Huge lag spikes

Nymthalas.4019

Lately I'm experiencing huge lag spikes like going from normal ping to more than 5k ping when i get close to the fights. Although I see it happen in pvp and even at some strike, the ammount of times it happens in WvW is way higher than this other 2. I've heard some players experiencing the same intermitently, or for some some days lately. Is there a possible solution on client side? or is it a server side affecting random ppl and we can just do nothing and hope "cornerstone" gamemode gets fixed after some weeks of this problem happening?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, kamikharzeeh.8016 said:

maybe anet just testing some things in the background. or your web going nuts. or your PC downloads some updates in the background.

also they had some login issue today, maybe u felt a side effect of that

Everything else works perfect, in fact i can go wvw, but as soon as there starts to be some players lag spikes appear, in pvp is rare but has happened, and pve is super rare but also happened.

I know a few people that has experienced the same, we don't have the same ISP, and its happening mostly in WvW almost not in other gamemodes.

For the time thing, It has been happening for the last weeks, so I don't think is related to todays login sever problems, and for me this last streak of lag spikes has been happening for 3 days now.

7 hours ago, TheGrimm.5624 said:

Is it in WvW in general or around certain groups within WvW?

it has happened with 4 different enemy servers, and although is waaaay rarer it has happened even in pve. Seems that no one is experiencing it in other servers, I'm starting to think that maybe is a problem related to my server.

• Thanks 1

Unplayable for 5 days in a row, to a point in which i cant even leave a WvW map, because the game gets stuck for minutes not doing nothing.

I did check browsing webs and everything is fine, in one ocasion I tried speedtest it was perfect and 7ms latency. And there is more players affected randomly.

So yeah it seems it is related to their servers, and might be AWS as you say.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
On 10/3/2022 at 5:00 PM, Morden Kain.3489 said:

Welcome to the AWS experience.  I do not believe AWS can handle the traffic on their internal networks.  ANet went to AWS several years back when they created the Mega Server for PvE.  Since then, the lag spikes have gotten worse on certain HW that ANet is using verses other AWS servers.

Could be the servers load balancer messing up as well, resources are shared between  servers anyway, if there are something in wvw that requires more power  resources will be taken over from server where load balancer think it is ok .

Add the "soft bottlenecks alike" between server and gw2 client and ur game experience can be kinda messed up.

Sometimes i am stable 120 ping from EU playing in NA but   when theres a bigger fight my ping skyrockects like crazy, sometimes just a blob passing by will reduce alot the FPS and ping will spike over 600, sometimes even 3way fights have 0 ping spike, reason i believe it is the load balancer, sometimes i have no lag nor ping spike and NA players have.

Btw when ur client has to load the massive chunk of boon :P happened 2 or 3 times that outside smc i was taking damage from lord or damage floaters from cleaving players that are fighting at range start to apear on ur combat log i call it residual combat damage that servers lost track of it and decided to give to a random player in the vicinity.

Edit: there are people that changes some regedit options thinking they are improving packages speed but sometimes it makes it worse since they dont know when those edits come handy.

Edited by Aeolus.3615