Ebonhawke desert gate

SPOILERS FOR PATH OF FIRE AND LWS4

Its been five years since PoF, and several years since Kralkatorrik perished, so can we please have the Ebonhawke desert gate opened up as a means to travel to the Crystal Desert without using an airship?

Many of us players prefer land travel, so we can move between maps more naturally.

Edited by Mariyuuna.6508
  • Like 11
  • Confused 4

13 minutes ago, civokenes.3284 said:

I use spearmarshals plea to go to the gryphon sanctuary in Vabi. Entering a PoF map unlocks the waypoint at it's entrance so you can go from vabi to crystal oasis in a few minutes, depending on loading screen.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Spearmarshal's_Plea

IF you are in a guild with WIndsweapt Haven you can use that as well.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Mariyuuna.6508 said:

Many of us players prefer land travel, so we can move between maps more naturally.

I think people are missing the point of the OP. Some people just like to travel by land for whatever reasons. It's not about waypoints, it's about avoiding the use of waypoints for travelling just because they prefer that way of travel. 

You might compare it to air planes versus cars. You can get to faraway places really quickly by air but some prefer the journey and don't need to get there asap, so they take in the scenery while travelling by car.

At least that's what I'm getting from the OP. Besides, why have a portal at all if you're not going to open it? There's more portals like that in the game, like the north side of Brisbane Wildlands. It seems that putting an actual portal in place without actually using it, is odd at least.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

Giving us a path from Ebonhawke to Desert Highlands is perhaps a logical story thing to add (after PoF areas are kind of less dangerous after the PoF and LS4 events, so a "safe travel" for players who finished both chapters would be nice from a lore POV.

If that gate (and the one in Brisbane) was initially designed for additional dungeons (IIRC not all initially planned ones were implemented into the game, before Anet abandoned dungeons), we will never know.

• Like 3

If they're going to do it (and I hope they do someday), then I want them to do it right, and actually add a zone (or more likely two, based on the distance) running between Fields of Ruin and Desert Highlands. Ideally something to consider in future LW seasons.

But yeah, I'd love to see them work towards getting the game world connected to itself at some point.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Gehenna.3625 said:

Besides, why have a portal at all if you're not going to open it? There's more portals like that in the game, like the north side of Brisbane Wildlands. It seems that putting an actual portal in place without actually using it, is odd at least.

Yes, I'd love it if all those disconnected portals connected to something appropriate. My OCD probably.

3 hours ago, Gorani.7205 said:

Giving us a path from Ebonhawke to Desert Highlands is perhaps a logical story thing to add (after PoF areas are kind of less dangerous after the PoF and LS4 events, so a "safe travel" for players who finished both chapters would be nice from a lore POV.

If that gate (and the one in Brisbane) was initially designed for additional dungeons (IIRC not all initially planned ones were implemented into the game, before Anet abandoned dungeons), we will never know.

I don't think Anet ever said what they were for, or if they even knew.

There used to be a second unused portal in Brisban which now connects to Silverwastes, and I find it unlikely they planned that so far out, especially since Drytop not only got a new entrance but a whole corner of the map expanded and redesigned to fit it in.

There's also a few other maps which have roads leading out of them which don't have portals, like the one from Sparkfly Fen heading towards Southsun.