The Real Problem With PvP is...

subgenius.7649

AFK/Match Manipulation.

People need to be gaining/losing rank due to their personal participation in the match, not by whether the teams win or lose. It would be hard to rework the system to take this into account.  Easiest fix is Take away being rewarded for losses. The fact that afk'rs are incentivized in any way to participate in a COMPETITIVE game mode is sad. I frequently see people speaking the entire match as well but not moving or going somewhere to /sit and belittle people. There needs to be clear communication from ANET on what really happens to the ingame reports, as well as action taken against toxic pvp'rs as well as the afk problem. 

It has been YEARS of this game mode infested with this problem and no work has been done on it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, subgenius.7649 said:

AFK/Match Manipulation.

People need to be gaining/losing rank due to their personal participation in the match, not by whether the teams win or lose. It would be hard to rework the system to take this into account.  Easiest fix is Take away being rewarded for losses. The fact that afk'rs are incentivized in any way to participate in a COMPETITIVE game mode is sad. I frequently see people speaking the entire match as well but not moving or going somewhere to /sit and belittle people. There needs to be clear communication from ANET on what really happens to the ingame reports, as well as action taken against toxic pvp'rs as well as the afk problem. 

It has been YEARS of this game mode infested with this problem and no work has been done on it.

True.

And the problem is not on rank anymore, there ppl ,salty ppl group on urank just try to BM someone they hate.

You may say it is unrnak, no problem there.

I'm sure most of rookie start on unrank random do they daily, and they meeting the same 5 group again and again, free to jump on they deadbody, it will make it go PVE and never go back.

Edited by noneHotBuildTest.7251
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, noneHotBuildTest.7251 said:

True.

And the problem is not on rank anymore, there ppl ,salty ppl group on urank just try to BM someone they hate.

I'm sure most of rookie start on unrank random do they daily, and they meeting the same 5 group again and again, free to jump on they deadbody, it will make it go PVE and never go back.

Absolutely, see this all the time.

Here's the strategy to counter a 5-man sweat stack in unranked, copy it, use it, and no need to thank me:

Step 1 - Pick the rabid amulet and a tanky rune

Step 2 - Fill your build with CC and as much sustain as possible

Step 3 - Locate the sweat stack during the match

Step 4 - Annoy them until they target you

Step 5 - Lead the sweats on a wild, cross-map CC marathon. CC, run. CC, run. 

Step 6 - Repeat steps 4 & 5 until the match expires.

And in just 6 easy steps, you've beaten the sweatstack. You're probably still going to lose the match, but victory against a 5-man sweat stack is not measured by whether or not the announcer says "Your team is victorious!" at the end, no

Its measured by how much time you were able to take away from their boring lives. If a match ends to timer, that is a great sign, and you would be considered a pro in this industry.

• Confused 1

17 hours ago, noneHotBuildTest.7251 said:

True.

I think you forgott to Mention engi

• Haha 2

22 hours ago, Avatar.3568 said:

I think you forgott to Mention engi

harbinger, tempest, DD, chrono, all hard counters to engi.... I am sure there are others, If you branch out your playstyle you will see that if might be just you and not 1 class... try not to highjack thread with your NERF ENGI posts

Edited by subgenius.7649

7 hours ago, subgenius.7649 said:

harbinger, tempest, DD, chrono, all hard counters to engi.... I am sure there are others, If you branch out your playstyle you will see that if might be just you and not 1 class... try not to highjack thread with your NERF ENGI posts

i am just memeing they thread author, if you look at his profil you see that every thread from him is "nerf engi".
i am fine with engi, btw.

• Thanks 1

I've posted this as well, years ago...

The rank system is so bad that it makes you quit PvP.

I really don't get how we should be able to rank up with a system like this.

You get thrown in a match with randoms, no way of communicating and your rank is all about the win/loss, any personal effort doesn't make a difference.

• Like 1

I'm willing to bet they'd see a significant change if they just removed duo queue. 

What is the point in having 2 people queue for a match out of a 5 man team if NOT specifically left that way so that people can abuse the system?

Hope catering to the people that requested this feature was worth destroying this gamemode.

Edit*
Of course it was - because now they have less work to do and can go back to creating 2 page patch notes of "skill damage increased by 0.3%." "Condition stack decreased from 4 to 3."

Riveting changes.

Lulz. 

Edited by Bast.7253