Best passive defensive class and build?

Axelteas.7192

I've seen people leave their toons afk near mobs and they never die!

I've tried myself but my health drops antil I die.

They usually are warriors and revenants, althoug necro afk-farmers with minions and carapace also dont die.

Their passive regeneration is so ridiculous and hp and defense so high...

Which stats would be useful for this purpose? soldier?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, phantom.1675 said:

Leaving your character AFK to farm mobs is against TOS (terms of service) so you probably dont want to optimize for doing this.

Its only TOS if you are really afk. If you respond to personal messages you are technically not. 

To add to this you can't really stop this from happening since it rampant in the game. Alot of places I like to stand while I work from home are not dominated by AFK necromancers.

If you want to prevent the worst kept secret, remove the login rewards and put them behind the dailies since that is main culprit I terms of exploit game systems. 

Edited by Mell.4873
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, Mell.4873 said:

Its only TOS if you are really afk. If you respond to personal messages you are technically not. 

To add to this you can't really stop this from happening since it rampant in the game. Alot of places I like to stand while I work from home are not dominated by AFK necromancers.

I'm telling you that i've been farming some stuff with my ranger on my main account using the autocast traps and entering the game so often to check my character, and only doing it for 5 days and Anet banned me 3 days. Just saying

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, Ruisenior.6342 said:

I'm telling you that i've been farming some stuff with my ranger on my main account using the autocast traps and entering the game so often to check my character, and only doing it for 5 days and Anet banned me 3 days. Just saying

Well I have two monitors so play on one and work on the another but saying that I was banned once when I accidentally left my computer on while I slept. 

Passive defense to soak trash mobs vs. passive defense to actually clear hard content are two very different things.

There was a time when you could kill the afk revs by giving them Might stacks since it would cause their self-inflicted Torment to exceed their passive healing.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Axelteas.7192 said:

I've seen people leave their toons afk near mobs and they never die!

I've tried myself but my health drops antil I die.

They usually are warriors and revenants, althoug necro afk-farmers with minions and carapace also dont die.

Their passive regeneration is so ridiculous and hp and defense so high...

Which stats would be useful for this purpose? soldier?

Definitely not Soldier's gear, you need some Healing Power for that kind of regeneration. There's a few exceptions like the Revenant's Torment build but they've mostly been nerfed into the ground.

An infamous example is Apothecary Ranger who takes the self+pet health regen signet, the pet health regen trait, and autocasts their Healing Spring, usually with Dolyak runes and Mango Pie. This was the go-to farming build for years since its completely impossible to kill in open-world.

Note that its not legal to AFK farm, you can use tricks like sitting in one spot and autocasting with pet/minion builds but you need to be physically at your computer or you'll get banned when a GM whispers you to see if you're alive. (GMs are invisible, and can be anywhere, even in full parties or squads without invite.)

Edited by Mariyuuna.6508

1 hour ago, Axelteas.7192 said:

I never said in my post that I want a build for afk farming, and the users just projected their subconscious dirty ideas.

I want a build that I can park my toon 2 minutes to answer the phone and dont find my toon dead because somebody pulled a enemy near me.

Skyscale + AFK in the sky

• 1 year later...

I am unsure on the specific professions and builds but:

• Probably Heavy armor for highest passive damage soak
  • Armor and weapon with Prefix's with Toughness and Healing Power on them (maybe Cleric's)
  • Signets for passive reducing incoming damage
  • Signets for passive healing
  • Any traits that will passively apply the Toughness boon and Regeneration boon