg uptime than untamed ever will... It's just a good pug stomper build. DPS + Roaming will always be king in ranked, and there's other classes that can do that too, like herald.

the ONLY reason boyce ran untamed in mAT was because akimbo mode had 3 specters.. he needed to otherwise it prob would have been bladesworn because his bladesworn brings more value, but since flor can BS it was fine to run. even then they also barely won, even with untamed supposedly countering specter.

thinking that untamed would have any value after shade nerfs to specter in mAT now is massive copium. it's only value in competitive is dependent on how good a few other specs are, specter mainly in this case.

I will add that it's funny that you mention untamed, which was only brought to provide damage control from the specters and the harb was basically a decoy because you cant let harb free cast + low value kill = their team can do things and have more freedom elsewhere, but the big thing is you don't point out there's 5 thieves in mAT finals xD

Like the bias that you show is unreal lol , like people ignore the obvious competitive broken kitten because it's most likely their profession, but point out other stuff because they dont like it.

Edited by Tinkerer.2167

18 hours ago, Tinkerer.2167 said:

even then they also barely won, even with untamed supposedly countering specter.

do you even have any idea what you are talking about? you seem so clueless about setup and match ups.

yea one untamed should completely wreck an entire team full of specter 1v5, totally logical, while rest of his team are getting trained.

LOL, that is not what hard counter means.

don't try to make sense out of things you don't understand.

1 hour ago, felix.2386 said:

do you even have any idea what you are talking about? you seem so clueless about setup and match ups.

yea one untamed should completely wreck an entire team full of specter 1v5, totally logical, while rest of his team are getting trained.

LOL, that is not what hard counter means.

don't try to make sense out of things you don't understand.

On one side we have @Trevor Boyer.6524 with his "projectile denial is OP, please nerf" threads and from the other side we have you with your warrior making a nerf threads every time you lose in PvP....

Edited by Arheundel.6451
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

On 9/10/2022 at 9:38 PM, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

But yeah, this is one of the reasons I am not a fan of Untamed. It a class design that 110% rewards the use of macros,

On 9/9/2022 at 6:02 PM, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

Ranger based classes are difficult for the Arenanet team to balance competitively, here is why:

Because Anet devs do not play with this class at all, they have 0 knowledge and they and their  "experts discord"  kind of low key despise the class. When they balance the class by the wiki you can expect stuff like the nerfs suggestions you can read in this subforum. 

And yes UnFun needs a full rework. 

Edited by anduriell.6280
  • Like 2