Favorite items in Store ? Notification when on Sale ?

Coda.9185

just a suggestion there, Why there isn't a function to favorite item in the store and receive a notification when it's on sale or there is a package promotion including that item. 
something like when you shopping online and put something in your purchase bag or favorite item, you get a mail or notification that it became on sale or there is an offer for it !

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Khisanth.2948 said:

Sounds more like a way to increase Monthly Average Users count.

That's a different way of saying the same thing.

The player's reason for logging in is to check the gem store because they don't want to miss something they want (which is what Kharmin said) and the benefit for Anet is more people logging in.

That can have real benefits, not just artifically boosting their stats. People will log in to just do one thing quickly and end up getting drawn into other things because it's happening around them or they see people talking about it in chat. Or there's people like me who will go through a bunch of routine activities when I first get on the computer in the evening and then when I start thinking about what game I want to play I already have GW2 open so I'm likely to consider that first.

There's also the chance that while you're looking for the thing you want in the gem store you'll be tempted to buy other stuff as well.

Unfortunately that means there's no system like the OP wanted and it's not likely they'll add it, because they'd rather lose sales to people who can't/don't log in regularly than remove that incentive to log in and check.

• Like 4

On 11/11/2022 at 10:07 PM, Danikat.8537 said:

That's a different way of saying the same thing.

The player's reason for logging in is to check the gem store because they don't want to miss something they want (which is what Kharmin said) and the benefit for Anet is more people logging in.

That can have real benefits, not just artifically boosting their stats. People will log in to just do one thing quickly and end up getting drawn into other things because it's happening around them or they see people talking about it in chat. Or there's people like me who will go through a bunch of routine activities when I first get on the computer in the evening and then when I start thinking about what game I want to play I already have GW2 open so I'm likely to consider that first.

There's also the chance that while you're looking for the thing you want in the gem store you'll be tempted to buy other stuff as well.

Unfortunately that means there's no system like the OP wanted and it's not likely they'll add it, because they'd rather lose sales to people who can't/don't log in regularly than remove that incentive to log in and check.

and there are people who doesn't open it at all because it takes forever till item they actually need is available 
maybe there are people keeping eye on the store everyday but some other rarely open it 

10 hours ago, Randulf.7614 said:

There is a dedicated forum thread to returning gemstore items. I think it’s the closest we will get to a wish list.

@Coda.9185

We do have on this forum at least two sticky threads that are open to comment in this forum section.

The first thread is a kept up to date by a member of this community that updates with the latest news on what items that are going to be Gem Store (and which items that have limited time left).

The second thread work as a wish list where people can voice what they would want to see in Gem Store.

It is possible set up email or push notification from each thread (follow toggle at each forum thread in the end of page), so there is not really need to have in game Gem Store doing this. Yes, it will be lot of notification that might be of less interest then that ONE item which yourself wish to buy, but it will at least make it possible to keep an eye on what is going on in Gem Store without necessarily having to log into game every day.

Edited by ShadowCatz.8437
  • Like 1