Mag is a server full of rangers!

tobin.6754

On 10/29/2022 at 12:24 PM, Xenesis.6389 said:

sigh

yeah...

😑

Not that this has anything to do with Mag but I want to add to the stupidity because it just got surpassed again. You can never guess how stupid people can get and why they get eaten by rangers or w/e.

Apparently a guildie got whispered by someone accusing themselves of hacking.

They said they were hacking because you can't pull people with corrosive poison cloud up.

Then again, points for trying?

Edited by ArchonWing.9480
  • Haha 5

8 minutes ago, ArchonWing.9480 said:

Not that this has anything to do with Mag but I want to add to the stupidity because it just got surpassed again. You can never guess how stupid people can get and why they get eaten by rangers or w/e.

They said they were hacking because you can't pull people with corrosive poison cloud up.

More evidence that Mag needs nerfing!!!!

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Lonewolf Kai.3682 said:

More evidence that Mag needs nerfing!!!!

5 hours ago, ArchonWing.9480 said:

That's ok, Jul keeps trying to point out that their math is perfect, while we are actually talking about irony in trying to make a point that Mag stacks EBG while others may not. But the Mag police are stronk as always lol. For peeps that might just see some threads, no Mag doesn't need nerfs, you just need to understand their playstyle, and yes all of us get the 'you hacker wtf' statements. Oh the joy of Forum Wars 2. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, TheGrimm.5624 said:

That's ok, Jul keeps trying to point out that their math is perfect, while we are actually talking about irony in trying to make a point that Mag stacks EBG while others may not. But the Mag police are stronk as always lol. For peeps that might just see some threads, no Mag doesn't need nerfs, you just need to understand their playstyle, and yes all of us get the 'you hacker wtf' statements. Oh the joy of Forum Wars 2. 

Wrong, Mag is full of haX0rz rangers. 

I'm gonna state this once and in a way that  correlates my thoughts on fundamental game design sans class bias and then I'll relay my concerns for why this design is problematic.

If....a relatively low skill requirement class....is allowed to completely shutdown another class from distances that are a massive advantage to that "relatively low skill requirement class" without specific and real sanctions for an absence of skills used/spent,

there is no disadvantage to running this and every advntage to run it.

If a ranger has no problem pressing 1 2 4 over and over and over and it completely forces w/e that target is to constantly mitigate for this high skill req of 1 2 4.....Its game over right there.

The bias that exists for rangers is staggering. The fact a lnogbow is allowed to completely force me off my game with virtually no effort or skill required NOT TO MENTION NO SANCTIONS FOR JUST DUMPING MAD DPS DOWNRANGE.

The sanction for most builds for failing that dump is death.

Your pet dies...oh well no big deal....Ill just keep shooting and runnign away. I missed a full string that time...oh well no big deal ill wait 10 seconds.

Man Im not even goign to go into all the arc biases that were DELIBERATELY adjusted only for LONGBOW. Name me one other #2 skill or above on any non longbow in this game THAT HAS AN ARC ADVANTAGE and I'll be impressed.

NO WAY NO TALENT SHOULD BE ABLE TO SUPPRESS VIRTUALLY EVERY OTHER BUILD FROM THAT KIND OF RANGE ADVANTAGE WITHOUT ACTUAL PENALTIES FOR FAILURE.

This is a terrible way to leave this game for this long and it's not fun.

Either Longbow domination gets a hard look on Nov 29 or you lose 50+ years of gw experience from the 3 of us.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, HARDOFREADING.7298 said:

Either Longbow domination gets a hard look on Nov 29 or you lose 50+ years of gw experience from the 3 of us.

Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Why would Anet care about you or your '50+ years of gw experience (moaning)'.  Do you think you're special?

It's not hard to counter (just swop away from copy/paster 'meta' build) and the more of them you face the more effective the counters are.

On 10/29/2022 at 2:41 AM, tobin.6754 said:

Mag is a server full of rangers!

and thieves! They have squads of 20 rangers under stealth with the help of 10 thieves. It is a common thing when theeir stealthed rangers' squad pew pew you from stealth and one shot entire zergs.

Edited by Daredevil.2745
  • Haha 1

Please don't make me defend Mag again.

So if they are bringing a ton of Rangers against you. What is your side bringing to counter them? Are you bringing your own Rangers and focusing fire? Do you not have any SB Havocs to melt their solo Rangers. Are you bringing reflect builds? Are you bringing in multiple Mez to group pull them to you? Are you bringing reflect/burn Guards? Are you not bringing enough Thieves to jump them in close or pull them to you? It goes on.

Mag has a lot of players that are used to playing on their own but expecting backup, and when matched against people that are not used to doing the same that's when they do well. So you either need to bring organized groups against them, bring counter classes against their styles or practice going in roaming and have builds that counter their build types. And you need to push them, to fight where you choose. Make them react versus choosing the field to fight. Just as BG defends it's third on most maps, Mag on EBG does the same. Hit their backline to overdraw their numbers. You will be over run overtime but the longer you do it, the more you have elsewhere to do other things. Again, play your games, not theirs. Good hunting to all!

• Like 1