Buff pistol firing rate

EvilZombie.6801

It's not 1.2s per shot, it's 1.2 shots per sec or ~0.8s per shot. 

It's firing roughly 50% slower than it's supposed to. Per Anets specifications it is supposed to be as fast as the ranger and thief shortbow at 1/2s, guardian scepter etc  *which isnt surprising* given the 900 range and "small" weapon. But it has an activation time as long as the "large" weapons at which are specced at 3/4s  instead.

But no, Anet doesnt want to do that. They never fix that. They make "long requested changes" to EoD classes instead. It's an even greater insult than Purity of Purpose ever was.

Edited by Dawdler.8521
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
15 hours ago, SleepyBat.9034 said:

I recently noticed that Ranger Shortbow auto attack has 0 cast time. I think it'd be nice if Anet did the same for engineer pistol.

Crossfire has an activation time of ~0.55 seconds.
Fragmentation shot is 0.8275s.

Ignore what the tooltip says when it comes to activation times; they're entirely random.

Edited by The Boz.2038

13 hours ago, SleepyBat.9034 said:

I recently noticed that Ranger Shortbow auto attack has 0 cast time. I think it'd be nice if Anet did the same for engineer pistol.

Actual activation time is 0.54 seconds.

As for pistol autoattack, I think they should either bring it closer to 1/2s OR change the tooltip to 3/4s to better reflect the cast/activation time, whichever of these was intended. And that's equally true for every skill in the game, including the above mentioned shortbow aa, as an example.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, Sobx.1758 said:

As for pistol autoattack, I think they should either bring it closer to 1/2s OR change the tooltip to 3/4s to better reflect the cast/activation time, whichever of these was intended. And that's equally true for every skill in the game, including the above mentioned shortbow aa, as an example.

If they keep the slow auto attack and just change the tooltip, then they could at least improve it by upping the bleed a bit and making it AoE on the explosion.

That pistol auo attack is currently one of the worst auto attacks of all. Having some buffs for it would be nice.

21 hours ago, Sobx.1758 said:

It's "intended" to be .5s. One of the common excuses for slow firing rate is "buh buh aftercast!". Well the pistol is not supposed to have an aftercast delay by Anets own definition of the behaviour of single-chained auto-attacks.

Others suggest change to the way it behave (ie AoE bleed, more damage, whatever). I say no to that too. It's meant to be a fast firing weapon, just like the other of it's "small" type (ranger shortbow, thief pistol, guard scepter etc). And that's what it should be. 

But no, Anet had to go OUT OF THEIR WAY just to spite the engineer by making the god kitten *shotgun* the fast firing weapon while keeping the pistol slow.

• Confused 1

Tbh, playing harbinger really hurts my soul, because their pistol feels exactly like engineer pistol should feel.

Fast firing auto attack, fast firing 2 (which is basically the same as engineer pistol 2, but with torment instead of poison and it pierces.... and doesn't spread weirdly)....

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

It's "intended" to be .5s. One of the common excuses for slow firing rate is "buh buh aftercast!". Well the pistol is not supposed to have an aftercast delay by Anets own definition of the behaviour of single-chained auto-attacks.

Others suggest change to the way it behave (ie AoE bleed, more damage, whatever). I say no to that too. It's meant to be a fast firing weapon, just like the other of it's "small" type (ranger shortbow, thief pistol, guard scepter etc). And that's what it should be. 

If you think it was intended to be what the tooltip says (when we know the cast tooltips aren't acurate across the game) then maybe you should start creating threads in bug report subforum. I wouldn't base any "desired playstyle" ideas strictly on the weapon type. As far as we know, weapons in gw2 can do whatever the devs want them to do, so claiming that "it should be fast firing, because a similar weapon of another class does that" isn't necessairly true at all. It sure can be true, but that doesn't seem to be the rule here.

7 hours ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

But no, Anet had to go OUT OF THEIR WAY just to spite the engineer by making the god kitten *shotgun* the fast firing weapon while keeping the pistol slow.

lol, what. Yes, anet totally made the concept of aftercast to spite the class you're playing. And then people want their forum posts to be taken seriously by the devs. 😐 

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 2
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1