is the nightmares within Tower explorer achievement still obtainable?

Moi.5013

There is an achievement for finding all 9 chambers in the tower of nightmares when the content originally released that I was able to find 8 of the 9.  From what I remember and read on the wiki these were randomly occurring instances with different mobs in each one which is what made each one a different chamber to find.  Does anyone know if this achievement can still be finished with the new release since they changed how the instance works?  thanks!

That's probably because you missed a checkpoint. Just running through to the top will not get you the achievements. Make sure to go to every portal as well - the ones that says "...sealed.." when you get close before the prerequisite events are completed. Note: No way to check which area you missed.

I suspect most players just run with the zergs and do not detour to all these portals. The main reason I keep hearing questions about this.

Probably you missed a checkpoint.

I also thought the same (until a kind player whispered me in game), but actually you don't have to fight all the different bosses, but just find the 9 rooms. I also was at 8/9 because I always joined an instance that was already started, so I never entered the first room (at the end of the second elevated walkway). You don't need to enter the room, just go close to the entrance.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Moi.5013 said:

There is an achievement for finding all 9 chambers in the tower of nightmares when the content originally released that I was able to find 8 of the 9.  From what I remember and read on the wiki these were randomly occurring instances with different mobs in each one [...]

It's a misunderstanding as the Achievement doesn't clarify this, but you do not have to enter any chambers -- you just have to go to all their entrances (even the currently inactive ones) for the Achievement to complete.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

15 hours ago, Moi.5013 said:

Great!  thanks for all the replies.  I will go explore further on my next time in there 😄

Does anyone know if there happens to be a map that shows where each of the 9 entrances are?

Thanks!

Just made this map: Tower Explorer. Hope it'll help.

Map Legends: Green Star - Starting point; White Path - Ramp; Orange Circle - Chamber point.

Added the image to Wiki page: Nightmare Chamber

Edited by Silent.6137
  • Thanks 4