Pure OW PvE idea for legendary armor

Solvar.7953

2 hours ago, Bear.9568 said:

Legendary gear is for those who play different content so we can swap builds depending on roles. It's not for casuals who spam 1111111 on world bosses. You can do that with exotic gear and reap the same rewards.

My advice is to play the game, stop suggesting top tier rewards be nerfed to casual level. Earn it just like the rest of us have and you'll be a better player and make some friends along the way.

1 hour ago, yoni.7015 said:

So maybe it is not about where legendary armor is needed but where it is useful. 

Last time I checked the DE meta was open world content.

I have 2 sets of Legendary armors. 1 from raids and 1 from WvW. So you can essentially say I had earned it "just like the rest of us have". I do DE Meta almost daily for antique summoning stones and for the very profitable events. And Legendary armors are extremely useful for me there. DPS build for the pre-events (fast kills = more gold) and Alac build (always needed to fill) for the Temple fights. And use them for Daily Strikes, which I usually do right after. Switch builds depending on what is required: Quick, Alac or DPS. Yes, they are very useful for OW PvE.

So, why support OW Legendary armors? Because I don't see anything negative impacting my already earned rewards for all my grindings. And I believe the game should be fun and inclusive. Also, I know of too many guildies who are reluctant to do WvW, PvP or Raids for various reasons. Some of them have been playing far longer than I have and do deserve the opportunity to gain the ultimate armor sets in game modes they are comfortable with.

1 hour ago, Bear.9568 said:

Legendary armor is the top tier reward in the game. It's what every mid/late game player strives to obtain. You simply can't nerf the reward to make it easier to obtain. There's already various ways to get the armor and I would suggest you put your energy there instead of here.

It's like you people don't even play the game. The reward is legendary armor.

Having an OW option that is sufficiently difficult to obtain will still make it Legendary. An extra way to obtain them is not going to diminish anyone's efforts that they had already put in the time to gain theirs.

Oh don’t get your hopes up. We have seen these threads before. They have a lot of visibility and many posts, then they get closed and nothing changes. 

Yes, we have seen it again and again. And it'll keep appearing as long as there are lots of players who are interested in seeing this option. It may not change now but Anet is not blind to the repeated requests by so many.

Edited by Silent.6137
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 4

2 minutes ago, tim.8632 said:

well, been bouncing around in my head for a few months and figured I'd put out there.

that OK?

Why did something so trivial (when "you have everything you need ingame") bounce in your head for few months?

And why still avoiding "I'd say it's PVE, PVP and WvW serving the purpose of this game's OW pvp, which is PVE/PVP mix." part?

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

4 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Believable 😄 So just a quick reminder that you've missed a post:

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/topic/121410-there-are-more-than-three-game-modes/page/2/#comment-1756140

Actually it's making a similar point you've mostly ignored that "things can almsot always be further divided into smaller parts". Why do you stop at OW and not on Mob Killing, JP, Races (divide those into OW/instanced and mount-specific ones too), crafting (divide into disciplines), gathering (also) and so on?

mainly because I see three modes as not enough and 4 about right without going off the rails with 23874568 game modes.

let's call open world\environment anything that happens on open world PvE maps.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, tim.8632 said:

mainly because I see three modes as not enough and 4 about right without going off the rails with 23874568 game modes.

Ok, meanwhile a lot of people see the 3 gamemodes as enough without going off the rails with more than that. You get that's the same reasoning?

let's call open world\environment anything that happens on open world PvE maps.

Why? In PvE you're just fighting vs AI opponents ("environment"). That's about it. Suddenly you're reinventing a new meaning to the existing term because... Well, because what?

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 2
  • Confused 2

Just now, Silent.6137 said:

I have 2 sets of Legendary armors. 1 from raids and 1 from WvW. So you can essentially say I had earned it "just like the rest of us have". I do DE Meta almost daily for antique summoning stones and for the very profitable events. And Legendary armors are extremely useful for me there. DPS build for the pre-events (fast kills = more gold) and Alac build (always needed to fill) for the Temple fights. And use them for Daily Strikes, which I usually do right after. Switch builds depending on what is required: Quick, Alac or DPS. Yes, they are very useful for PvE.

So, why support OW Legendary armors? Because I don't see anything negative impacting my already earned rewards for all my grindings. And I believe the game should be fun and inclusive. Also, I know of too many guildies who are reluctant to do WvW, PvP or Raids for various reasons. Some of them have been playing far longer than I have and do deserve the opportunity to gain the ultimate armor sets in game modes they are comfortable with.

Having an OW option that is sufficiently difficult to obtain will still make it Legendary. An extra way to obtain them is not going to diminish anyone's efforts that they had already put in the time to gain theirs.

Yes, we have seen it again and again. And it'll keep appearing as long as there are lots of players who are interested in seeing this option. It may not change now but Anet are not blind to the repeated requests by so many.

That's nice, I have legendary armor also so look at me. 2/3 legendary backpacks, transcendence, kudzu, the dreamer. Working on Aurora which is arguably the most difficult collection in the game.

I don't have pity or empathy for those who are not willing to achieve the same goals that others had to. Open world is casual and down right EZ. If players want to complain on the forums, so be it. Just don't try to degrade my hard earned legendary gear.

For the record, no one is entitled to legendary armor!

• Like 6
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

Just now, Sobx.1758 said:

Why did something so trivial (when "you have everything you need ingame") bounce in your head for few months?

And why still avoiding "I'd say it's PVE, PVP and WvW serving the purpose of this game's OW pvp, which is PVE/PVP mix." part?

good question!

I see the "leggy PvE" pop up here on occasion. 

haven't had much time to play the game lately.

still don't really, that's why I'm here instead of in-game.

seems right to me. if not to you. that's cool.

thanks for keeping this going!

• Like 1
  • Confused 4

1 minute ago, itspomf.9523 said:

Wait, 7!  Raids / Strikes / DRMs!

8?  Because fractals?

Oh dang, hold on, are jumping puzzles a game mode???

someone didn't read the OP. literally everything you just mentioned with the exception of JPs was mentioned there and I added a clarification for them.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 5

5 minutes ago, Bear.9568 said:

I don't have pity or empathy for those who are not willing to achieve the same goals that others had to. Open world is casual and down right EZ. If players want to complain on the forums, so be it. Just don't try to degrade my hard earned legendary gear.

As ever, the WvW and PvP options mean, I'm sorry to tell you, that your "hard earned legendary armour" doesn't mean anything in terms of difficulty.  I know you want it to have that meaning.  I even empathise with it.  But it just isn't the case.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 5

12 minutes ago, Bear.9568 said:

That's nice, I have legendary armor also so look at me. 2/3 legendary backpacks, transcendence, kudzu, the dreamer. Working on Aurora which is arguably the most difficult collection in the game.

How many times do people have to repeat this, it doesn't have to be easy, no one is being harmed by giving OW players a chance to get it, and your efforts aren't being negated, because they'd still have to work to get it.

Edited by Caliboom.3218
  • Like 1
  • Confused 5

4 minutes ago, Warscythes.9307 said:

That somebody think there's 4 game modes? Why is that even a big deal?

Because that distinction between OW and instanced type of PvE is quite important to a lot of GW2 players. Remember, that most players do not play instanced PvE and thus having that submode be representative of the whole PvE becomes a problem.

Imagine, if Anet decided that roaming is the representative of WvW, and started to completely ignore ZvZ, even though the latter is far more prelevant than the former. Or insisted that GvG is all there is to WvW. Don't you think some (a lot of) players would end up annoyed at best, angry at worst about it?

4 minutes ago, Warscythes.9307 said:

Cause from what I can tell literally nobody is agreeing with you so far.

I wouldn't be so sure of that. This is a discussion that goes back to early years of the game. And it's going nowadays the same way it went originally - with primarily casual OW players (the ones that suffer due to the current official division of modes) bringing it up frequently, and then getting shouted down by instanced content players (the ones benefitting from the situation), which are usually responding by claiming to not even see an issue at all and often attempting to ridicule the ones bringing that up.

And since the situation does not change, and the reasons behind that argument do not change, it will keep coming back. With exactly the same negative responses, mostly from the very same few players.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 5

8 minutes ago, tim.8632 said:

good question!

I see the "leggy PvE" pop up here on occasion. 

haven't had much time to play the game lately.

still don't really, that's why I'm here instead of in-game.

seems right to me. if not to you. that's cool.

So, as I already said on the previous page: It's not about how much you someone cares about specific distinction of the modes. It's simply to leverage easier/faster rewards wherever you they want them.

This is the only context you or anyone mentioning it cares about. "I want another reward here and not there, so lets just keep splitting the gamemodes into smaller parts and claim I'm neglected by the devs" 🤷‍♂️

8 minutes ago, tim.8632 said:

thanks for keeping this going!

No problem, I have no issues with presenting clashing opinions while argumenting why a>b.

(and as a side-note, I also already know that -lately popular on this forum- "if you voice your disagreeing with me, you're only helping me to make the thread visible" tactic 😄 At this point might as well stop repeating it, since it clearly doesn't work)

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 4
  • Confused 3

16 minutes ago, Sigmoid.7082 said:

For how often this topic comes up, how often these threads get merged , and how we know they read the forums you seriously think they haven't come across this topic and convo before?

Like I said. couldn't find one about 4 game modes. if you have a link, I'd love to read it.

• Like 2
  • Confused 4

1 minute ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

Because that distinction between OW and instanced type of PvE is quite important to a lot of GW2 players. Remember, that most players do not play instanced PvE and thus having that submode be representative of the whole PvE becomes a problem.

The distinction doesn’t actually matter that much.
Instanced PvE is not representative of the whole PvE. Open world is the aspect of the game that gets the most attention and new content. For the PvE armor (that some falsely call raid armor) you have to do quite a lot of open world content. 

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

So, as I already said on the previous page: It's not about how much you someone cares about specific distinction of the modes. It's simply to leverage easier/faster rewards wherever you they want them.

I have no doubt some want that.

I'm willing to wager that a lot of people would welcome a challenging - VERY challenging,  more so than the other sets - just to play the game mode they like the best to obtain it... I would.

do you think each current set should be obtained exclusively on the mode they come from? I do.

• Like 2
  • Confused 5

2 minutes ago, tim.8632 said:

I have no doubt some want that.

I'm willing to wager that a lot of people would welcome a challenging - VERY challenging,  more so than the other sets - just to play the game mode they like the best to obtain it... I would.

do you think each current set should be obtained exclusively on the mode they come from? I do.

Ah so you just came from that thread to this one to keep talking about what that thread is about.

So subtle 😉

Yes, I think sets should be acquired from PVE, WVW and PVP. And they are.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 3
  • Confused 3

7 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

(and as a side-note, I also already know that -lately popular on this forum- "if you voice your disagreeing with me, you're only helping me to make the thread visible" tactic 😄 At this point might as well stop repetaing it, since it clearly doesn't work)

well, I've not seen this topic put the way I did, so maybe the mod\devs will like what and how I said it. 

or not. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 3

1 hour ago, Woof.8246 said:

Forgive me for my broken English , but i mean that just like OW player  should go in other areas , if we implant a OW set people that play WvW + PvP will go for the OW set .

Just like yourself who has all the gear , from every mode

Well wvw and pvp players already have to do open world for all the weapons ( unless they buy gen 1 or 3 from tp and lets face it to buy that they have to get gold from open world since their own modes dont award much) and both earings so yea they got plenty of legendaries tied to purely open world to go for already.

Isn't there a problem when in WvW , you can get it by afking ?

Please go into wvw and afk for a week and see how much progress you made to your legendary precoursor ascended.

Hint it is zero since afking get you kicked and participatrion nulled.

• Like 3

How exactly does it diminish your efforts? You've earned the rights to wear them. How will someone else getting a set devalue yours?

As has been repeated over and over and over again by so many in this thread, the process for this alternative option can be made just as tough to obtain.

"For the record, no one is entitled to legendary armor!" What are you even trying to say here? That you're not entitled to them either?

Edited by Silent.6137
  • Like 3
  • Confused 3

2 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Ah so you just came from that thread to this one to keep talking about what that thread is about.

So subtle 😉

Yes, I think sets should be acquired from PVE, WVW and PVP. And they are.

nope. that thread was about leggy armor. this one started as a three vs. four game modes. I try to keep it on topic, but we all know how things go off the rails here.

in hindsight I should have left out that I think there should be leggy armor for PvE. my bad.

• Like 1
  • Confused 4

nope. that thread was about leggy armor. this one started as a three vs. four game modes. I try to keep it on topic, but we all know how things go off the rails here.

Ok and you did nothing to somehow refute the existance of 3 gamemodes. You also said that the reason "it was in your head for months" were those threads. You also never explained why it would make any difference for you if it's not about those threads/rewards. Overally for now it's pretty clear just about that. Or did I miss something here?

in hindsight I should have left out that I think there should be leggy armor for PvE. my bad.

Even moreso when there already is one.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

Not exactly true , because there are suckers that goes for the Legendary Weapons each time , to unlock the skins .

And the majority will surely strive towards the Raid one , if they are Charr Males especially

What legendary weapon for charr males get therir precursor rewared in raids I must have missed something.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Ok and you did nothing to somehow refute the existence of 3 game modes. You also said that the reason "it was in your head for months" were those threads. You also never explained why it would make any difference for you if it's not about those threads/rewards. Overall for now it's pretty clear just about that. Or did I miss something here?

Of course there are three game modes. I'm saying one needs to be split... like PvP - instanced\competitive and WvW - open world\competitive. I've not seen anyone mention a 4th. Oh, people bounce around it, but it's never mentioned. 

why does it have to make a difference to me? I'm not a narcissist.

5 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Even moreso when there already is one.

agreed. my bad.

• Confused 3