Pure OW PvE idea for legendary armor

Solvar.7953

4 minutes ago, CrashTestAuto.9108 said:

I'm honestly not trying to be snarky here, but the things you're saying don't seem to align to the quote you listed, so I feel like I'm missing something.  The quote doesn't reference a long time, or scheduling (which is a genuine issue) - so I'm not sure how to understand your response in context?

What you don't understand is which post of yours I've quoted. To see the context of your post I've quoted there, click on the arrow in the top right corner of that quote. It was you saying you never saw anyone saying anything about quitting the game.

In case you don't see the arrow, it would lead you here: https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/topic/121270-pure-pve-idea-for-legendary-armor/page/4/#comment-1754109

I also wrote about the scheduling in the later edit (which didn't even make to your quote, since you've probably started responding before I edited it in), but what you've quoted indeed had nothing to do with it. It had everything to do with your post I actually quoted there.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 2
  • Confused 2

26 minutes ago, CrashTestAuto.9108 said:

So that's also my theory, but I'm still curious as to the "why"?  That's a lot of effort just to stop other people enjoying a game.  If they want GW2 to succeed, it's against their interests (unless they'd playing 4D chess and just trying to keep these threads visible), and if they want it to fail, that's a bizarre way to choose to spend your free time.

That is an accusation, and an entitlement that you are representing the majority of people and the success of the game, all of which are solely based on your own selfish interest, not others.

There are so many wrongs in your previous judgement of game modes and suggestion of wrong doings (AFK in WvW and PvP matches, seriously?) that players who truly participate these modes will find offensive.

Most important of all, there's no point to necro a series of a very tired topic that had been locked least 3 times while bringing no new points to make, constantly bumping it up while expecting a positive response.

Edited by Vilin.8056
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 6

30 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Probably because the complaint about "needing to schedule" is a false reasoning. There's no need to schedule some stable specific times to participate. Even OP (quote above) tried to say he can't schedule and yet... he claims he already participated in raids. If he needs to schedule for them, but can't, but still participated in them... I mean... must be magic.

It's around two hours minimum, with nine other people, where you can't easily stop what you're doing.  Even assuming the groups are available at the exact time you want to play, and with the exact role gap you want to play, and will accept whatever level experience you have, that definitely requires some degree of scheduling.

It isn't about stable times, it's about having the right group, with the right gap, at the time you happen to be available.  If you're new to the content, that's a pretty steep cliff to climb, and if you don't even want to play that content in the first place, it's pretty off-putting.

• Like 2
  • Confused 8

8 minutes ago, CrashTestAuto.9108 said:

It's around two hours minimum, with nine other people, where you can't easily stop what you're doing.  Even assuming the groups are available at the exact time you want to play, and with the exact role gap you want to play, and will accept whatever level experience you have, that definitely requires some degree of scheduling.

It isn't about stable times, it's about having the right group, with the right gap, at the time you happen to be available.  If you're new to the content, that's a pretty steep cliff to climb, and if you don't even want to play that content in the first place, it's pretty off-putting.

Two hours minimum for what? To kill a boss? Or are you trying to claim that once you get into a group you can't stop? Spoiler alert: nobody cares if you can only kill one, two or however many bosses. You kill a boss, you say ty, gl ,bb (optionally mention your role to be extra nice to make filling up your spot slightly easier for commie) and the group fills up your space rather fast. You don't need scheduling or anywhere near 2 hours per sitting to participate in that content. The only people who try claiming they do are the ones that... well, never did particiapate.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 4
  • Confused 2

5 minutes ago, Vilin.8056 said:

There are so many wrongs in your previous judgement of game modes and suggestion of wrong doings (AFK in WvW and PvP matches, seriously?) that players who truly participate these modes will find offensive.

If you've spent any time in the PvP or WvW forums, or either of those modes, you'll see that plenty of the players who "truly participate" in them are well aware that there are AFKers.  In PvP it's a massive, massive issue.  Why on Earth would they be offended?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 6
  • Sad 1

Just now, Sobx.1758 said:

Two hours minimum for what? To kill a boss?

That's fairly variable dependent, but I was going with clear a wing with a training group.

If you look to go boss by boss, obviously the time commitment is lower, but then you have the issue of finding a training group for the specific boss you want, again at the time you are free to do it.

• Like 1
  • Confused 8

50 minutes ago, CrashTestAuto.9108 said:

That's fairly variable dependent, but I was going with clear a wing with a training group.

If you look to go boss by boss, obviously the time commitment is lower, but then you have the issue of finding a training group for the specific boss you want, again at the time you are free to do it.

You don't need to "clear a wing" per one sitting. You're perfectly fine with training for a single boss or clearing as many bosses as you can/want. Your self-made time constraints have nothing to do with reality. Hence: false reasoning.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 9
  • Confused 2

44 minutes ago, CrashTestAuto.9108 said:

Guess I'll do the FTFY this time...

Again, why are people here if they don't care about Open World and also don't read anything anyone says?

So you want excitement? And the solution is to have a system to grind the same 5 world bosses thousands of times?

Thrilling

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 3

1 minute ago, Sobx.1758 said:

You don't need to "clear a wing" per one sitting. You're perfectly fine with training for a single boss or clearing as many bosses as you can/want. Your self-made time constrains have nothing to do with reality. Hence: false reasoning.

What do you mean I'm perfectly fine training a single boss or clearing as many bosses as I can/want?  That entirely depends on the groups available and the slots available within them.

The player base is reasonably big, and there are a reasonable amount of training guilds, but the idea that you can just waltz into a training mode for whatever you want, at whatever time you want, for as long as you want, is just not true (and even if it is, somehow, that is not the perception that is given the majority of players, which makes this not a good advert for raids or the game).

And again, these are hurdles into content that a lot of players don't even want to play.

• Like 2
  • Confused 6

3 minutes ago, disco.9302 said:

So you want excitement? And the solution is to have a system to grind the same 5 world bosses thousands of times?

Thrilling

Did I say I wanted excitement?  It's odd that you quoted me saying "why are people here if they don't care about Open World and also don't read anything anyone says?" and then responded to something I didn't say.

I want to play content I enjoy.  Open World, broadly, is enjoyable.

• Like 4
  • Confused 6

11 minutes ago, CrashTestAuto.9108 said:

What do you mean I'm perfectly fine training a single boss or clearing as many bosses as I can/want?  That entirely depends on the groups available and the slots available within them.

Did you forget what the context of this comment chain is? Scheduling and time constraints. I'm surprised this is somehow hard to understand, but to put it in different words: you are free to participate for however long you want/can.

The player base is reasonably big, and there are a reasonable amount of training guilds, but the idea that you can just waltz into a training mode for whatever you want, at whatever time you want, for as long as you want, is just not true (and even if it is, somehow, that is not the perception that is given the majority of players, which makes this not a good advert for raids or the game).

I'm not even talking about training guilds, I've literally started raiding with random lfg training groups. No scheduling needed. Do whatever you want, open lfg from time to time and join what you can/want. Then it just snowballs since the more you can complete and the more you get, the more groups you'll be able to join.

Overally: been there, done that, no scheduling, no guilds needed. They sure are an option though. 🤷‍♂️

And again, these are hurdles into content that a lot of players don't even want to play.

Then don't, slap world bosses (or whatever those hypothetical players want to do) in exotics, test builds in exotics, if you like a build, go for ascended gear (or don't, exotics ARE perfectly fine and a valid way to play the OW content), farm up gold, gems and so on. Just to give you the example of "I don't have too much time to play, but want a long term goal" long term goal.

Btw, out of curiosity: did you acknowledge OP saying that he either get a new way or he might as well quit?

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

2 minutes ago, CrashTestAuto.9108 said:

Did I say I wanted excitement?  It's odd that you quoted me saying "why are people here if they don't care about Open World and also don't read anything anyone says?" and then responded to something I didn't say.

I want to play content I enjoy.  Open World, broadly, is enjoyable

You literally changed my quote and substituted "hard" with "boring"...

This implies that you think legendaries are boring to acquire. 

I know it must be hard to keep track of your own comments when you can't stay consistent within one topic. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 3

1 minute ago, disco.9302 said:

You literally changed my quote and substituted "hard" with "boring"...

This implies that you think legendaries are boring to acquire. 

I know it must be hard to keep track of your own comments when you can't stay consistent within one topic. 

I do think legendaries are boring to acquire.  I've said that repeatedly.  You assume the only alternative is "exciting", which is false.

• Like 4
  • Confused 5

I do think legendaries are boring to acquire.  I've said that repeatedly.  You assume the only alternative is "exciting", which is false.

Pretty sure whether you use "exciting" or "interesting" there, the point from his post remains the same, doesn't it?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

1 minute ago, CrashTestAuto.9108 said:

If you think it's boring, what would you like to see that is also not more exciting? Try picking something that isn't a synonym for "exciting"

• Like 5
  • Confused 1

11 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Did you forget what the context of this comment chain is? Scheduling and time constraints. I'm surprised this is somehow hard to understand, but to put it in different words: you are free to participate for however long you want/can.

I'm not even talking about training guilds, I've literally started raiding with random lfg training groups. No scheduling needed. Do whatever you want, open lfg from time to time and join what you can/want. Then it just snowballs since the more you can complete and the more you get, the more groups you'll be able to join.

Overally: been there, done that, no scheduling, no guilds needed. They sure are an option though. 🤷‍♂️

Then don't, slap world bosses (or whatever those hypothetical players want to do) in exotics, test builds in exotics, if you like a build, go for ascended gear, farm up gold, gems and so on. Just to give you the example of "I don't have too much time to play, but want a long term goal" long term goal.

Btw, out of curiosity: did you acknowledge OP saying that he either get a new way or he might as well quit?

Okay the quote splitting is helpful, but just a bit tiring to manage.  So I'll respond in one.

I'm glad you had a good experience.  I do not think that is universal.  Most LFGs require KPs, and even pugging normal mode strikes is a bit of a gamble.

I'm not sure what the OP said exactly (by all means quote it and I'll comment).

• Like 3
  • Confused 5

28 minutes ago, CrashTestAuto.9108 said:

2 hours in Raid? I guess the Commander really wants to teach people each boss.

• Haha 6
  • Confused 1

10 minutes ago, CrashTestAuto.9108 said:

Okay the quote splitting is helpful, but just a bit tiring to manage.  So I'll respond in one.

I'm glad you had a good experience.  I do not think that is universal.  Most LFGs require KPs, and even pugging normal mode strikes is a bit of a gamble.

I know "most lfgs requires kp", but that doesn't change anything from what I said in my post.

10 minutes ago, CrashTestAuto.9108 said:

I'm not sure what the OP said exactly (by all means quote it and I'll comment).

What OP said is quoted here: https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/topic/121270-pure-pve-idea-for-legendary-armor/page/8/#comment-1755099

And explained here when you missed it the first time: https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/topic/121270-pure-pve-idea-for-legendary-armor/page/9/#comment-1755118

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 4
  • Confused 2

Open World.  It's "relaxing" and "fun".

Fun and exciting are the same thing, they are in fact, synonyms. 

You would rather try to change the basic meanings of words of the English language than admit you're wrong.

I expected no less.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 6
  • Confused 7