What if Eviscerate was an Evade?

Zuko.7132

I think this would be the single most impactful change you could make for core warrior. Core war suddenly has a reliable low cooldown active defense. It would help Berserker too. What about spellbreaker? Maybe they would drop dagger for it, but then they would lose mobility, unblockable boonstrip, a cc, and wouldn’t have the higher tier damage. I don't think it would be too much.

Edited by Zuko.7132
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

46 minutes ago, Zuko.7132 said:

I think this would be the single most impactful change you could make for core warrior. Core war suddenly has a reliable low cooldown active defense. It would help Berserker too. What about spellbreaker? Maybe they would drop dagger for it, but then they would lose mobility, unblockable boonstrip, a cc, and wouldn’t have the higher tier damage. I don't think it would be too much.

It's a good thought.

Personally, I think they just need to buff the damage significantly (1.5/2.0/2.5 power coefficient for t1/T2/t3 bursts, respectively). It's dumb that arcing slice does more damage than a single target telegraphed attack.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

It's my opinion that each of the MH/2H weapons should have an evade, block, or blind on them.

To me that means the following:

Axe: 3/4s evade on Cyclone Axe
Hammer: 3/4s evade on Staggering Blow
GS: Covered
Mace: Covered
Rifle: Covered
LB: Covered
Sword: 3/4s evade on Savage Leap
Gunsaber: Blooming Fire has a 1s evade underwater, but not on land. Port the evade to the land version.

Much like Guardian skills all have a symbol, I think it is worth having at least 1 active defense skill on each MH and 2H weapon for warrior.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

57 minutes ago, CalmTheStorm.2364 said:

It's a good thought.

Personally, I think they just need to buff the damage significantly (1.5/2.0/2.5 power coefficient for t1/T2/t3 bursts, respectively). It's dumb that arcing slice does more damage than a single target telegraphed attack.

I would take more damage. It definitely needs something. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

40 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

It's my opinion that each of the MH/2H weapons should have an evade, block, or blind on them.

To me that means the following:

Axe: 3/4s evade on Cyclone Axe
Hammer: 3/4s evade on Staggering Blow
GS: Covered
Mace: Covered
Rifle: Covered
LB: Covered
Sword: 3/4s evade on Savage Leap
Gunsaber: Blooming Fire has a 1s evade underwater, but not on land. Port the evade to the land version.

Much like Guardian skills all have a symbol, I think it is worth having at least 1 active defense skill on each MH and 2H weapon for warrior.

I definitely agree with that. I’ll add a few things though.

GS: get rid of precast on the evade

Mace: make the block channeled instead of single hit

Rifle: Needs to evade right away

LB: Give it the PvP daze

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Zuko.7132 said:

I definitely agree with that. I’ll add a few things though.

GS: get rid of precast on the evade

Personally, never had a problem with the precast.

Mace: make the block channeled instead of single hit

That is a given, along with making the counterattack a flipover skill instead of an auto proc.

Rifle: Needs to evade right away

And evade prior to the shot.

LB: Give it the PvP daze

I want that so bad, but from the context of their philosophy stream I think that this will never happen.

• Like 1

A quick reminder that eviscerate had more damage than the axe's 5, currently it would have to have more than double damage in both pvp (mvm) and pve.

That if he deletes people, it will be the problem of the fool who increased the damage of things at a distance and instant abilities or easy access so much that they don't even require a resource and only increased them because of his stupidity.

Filosofía de balance una pol**

42 minutes ago, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

No.

You can swap out of evisc mid channel to prevent adren loss, that would be an evade every 5 seconds if someone runs discipline and has even one tier of adren.

The vermin would scream. 

If you’re swapping to prevent adrenaline loss, then you have to use it with weapon swap available. So swap to axe, wait 5 secs for weapon swap, evade with cancel, 5 seconds in other weapon. That would be 1 every ten. Only way to get close to 5 but still not quite there is to use actual adrenaline right when you swap, then camp axe until evis recharges. Factoring in cast time, there is 3/4 sec cast time, actually greater with pre and after cast plus 6 3/4 burst recharge plus other cast time of the evinced again greater than 3/4 plus 5 sec in other weapon set. That would be 2 evades every 13.25 seconds ignoring pre and after cast. Again to this, it would require camping axe to wait for burst charge and using them on cooldown, thus denying reactive dodge use. More likely it would be 1 dodge every 10 seconds if used on reaction and with normal weapon swapping.

1 hour ago, Zuko.7132 said:

If you’re swapping to prevent adrenaline loss, then you have to use it with weapon swap available. So swap to axe, wait 5 secs for weapon swap, evade with cancel, 5 seconds in other weapon. That would be 1 every ten. Only way to get close to 5 but still not quite there is to use actual adrenaline right when you swap, then camp axe until evis recharges. Factoring in cast time, there is 3/4 sec cast time, actually greater with pre and after cast plus 6 3/4 burst recharge plus other cast time of the evinced again greater than 3/4 plus 5 sec in other weapon set. That would be 2 evades every 13.25 seconds ignoring pre and after cast. Again to this, it would require camping axe to wait for burst charge and using them on cooldown, thus denying reactive dodge use. More likely it would be 1 dodge every 10 seconds if used on reaction and with normal weapon swapping.

Axe/- -/Axe is a thing people do sometimes. It would indeed become every 5s.

30 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Axe/- -/Axe is a thing people do sometimes. It would indeed become every 5s.

Are you saying axe in both main hands? Because, ya then it would be every 5, but you'd also be canceling every burst you use and lose different weapon skills. I don't think axe/x and axe/x would be viable in pvp or wvw even with the evade buff. If it's offhand axe, you wouldn't have evisc on the second weapon set.

Edited by Zuko.7132

6 minutes ago, Zuko.7132 said:

Are you saying axe in both main hands?

He means Axe/Weapon and Weapon/Axe as the swaps.

If the swap evade is the problem, it's easily solved: Reduce the cast time of Eviscerate to make it a more responsive leap and then lock the swap to after the skill. As long as it's a good skill, we don't need to swap out ot if. The problem is that in it's current state, it's pretty lackluster.

3 minutes ago, Shadowpeixera.2918 said:

He means Axe/Weapon and Weapon/Axe as the swaps.

If the swap evade is the problem, it's easily solved: Reduce the cast time of Eviscerate to make it a more responsive leap and then lock the swap to after the skill. As long as it's a good skill, we don't need to swap out ot if. The problem is that in it's current state, it's pretty lackluster.

Sorry by weapon you mean unequipped weapon right? Because, that's not worth the trade off for pvp or wvw, and who cares if war is super evadey in pve.

1 hour ago, Zuko.7132 said:

Are you saying axe in both main hands? Because, ya then it would be every 5, but you'd also be canceling every burst you use and lose different weapon skills. I don't think axe/x and axe/x would be viable in pvp or wvw even with the evade buff. If it's offhand axe, you wouldn't have evisc on the second weapon set.

If you place a weapon in your MH in set one and none in the OH of set one, then in set two place a weapon in the OH slot but not the MH slot it treats you as wielding both weapons, and when you weapon swap nothing changes but all the weapon swap mechanics happen.

Some DPS rotations in raids used to be that with Axe/- -/Axe to use the weapon swap for more adrenaline for Decap spamming.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Zuko.7132 said:

Sorry by weapon you mean unequipped weapon right? Because, that's not worth the trade off for pvp or wvw, and who cares if war is super evadey in pve.

by weapon, i mean whatever you have equipped in that slot. So, let's say Axe/Shield - Dagger/Axe as a swap for a SpB.
I for one think that Axe having an evade would be interesting because it would allow you to negate certain mechanics with the evade frames, and on PvP/WvW, having one more immunity button can help a lot. But ymmv.

EDIT: Lan answered and kinda enlightened us all. I still think evade on Axe burst would be great for the weapon, but i wasn't aware of the Axe/- -/Axe for adrenaline.

Edited by Shadowpeixera.2918

30 minutes ago, Shadowpeixera.2918 said:

by weapon, i mean whatever you have equipped in that slot. So, let's say Axe/Shield - Dagger/Axe as a swap for a SpB.
I for one think that Axe having an evade would be interesting because it would allow you to negate certain mechanics with the evade frames, and on PvP/WvW, having one more immunity button can help a lot. But ymmv.

EDIT: Lan answered and kinda enlightened us all. I still think evade on Axe burst would be great for the weapon, but i wasn't aware of the Axe/- -/Axe for adrenaline.

It's actually a decent thing to remember. There are core pistol/- -/pistol thief builds that are fun. 

Also useful to know for characters that are being leveled but don't have a lot of weapons owned.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

If you place a weapon in your MH in set one and none in the OH of set one, then in set two place a weapon in the OH slot but not the MH slot it treats you as wielding both weapons, and when you weapon swap nothing changes but all the weapon swap mechanics happen.

Some DPS rotations in raids used to be that with Axe/- -/Axe to use the weapon swap for more adrenaline for Decap spamming.

1 hour ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

It's actually a decent thing to remember. There are core pistol/- -/pistol thief builds that are fun. 

Also useful to know for characters that are being leveled but don't have a lot of weapons owned.

This is correct.

Edited by Azure The Heartless.3261
  • Like 1