Best Race is Norn?

Mic.1897

On 9/30/2022 at 12:59 AM, Demon Pie.2634 said:

Norn are bulky and dumb looking

Charr are hairy and ugly

Asura are tiny and weird

Sylvari look creepy and got too much going on

Thus, Human, by default, becomes the best race. Not because they're best looking but they're the only one that weren't trolled by the art team.

I feel the exact opposite. Humans are the only race that were entirely phoned in by the art team. It’s like they thought,  “humans are boring, let’s get to the interesting stuff” and modeled Barbie and Ken into the game. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

On 9/30/2022 at 2:04 PM, Hashberry.4510 said:

It all tastes good but Norn.

Sylvari Salad - 1 Bottle of Ascalonian Dressing, 1 Sylvari (Male or Female to taste)

Asura Kebobs - 1 Pile of Zesty Herbs, 4 Mushroom, 2 Bell Pepper, 1 Asura (Male or Female to taste)

Charr London Broil - 1 Pile of Salt and Pepper, 1 Mushroom, 1 Onion, 1 Charr (Male or Female to taste)

Human Cordon Bleu - 1 Cheese Wedge, 1 Pile of Salt and Pepper, 1 Slab of Red Meat, 1 Human (Male or Female to taste)

Norn Monster Cheese Burgers - 3 Cheese Wedge, 1 Cayenne Pepper, 1 Norn (Male or Female to taste)

Seems to me that they could all be pretty tasty with the right preparation?  But, that's just me...

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 9/28/2022 at 3:37 AM, Mic.1897 said:

While racial skills don't matter for over 90% of gameplay, sometimes they do.  We've seen Human and Sylvari racials top benchmarks and we've seen Asura babble builds, but at the end of the day I'd say Norn is the best race.

Leopard is just a utility elite that Norn have and other races don't. Bear has uses as well such as heat room.

Thank you for your time and remember- your human female can't become the snow leopard.

Leopard is amazing, but the cooldown on it makes the game really boring. You just have to wait in a keep/tower until it comes back.

short answer  yes

long answer  yes because of all the races the only ones that start at a party and not in a drama are the Norns 

they are explorers and warriors for only the YOLO

when you think of someone semi naked in pvp killing as easy as they breathe the first thing that comes to mind is a Norn

and with all that it seems that anet hates them, look at the representation they give him ...... Brahm🤢

no expansion in which they are the focus (1silvari and 2 human) and the living world only use the Svanir and forget about the true Norns 😞

Of course they are. Charr look stupid with armor, Asura look stupid even without, Sylvari are walking vegetables which leaves Humans and Norn. And Norn are basically heroic scale humans with neat tattoos. This alone is the equivalent of ~1.73k dps and once you turn into an animal not even PETA dares to mess around with you.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

There was a time when human Grenth utility was the BiS utility (for thief and ele, I believe?), but that was more due to a lack of viable utilities during that period.

Personally though, I can't play Norn because their slow motion trot is jarring.

Edited by Westenev.5289

4 minutes ago, Westenev.5289 said:

Personally though, I can't play Norn because their slow motion trot is jarring.

I still won't play Charr because of their slow-motion run. It's got all the energy of Trahearne's speech patterns.

I used to think the same thing about Norn, but I'm finding I don't mind it on my new character. Maybe because I'm playing Mez so there's a lot of blinking around?

Or maybe it's just because everything is mounts now, and my slow-motion run impression was formed really early in the game, pre-mounts. Might mean I could get into a Charr character after all.

Except they look pretty weird on most mounts...

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

Just now, Gibson.4036 said:

I still won't play Charr because of their slow-motion run. It's got all the energy of Trahearne's speech patterns.

I used to think the same thing about Norn, but I'm finding I don't mind it on my new character. Maybe because I'm playing Mez so there's a lot of blinking around?

Or maybe it's just because everything is mounts now, and my slow-motion run impression was formed really early in the game, pre-mounts. Might mean I could get into a Charr character after all.

Except they look pretty weird on most mounts...

I might try to make a Norn if they pull a general Rahdaan (comically tiny horse with a BIG rider). But, for me, a classes animations and how my characters look in combat is a big part of enjoying the game.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Westenev.5289 said:

I might try to make a Norn if they pull a general Rahdaan (comically tiny horse with a BIG rider). But, for me, a classes animations and how my characters look in combat is a big part of enjoying the game.

Totally agree. That's why it took ten years for me to actually make a Norn character and stick with it. Something changed for me, though I don't know exactly what it was.

I do have a plan to eventually get a bobble laboratory to use in combination with my recently aquired Lyssa's regalia on my Norn, for occasional weirdly disturbing visual comedy.

• Confused 2