Server names in beta

10 minutes ago, Blackfish.7349 said:

We have different server names depending on: B menu, on screen claims messages, friends location or wvw map

It has been like that that since they started the beta tests. I too find this very confusing and IIRC has not been addressed by any  Dev so far (if it is a bug, something not yet implemented or whatever).

• Like 1

While we havent really gotten it confirmed, I still believe there are things that are so hardcoded they cant easily change it for a beta that is essentially just slapped on top of normal WvW. It needs a full patch, not just an activation/deactivation.

Meaning, if they "fix" this little bug they break normal WvW next week.

Edited by Dawdler.8521
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

While we havent really gotten it confirmed, I still believe there are things that are so hardcoded they cant easily change it for a beta that is essentially just slapped on top of normal WvW. It needs a full patch, not just an activation/deactivation.

Meaning, if they "fix" this little bug they break normal WvW next week.

But it needs reported else it won't be fixed. Understand we assume its a known issue but without them posting a change log we are just assuming its a known issue. Better to error on make sure people report it. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TheGrimm.5624 said:

But it needs reported else it won't be fixed. Understand we assume its a known issue but without them posting a change log we are just assuming its a known issue. Better to error on make sure people report it. 

That's not what I meant. It probably *cant* be fixed until they go fully live with the feature. Reporting it is pointless.

• Confused 1

Unless you want to find yourself on a completely different server when the beta is over, yes indeed, people will have different servers names showing up.

During world restructuring beta the new worlds/teams are borrowing the for now regular servers stats and API assigning population to the different ones. In EU, for example, if you are on Seven Pines you are currently assigned to Blacktide and if you are on Phoenix Dawn you're currently assigned to Ring of Fire. Your account, however, have not actually transferred, it's still on your "home" server, which might be, for example, Far Shiverpeaks - which happens to currently lending itself to Griffonfall.

If you see people you know are on the same maps right now at current time showing up as being on differently named maps on guild or friends list chances are that those people are not usually on the same server and will not be after the beta is over.

Last beta the map names people were showing on friend and guild lists when going from BBL to GBL to RBL was what whatever world/team was borrowing the stats/API from what would have been BBL/GBL/RBL for the match that week if there was no beta. So technically if someone with an account on Blacktide and another with an account on Far Shiperpeaks were currently together on Phoenix Dawn and jumping from BBL to GBL to RBL they would show up with differently named maps on the list and even in the match up UNLESS they were supposed to fight each other in a match up that week or are assigned to a world/team currently borrowing from server that would have been in the same match up that week - in this case Ring of Fire.

I haven't  checked for this beta, but unless they have a new mass transfer back and forth implemented into this beta or are testing a new feature, I am guessing this will be true for this one as well.

Edited by One more for the road.8950
typos