I only asked for one thing regarding Scarlet, ANET.

Zera.9435

When the return of LS1 stuff was announced, I asked for only one thing: to have the option of killing that psycho outright with damage instead of only being killed by pressing F. The OPTION for either or. That was all I wanted. The stomp could have stayed in place for people that like using their cute little finishers, but also just not be invulnerable to player damage so that I can kill her with my weapon skills.

Alas, we weren't given the option. I just wanted her to not be invulnerable... that's all. Oh well, LS1 will just have to keep the title of worst content. Next.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 21
  • Sad 3

3 hours ago, Telgum.6071 said:

You have too much free time.

Way too much. God, of all the things one can complain about, he picked this short instance that is all about "do it once and forget", wasting more time creating this thread than this instance actually take. We ppl are wierd.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Thank you, OP, for bringing my faith in humanity down another peg that I didn't know existed. Everything else that happened in the original Battle For Lion's Arch events and this re-release, both game play wise and narratively, is rendered moot and the whole thing declared "the worst content in GW2" (when IBS exists) just because you can't off Scarlet in a specific way.  I need to stop coming to this forum.

Edited by The Greyhawk.9107
  • Like 12
  • Haha 5

I haven't completed the instance in the return, but back in 2014, you could actually just.... do nothing.

Quite literally. Back in 2014 while writing up the wiki article I was standing there while she threw bombs and then... she just died.

And another go, while trying for the achievements, I attacked her and she stopped responding, letting me use finisher with ease.

So if you don't like the instance as the devs intended, they gave you some outs.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/9/2022 at 1:27 AM, Biziut.3594 said:

Way too much. God, of all the things one can complain about, he picked this short instance that is all about "do it once and forget", wasting more time creating this thread than this instance actually take. We ppl are wierd.

You may be slow at typing, but I'm not. The majority of that instance is NPCs talking.

• Like 1
  • Confused 4

On 11/9/2022 at 7:00 AM, The Greyhawk.9107 said:

Thank you, OP, for bringing my faith in humanity down another peg that I didn't know existed. Everything else that happened in the original Battle For Lion's Arch events and this re-release, both game play wise and narratively, is rendered moot and the whole thing declared "the worst content in GW2" (when IBS exists) just because you can't off Scarlet in a specific way.  I need to stop coming to this forum.

Right, because a game is your whole world. There are far worse things going on in the world that actually discredit humanity, but keep thinking I'm somehow the worst of us. Heaven forbid anyone complain about anything.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

On 11/9/2022 at 9:26 AM, IAmNotMatthew.1058 said:

There's also an achievement tied to finishing her before she gets her shield, if you could just attack her that achievement would be extremely easy.

I mean she's literally just laying there, dying. Why not let us stab her?

• Confused 1

On 11/9/2022 at 11:23 AM, LSD.4673 said:

LW1 worst?

It at least has effort put into it -- even if that effort spent the last decade buried away.

Meanwhile, IBS's DRMs...

I found IBS to be more enjoyable than LS1. You're allowed to disagree, of course, but I didn't like LS1.

• Like 1

On 11/8/2022 at 9:09 PM, Arianth Moonlight.6453 said:

I would be happy if they replace her completely with say, a sentient cabbage with googly eyes or something.
I really hate that... You know the word.

It would be funny, but I'd still prefer to kill the actual psychopath.

1 hour ago, Zera Allimatti.2541 said:

You may be slow at typing, but I'm not. The majority of that instance is NPCs talking.

And? Seems like the only one that is bothered by it is you so far. There is this nice useful thing called "moving on" try it sometimes, especially since you brought this pretty worthles topic back to life again.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zera Allimatti.2541 said:

Right, because a game is your whole world. There are far worse things going on in the world that actually discredit humanity, but keep thinking I'm somehow the worst of us. Heaven forbid anyone complain about anything.

You attempted to discredit the entirety of Living World Season 1 over a single mechanic within a single encounter, and then tried to cast me as the one that's a no-lifer. As such your argument is invalid.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

On 12/4/2022 at 10:17 PM, Biziut.3594 said:

And? Seems like the only one that is bothered by it is you so far. There is this nice useful thing called "moving on" try it sometimes, especially since you brought this pretty worthles topic back to life again.

I did move on. LS1 remains not fun overall. You didn't have to respond to my post. It was for ANET, not you.

• Confused 2

On 12/4/2022 at 11:00 PM, The Greyhawk.9107 said:

You attempted to discredit the entirety of Living World Season 1 over a single mechanic within a single encounter, and then tried to cast me as the one that's a no-lifer. As such your argument is invalid.

I didn't attempt, I succeeded. That particular encounter is the 'cherry on top'. LS1 remains the worst. 2 years of kittening blue balls.

• Confused 1