Devil-Rending Greataxe Hammer Skin

3 hours ago, The Greyhawk.9107 said:

No, nothing in any preview type screens, including the one in the Hero window.  As I said earlier when I can be bothered I'll restart my computer, which admittedly has been on for a couple of days, and see if that changes anything.

Do you have a wierd resolution?

Try 2560 or 1920 x 1440 for example and see if the issue get fixed.

On 9/13/2022 at 4:38 PM, crepuscular.9047 said:

what a sad day for barbarian mains, first they don't get dual wield great swords for Berserker, now Anet killed off any future for great axe 😢

I'm a Berserker (how dare you) but... I bought the skin anyway. It's cool and I can cosplay as a Greataxe warrior like I've always wanted. 

Honestly if hammer got a rework to be viable it would be fine, but boy is that F1 clunky. 

12 minutes ago, Stadsport.8714 said:

I'm a Berserker (how dare you) but... I bought the skin anyway. It's cool and I can cosplay as a Greataxe warrior like I've always wanted. 

Honestly if hammer got a rework to be viable it would be fine, but boy is that F1 clunky. 

I think they reworked it on spellbraker.

Edited by Linken.6345

13 hours ago, The Greyhawk.9107 said:

Blank.  Same problem with my Hero screen.  When I can be bothered I'll try again after restarting my computer, not in a hurry at the moment.

Check the Bugs forum 🙂  The solution is to turn off dpi scaling in your graphics options.  This of course makes everything very tiny if you have a high res screen, but it's a quick enough toggle to cut it off when you want to preview, turn it back on when you want to fight or chat.

I don't know what alt will use the new hammer-that-is-an-axe, but I'm going to find someone who will because it's really lovely.  I will probably wait until I can preview in a larger scale, though, it's been hurting my eyes trying to dye the new turtle on a few alts.

On 9/13/2022 at 6:11 PM, Gibson.4036 said:

You clearly expect some simulationist reflection of real medieval weapons, while I expect to play a gonzo fantasy smashing things with my short cartoon animated goblin.

Its all about perspective.

Although my biggest complaint is that so many of the heads are overdesigned, and don’t even look like hammers.

Nah, as much as I would like more options that are closer to realistic in size I do not begrudge the existence of those over the top anime inspired weapons that many others (including myself sometimes) seem to like. I was just responding to the "small heads" bit because small is a relative term and without any other point of reference for the term reality seemed the only remaining option. I do apologize if my post came across as hostile as that was not my intent.

23 minutes ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

I would have bought it, but I am not a fan of Bloodstone weapons, and it does look like one.

🤞 for more Greataxe skins in the future!

I am seriously considering buying it just so that ANet's metrics show it as profitable, perhaps leading to more in the future.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Linken.6345 said:

Do you have a wierd resolution?

Try 2560 or 1920 x 1440 for example and see if the issue get fixed.

11 hours ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

Or try DX9, or turning off DPI scaling. There's some threads in 'Bugs' about the Hero Panel and Previews being borked. 

Resolution didn't change anything (was already at 2560), turning off DPI did work, but YIKES. Switching to Dx9 also worked, so I'll stick to that for a little while. In hindsight this problem does seem to coincide with Tuesday's update so it's likely a recent bug.  Thanks for helping me out.