Pure OW PvE idea for legendary armor

Solvar.7953

1 minute ago, CrashTestAuto.9108 said:

Cool, so how would you feel about just removing the Legendary Armour from all modes, and having exotic stat swapping instead?  It's "good enough", right?

Or do you just specifically want Open World players to be treated lesser, for some reason?

I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

9 minutes ago, CrashTestAuto.9108 said:

Except I just quoted you saying you mostly play WvW, Fractals, Strikes, and the DE Meta.  Obviously this isn't a mode you primarily run, and therefore it makes complete sense you wouldn't use stat switching often in it.  Maybe you should let people who primarily play Open World be the ones who determine how useful it is?

Last time I checked the DE meta was open world content. And the whole quote was that I currently play WvW fractals and so on. When there is new open world content I will play this content. 
But okay, then tell me how often you have to switch builds in open world. 

Edited by yoni.7015
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Ashen.2907 said:

DE meta is open world PvE. You literally quoted him as saying that OW PvE is on his primary play list.

Does DE need more rewards ? Isn't the 2nd or 3rd most profitable area ?

Like Crash proposed in the past , the armor could be used in under-used areas , like Orr

Edited by Woof.8246
  • Like 1
  • Confused 3

2 minutes ago, CrashTestAuto.9108 said:

Or do you just specifically want Open World players to be treated lesser, for some reason?

All players are provided with the exact same opportunities to get Legendaries. Choosing to not partake of an opportunity is not being treated lesser.

• Like 5
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Woof.8246 said:

People are free to choose Exotic vs  2000gold Armor .

Yeah they are. Rigth now.

But instead of that, they choose the first option: come to the forum and complain about it being too hard or too long, so give me easier/faster way. Want to be "full leggy", play mnore of the game's content. Don't want to? That's perfectly fine, you chose your exotic/ascended tiers.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

6 minutes ago, CrashTestAuto.9108 said:

Cool, so how would you feel about just removing the Legendary Armour from all modes, and having exotic stat swapping instead?  It's "good enough", right?

I like how after agreeing it's an optional long term goal, you instantly went into "either I get it my way or it has no reason to be in the game at all" 🤦‍♂️

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 2

1 minute ago, Sobx.1758 said:

But instead of that, they choose the first option: come to the forum and complain about it being too hard or too long, so give me easier/faster way. Want to be "full leggy", play mnore of the game's content. Don't want to? That's perfectly fine, you chose your exotic/ascended tiers.

Seriously is it cognitive dissonance?  Are people so attached to the idea that they're really elite to do raids that they can't comprehend "I want content that I don't find boring"?

No one has said "easier" or "faster".  This has been point blank refuted multiple times.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 5

5 minutes ago, CrashTestAuto.9108 said:

Seriously is it cognitive dissonance?  Are people so attached to the idea that they're really elite to do raids that they can't comprehend "I want content that I don't find boring"?

No one has said "easier" or "faster".  This has been point blank refuted multiple times.

And you can play any content you want using exotice/ascended. For the hundredth time, what's the issue here? If you want to get legendaries, they're already obtainable through pve/wvw/pvp, so you're free to make your choice.

And I don't know where you get that "elite" part from, it seems the only people seeing it as such an elite content are the ones speaking against it or the ones simply trying to bait for easier/faster rewards.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 2
  • Confused 2

6 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

People who complain about stuff being too hard to get are always laughed at. Like the skyscale threads, for example. Most players play OW mostly, I don't see an issue with adding legendary armor for it, as long as it's grindy and takes a long amount of time to get. Like people say, legendary armor isn't for everyone which is why, if it were to be added to OW, it should be hard and time-consuming to get.

I don't see the problem with this, each player can get a legendary armor set for playing the gamemode they like, be it OW, PvP, or WvW, it revitalizes the economy, and encourages people to do dead metas, along with giving players more content and a long term goal.

It wouldn't harm anyone, people are just gatekeeping for some reason.

Edited by Caliboom.3218
  • Like 3
  • Confused 5

5 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

And you can play any content you want using exotice/ascended. For the hundredth time, what's the issue here? If you want to get legendaries, they're already obtainable through pve/wvw/pvp, so you're free to make your choice.

People want a long term goal, something to achieve after putting enough time and effort into it while also enjoying it, most people don't like playing wvw/pvp/raids, and I'm sure a lot of people would want to grind for an OW legendary armor set, either to be able to experiment new builds for fun, bragging rights, or to get a fancy-looking new armor.

Edited by Caliboom.3218
  • Like 3
  • Confused 5

Of course it is.  But it's one single meta in one single map, and listed last.  Why on Earth would this qualify someone to determine if stat swapping is useful in Open World?  Of course if you do the same thing over and over and that's it you don't need stat swapping (even though it actually is useful in DE meta...)

Its on his list of primary areas of play. The fact that it is the last in a single sentence is irrelevant to that point. 

It is open world. Sure it is a single meta, but that meta takes longer than any of the world bosses, longer than several of them put together, that the OP suggests be the required content for legendary armor.

In terms of qualifications to determine if stat swapping is useful in the open world.....do you think that he has never played OW (other than DE meta) because his current focus is elsewhere? How likely is it, in your opinion, that he got to the final (to date) meta in the game without playing any OW PvE? 

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Caliboom.3218 said:

People who complain about stuff being too hard to get are always laughed at. Like the skyscale threads, for example. Most players play OW mostly, I don't see an issue with adding legendary armor for it, as long as it's grindy and takes a long amount of time to get. Like people say, legendary armor isn't for everyone which is why, if it were to be added to OW, it should be hard and time-consuming to get.

I don't see the problem with this, each player can get a legendary armor set for playing the gamemode they like, be it OW, PvP, or WvW, it revitalizes the economy, and encourages people to do dead metas, along with giving players more content and a long term goal.

It wouldn't harm anyone, people are just gatekeeping for some reason.

OP of this thread literally says he could get what he wants from wvw, but it takes too long so he won't. (...while at the same time he claims he wants that long term goal btw)

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 3
  • Confused 2

1 minute ago, Ashen.2907 said:

Its on his list of primary areas of play. The fact that it is the last in a single sentence is irrelevant to that point. 

It is open world. Sure it is a single meta, but that meta takes longer than any of the world bosses, longer than several of them put together, that the OP suggests be the required content for legendary armor.

In terms of qualifications to determine if stat swapping is useful in the open world.....do you think that he has never played OW (other than DE meta) because his current focus is elsewhere? How likely is it, in your opinion, that he got to the final (to date) meta in the game without playing any OW PvE? 

Playing open world PvE in a way that makes stat swapping relevant?  No idea.  But given they're claiming that stat swapping is not a thing Open World players do, not much.

• Like 2
  • Confused 4

1 minute ago, Sobx.1758 said:

OP of this thread literally says he could get what he wants from wvw, but it takes too long so he won't. (...while at the same time he claims he wants that long term goal btw)

He probably worded it incorrectly, it's sorta his fault. Like I mentioned earlier, most people do not like WvW, but a lot of people would want a long term goal with lots of grinding to get the armor set in OW.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

7 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

And I don't know where you get that "elite" part from, it seems the only people seeing it as such an elite content are the ones speaking against it or the ones simply trying to bait for easier/faster rewards.

The elite part is the only explanation I can think of for why someone would hear "I want rewards for content that isn't boring" and hear "I want rewards for content that is fast/easy".

I genuinely can't think of another reason someone would make that switch in their head that isn't unwarranted elitism.

Obviously I'm speculating, and could be wrong, but it's such a consistent occurrence that it requires explanation.

• Like 1
  • Confused 4

15 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

The problem is that people come in the forums to ask something and then , they can make a decision to make it not .

Edited by Woof.8246
  • Like 1
  • Confused 3

1 minute ago, Caliboom.3218 said:

He probably worded it incorrectly, it's sorta his fault. Like I mentioned earlier, most people do not like WvW, but a lot of people would want a long term goal with lots of grinding to get the armor set in OW.

Exactly.  WvW is very, very easy to get legendary armour in.  It's just not the thing Open World players want to do 15 hours a week for six months...

• Like 3
  • Confused 3

The elite part is the only explanation I can think of for why someone would hear "I want rewards for content that isn't boring" and hear "I want rewards for content that is fast/easy".

I genuinely can't think of another reason someone would make that switch in their head that isn't unwarranted elitism.

Obviously I'm speculating, and could be wrong, but it's such a consistent occurrence that it requires explanation.

It's very clearly not the only explanation if only you read (or remember what you've read) the posts in this thread. But you dodge those and come back to "elitists!" type of responce instead.

No need to speculate, all you need to do is stop avoiding what is written in the posts above.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2