will Mesmer continue to be useless?

usbvtheknife.1269

On 9/27/2022 at 8:58 PM, Tinkerer.2167 said:

Distortion causes point neutralization, which invalidates the very existence of trying to stay alive for as long as possible on a side node, regardless of 2v1 potential.

Also, in ranked it's a known obvious fact that roaming and bursting is king, so it also further invalidates the premise of this class even being any better than it is now.

Well you've convinced me. Remove all distortion/invulns from Mesmer in PvP because it's useless apparently.

On 9/27/2022 at 8:58 PM, Tinkerer.2167 said:

Finally, virt is for the most part projectile based... Which I think we both know is already useless because Tempest exists. It gets its entire offense shut down by a single spec.

A class counters yours and that negates any argument that your class is overtuned? God forbid Tempest ever fall out of meta. That will never happen though right?

What a hilariously short-sighted and biased PoV you have.

Edited by bethekey.8314
  • Like 1

mesmer's problem same as warrior

can't land damage, can't confirm kills

but also the reason these two of my favorite classes

because the skills are actually react-able, fun to play and to play against ( obviously talking about power mesmer here)

rev thief will always be better, because they can confirm kills, even after a million phase traversal nerfs

Edited by felix.2386
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, felix.2386 said:

mesmer's problem same as warrior

can't land damage, can't confirm kills

but also the reason these two of my favorite classes

because the skills are actually react-able, fun to play and to play against ( obviously talking about power mesmer here)

rev thief will always be better, because they can confirm kills, even after a million phase traversal nerfs

I would argue that confirming kills is 1 thing mesmer is fairly good, if not one of the best classes at.
Instant damage and teleports, power mirage excels at it.
Mesmers problem is weak sustain, weak sustained dps, and unreliability of its class mechanics.
Lack of boons and any real good cleanse as well.
The thing with mesmer is, if you look at it what boons do you expect them to give themselves?
fury, some vigour and clinical depression.
When you see guardian you expect 12 stacks of might, aegis, swiftness, protection, resolution, fury and a cure for kitten.