Adding tonics which give the cosmetic effect of infusions

If you arent going to add new ways to obtain rare infusions could you at least add tonics that provide their effect temporarily?

For example crystal infusion's effect is shared by pulsating crystal, which can be purchased with karma and mistonium. 

You could add tonics for infusions like aurillium, chak and other similar ones and even make them stackable, people will farm the map for the currency to get them and the infusions wouldnt lose their value or prestige because the tonics would be temporary.

Does this sound like a good alternative? 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 9
  • Sad 1

I don't understand how this is supposed to change anything that was said in the previous thread.

Those cosmetic infusions were always about the effect, not the +5 stat anyways. It's basically making a cheaper upgrade of the expensive infusions -upgrade because now you can easier always use +stat infusions you want and you can use tonics on every character on the account. If anything, maaybe add an option to exchange the infusion to tonics through npc or sth.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

i saw you created a topic about infusion for 2-3 times

i just want to tell you if you can't afford it just go to AB / EOD / Dragon fall if you have enough patient you will have it for sure

how to get infusion

- being a lucky guy

- being a rich man in real life

- Patient 

- Gamble

stop looking for shorcut / easy way 

good luck at amnoon and TD guys  🤒

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

11 hours ago, Sobx.1758 said:

I don't understand how this is supposed to change anything that was said in the previous thread.

Those cosmetic infusions were always about the effect, not the +5 stat anyways. It's basically making a cheaper upgrade of the expensive infusions -upgrade because now you can easier always use +stat infusions you want and you can use tonics on every character on the account. If anything, maaybe add an option to exchange the infusion to tonics through npc or sth.

As an infusion the effect is permanent, people can get the tonic for crystal infusion, but they still do the meta trying to get it

• Confused 6
  • Sad 1

The game has enough clutter already. Besides it will devalue the infusions. Imagine 10 ppl in a squad when doing meta with stacks of confetti infusions.  And 10 players with 5 stack chak, some crystal and queen bee infusions. Bring forth the acrobats the circus is in town! 

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Freya.9075 said:

The game has enough clutter already. Besides it will devalue the infusions. Imagine 10 ppl in a squad when doing meta with stacks of confetti infusions.  And 10 players with 5 stack chak, some crystal and queen bee infusions. Bring forth the acrobats the circus is in town! 

The dragon eye is already devalued 9 times since release so... eventually their number increases and their value goes down

• Confused 5
  • Sad 1

Have you considered requesting a truly new reward rather than taking rarity and value away from something that others have earned, were lucky to get, or paid significant sums of money for?

Even this thread is not about something new but rather a way to get access to an existing rare cosmetic effect without having to go through what others did to get it.  It is a request to cheapen others' existing rewards, not for a new reward.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Ashen.2907 said:

Have you considered requesting a truly new reward rather than taking rarity and value away from something that others have earned, were lucky to get, or paid significant sums of money for?

Even this thread is not about something new but rather a way to get access to an existing rare cosmetic effect without having to go through what others did to get it.  It is a request to cheapen others' existing rewards, not for a new reward.

Others? As I said I did get them before, still have winter's heart infusion, i dont plan on selling it so I dont care about its price dropping, if it was stackable I would have prefered its price to drop so I could have more

• Like 1
  • Confused 6
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, andreiblue.8231 said:

The dragon eye is already devalued 9 times since release so... eventually their number increases and their value goes down

You got any other examples of devalued infusions? Sure they fluctuate in price cause of events, but so far they have not been devalued as most of them are still costing thousands of gold to buy. What you're asking for is devaluating the infusions for players who have these infusions. Besides you did not adress the clutter concern i said. Maybe do that instead of reaching for straws?

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Freya.9075 said:

You got any other examples of devalued infusions? Sure they fluctuate in price cause of events, but so far they have not been devalued as most of them are still costing thousands of gold to buy. What you're asking for is devaluating the infusions for players who have these infusions. Besides you did not adress the clutter concern i said. Maybe do that instead of reaching for straws?

Queen bee infusions, confetti infusion, aurillium infusions and chak infusions all used to cost double or triple of what they do now.

And yes, I do not care if they get devalued and more accesible, happy?

• Confused 8
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, andreiblue.8231 said:

Queen bee infusions, confetti infusion, aurillium infusions and chak infusions all used to cost double or triple of what they do now.

And if you read what i wrote, it's still thousands of gold to buy. It's still a high value item as not many players can afford infusions for 5-10k gold.

Your honestly is appreciated, cause that does show your lack of understanding and empathy towards ppl who spent hundreds or even thousands of hours farming or flipping items to buy infusions.  If you add these as a tonic you can buy cheap from map currency it will lose its value wether you agree or not. As many players will run around with these effects without the effort of getting the real deal. 

And i guess the clutter is no issue for you. Seeing how ppl react to clutter already, it would be interesting to read the forums if they did add these tonics. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, andreiblue.8231 said:

So what if they did?

it dont mean we should tank them further just because you cant handle money, gold or time.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, andreiblue.8231 said:

And you show your lack of empathy towards those who completed all those events thousands of times and never got any of the rare items. 

And just for your comment I will make my characters have the most blinding colors and effects to show you that rare infusions arent needed for that

as a player who never got the drop and have done it countless times, I understand the meaning of the drop. I do not expect to get one. And lucky players who does get it, I'm happy for. And players who actually farmed and worked for the item I respect.

I do not mind shiny circus characters,so by all means do so. It's not something i pay attention to. I was just thinking about the players who does mind. But thinking about others is not everyones strongsuit. Which is ok.

• Like 4

Gods no ... If it were selfishly up to me, infusions and all other ridiculously overdone flashy, glowing. excessive particle effects, etc., etc., would cease to exist in GW2.

Or perhaps preferably, and less selfishly, a toggle or slider to restrict all the visual pollution. Seems like that'd suit everyone; excepting perhaps those with a very deep need to believe they're showing off.

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, andreiblue.8231 said:

It didn't. The release price wasn't in any way normal for the item, which is proven by the rapid drop in less than a month to around/below 3k.

And as I said, changing the source of the cosmetic effect doesn't change much compared to the previous thread. The goals and results are still same or extremely similar.

5 hours ago, andreiblue.8231 said:

Others? As I said I did get them before, still have winter's heart infusion, i dont plan on selling it so I dont care about its price dropping, if it was stackable I would have prefered its price to drop so I could have more

Ok and why is that? Isn't it because the price is drastically different? You valued gold more than the effect for one infusion, but you value the effect more than [smaller amount of gold] in this case. Since we know people are also using those more expensive infusions, it's clear that evaluation is subjective and differs between the players. You sold the more expensive one and left the cheaper one. Ok, what is this showing exactly and how is this supposed to respond to the question Ashen asked?

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 2
  • Confused 2

27 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

It didn't. The release price wasn't in any way normal for the item, which is proven by the rapid drop in less than a month to around/below 3k.

And as I said, changing the source of the cosmetic effect doesn't change much compared to the previous thread. The goals and results are still same or extremely similar.

Ok and why is that? Isn't it because the price is drastically different? You valued gold more than the effect for one infusion, but you value the effect more than [smaller amount of gold] in this case. Since we know people are also using those more expensive infusions, it's clear that evaluation is subjective and differs between the players. You sold the more expensive one and left the cheaper one. Ok, what is this showing exactly and how is this supposed to respond to the question Ashen asked?

It is still a few hundred gold, I would sell it if I wanted another item and I consider that said item is worth more, I think the effect of one heart infusion is better than the effect of one dragon eye infusion, it's subjective

• Confused 3
  • Sad 1

17 minutes ago, andreiblue.8231 said:

It is still a few hundred gold, I would sell it if I wanted another item and I consider that said item is worth more, I think the effect of one heart infusion is better than the effect of one dragon eye infusion, it's subjective

Yes, that's exactly what I wrote in my post, but I'm glad you understand it. The question was: (...)Ok, what is this showing exactly and how is this supposed to respond to the question Ashen asked?

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, andreiblue.8231 said:

What currency? You can do tangled depths 3 thousand times and all the loot wouldnt be near the cost of the chak infusion.

Gold is a currency. You get more than 1 gold per meta, doing that event thousands of times makes you thousands of gold.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

7 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Gold is a currency. You get way more than 1 gold per meta, doing that event thousands of times makes you multiple thousands of gold.

Let's do some math. Heart of Thorns expansion was released on 23rd October 2015, since then 2505 days have passed. Someone who did that meta every day since release (for about 7 years) and got about 2 gold (exaggerated imo) from each meta would have grinded about 5010g and right now would be just barely over the half gold needed and would still need 7 more years to get all the gold needed considering I just checked the price of the chak infusion and it is 9800 gold right now. You are basically saying that someone should do that meta daily for 14 years in order to get the infusion.

Edited by andreiblue.8231
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

If I'm reading this correct, according to [fast], Chak gerent meta, 100% participation, only 8 caches at the end gives on average 2.86 g. And you will open more caches, so you will get more than that.

While I think rare drops are good for the game, personally I dont really care if they give you all the shiny infusions as tonics as long as I can turn all those effects off on my screen. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

34 minutes ago, andreiblue.8231 said:

Let's do some math. Heart of Thorns expansion was released on 23rd October 2015, since then 2505 days have passed. Someone who did that meta every day since release (for about 7 years) and got about 2 gold (exaggerated imo) from each meta would have grinded about 5010g and right now would be just barely over the half gold needed and would still need 7 more years to get all the gold needed considering I just checked the price of the chak infusion and it is 9800 gold right now. You are basically saying that someone should do that meta daily for 14 years in order to get the infusion.

The 2 gold isn't exaggerated, meta and 8 crystalline catches (behind the wall) is ~2g85s. And it was probably more, since amalgamated alone costs ~70 silver now, until 2019 it was ~1g and 70 silver or more. So correct your math and consider that players can easly do more than just log in for a 15 minute event -right off the bat, the 3 easy dailies give you at least 2 gold, more if it's mystic coin which for quite some time was another 2gold. So....

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 3

54 minutes ago, Cuks.8241 said:

If I'm reading this correct, according to [fast], Chak gerent meta, 100% participation, only 8 caches at the end gives on average 2.86 g. And you will open more caches, so you will get more than that.

While I think rare drops are good for the game, personally I dont really care if they give you all the shiny infusions as tonics as long as I can turn all those effects off on my screen. 

Even at that sum a player could have done the meta daily since it was released 7 years ago and he wouldnt have enough gold from that to buy the infusion (which dropped in price as it actually used to be sold for even 30k gold)

• Like 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1