Taking hits in the middle of dodge roll

Bear on the job.6273

I did notice the delayed responses when trying to activate skills, and being cc'd in the middle of evades or taking condi damage while pulsing resistance. Other problems I have experienced include rushing in a different direction and striking at the wind all the while I have retained the target, target seams constantly displaced, not being able to follow the target, attacking at targets that are not there anymore etc. It all contributes to skill lag and high ping. The solution is simple, we need servers posted in strategic places around the globe, this will connect everyone equally and reduce ping to a minimum. Personally I am willing to pay a monthly subscription if it meant reducing ping to less than 21ms and abolishing skill lag or any lag for that matter. Just my 2 cents. :)

@Damocles.4908 said:140 ping is bad??, try with South African internet and then tell me what you believe is bad ping....on a very good day for me is about 234

I've never played below that amount. It's mind blowing to think how much better we high ping warriors would perform if we were as lucky as these 10-30 ping kids.

@Razor.6392 said:

@Damocles.4908 said:140 ping is bad??, try with South African internet and then tell me what you believe is bad ping....on a very good day for me is about 234

I've never played below that amount. It's mind blowing to think how much better we high ping warriors would perform if we were as lucky as these 10-30 ping kids.

Nothing like using GS3 and spinning in place.

• 1 month later...

@Razor.6392 said:

10-30 ping kids? maybe people just pay for better internet then you and assuming most players with a good connection are younger then teens ooooook

@Milkshake.4719 said:

10-30 ping kids? maybe people just pay for better internet then you and assuming most players with a good connection are younger then teens ooooook

This might come off as a shock, but not everyone plays from NA. Ignorance at its finest.

Before I bought the game I didnt know that it would have considerably higher consistant ping than other similar mmos. It's presented quite a.... challenge, most of which i didnt realise before purchase because i thought it was all player error.

I play with 350+ping (aus). Dodging works erratically, when it does at all. Its impossible for me to use any melee weapons on moving targets as even if Ive got my nose pressed between their buttcrack they are still "out of range" until they stop moving. Skills randomly cancel as if targets move through/behind you even when they dont after changing direction. Spotting a telegraphed ability means you already missed the opportunity to time a dodge/block/interrupt. You gotta react before they even decide to press the key.

By comparison when I used to play wow on US servers it was 220-240ms. Games that were hosted on oceanic servers (when that still happened) were less than 50ms. I once got a chance to play some wow on a trip to NA at an internet cafe quite a few years ago. Less than 20ms. It was like playing a different game. It was insane. If you've played at 20ms/ping all your life you simply cannot know what its like to try to play with lag. Every time I see one of those threads saying that players with lag are somehow at an advantage and should be banned I feel really embarrassed for the person who wrote it.

@Bear on the job.6273 said:

@MyPuppy.8970 said:So now we need to know enemy ping to know when to dodge :)

Yeah basically

Except if they have really bad ping, you won't be able to dodge at all. It seems that whatever their ping is, you need to dodge that amount of time
before
you would normally dodge. So if they have a ping of 50ms, then you dodge 50 milliseconds before you normally would (which is not really noticeable). But if they have a ping of like 1000ms, you would need to dodge 1 full second before you normally would. And since most attacks are around the 1/2 second mark (500ms), you would basically have to dodge before you see any attack animation. You would have to entirely predict all of your opponents moves.

expect hacks to send packages and try to do some lagswitch on the target...

oh wait... XD

The twist of fate thing happened to me on my stream as well though i think it was basically just a rupt hitting due to high ping. Unless its possible to rupt the dodge before it starts. Also since the moment was a mess of effects i couldnt really recognize afterward whether or not the twist of fate animation was interrupted or not but i couldve sworn it wasnt.

Archived