Increasing True Shot's cooldown is over the top

MagicBot.1570

Regarding DH buffs from the Nov 29th preview, they look pretty good, albeit too cautious compared to some other specs that are already performing quite well damage-wise in PvE (Holo and Deadeye).

The True Shot cooldown increase to compensate for coefficient buff from 2.44 to 3.2 is unnecessary, and it makes it a bittersweet change. I would leave the cooldown as it is.

The rest of the buffs are fine. I would've added a little something to procession as well but overall, it'll do the trick. As a long time DH player and someone who occasionally does the benchmarks as well, I do want to stress that True Shot should remain on a 4-second cooldown.

Hoping that this reaches the balance team, thanks for the changes! 

Detailed Reddit Post :

Edited by MagicBot.1570
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 7
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Brandon Uzumaki.1524 said:

Maybe they are nerfing the CD because they still intend to make it be cast while moving (they mentioned that in a previous balance preview), the Deadeye change could be some kind of test, and they will give this buff to True Shot in the future, but 4 second CD would make it too OP.

Thing is even with a 4sec cd being able to move while doing wouldnt break the game a least in pve, but the cd increase aplies to pve  which doesnt make sense.

Well I laughed hard at their reasoning: "We don't want the player to be locked in the position that often"... So a cd increase and DMG increase but overall nerf to not lock us in position.. maybe just remove the position locking completely or allow us to move at 50% speed while aiming? If the cd would have increased by 50% and dmg by 50% I wouldn't mind much would have been a buff cause less cast time spent on using it less frequently for same DPS gain.

4 hours ago, Brandon Uzumaki.1524 said:

Maybe they are nerfing the CD because they still intend to make it be cast while moving (they mentioned that in a previous balance preview), the Deadeye change could be some kind of test, and they will give this buff to True Shot in the future, but 4 second CD would make it too OP.

Too powerful in pve? Not sure why would that be the case. To be fair, having hit harder and casting it every 6 secs could be better, but even with the buffs, LB seems fairly behind. Will wait and see. I could be wrong.

I don’t know much about DH tbh, but I’ll throw some numbers in;

Assuming cast and aftercasts are constant, the coefficient/cooldown has gone from;

pre-patch: 2.44/4 = .61

post-patch: 3.2/6 = .533

This results in a -12.57% damage per second of cooldown.

To illustrate a different way; 

Over a 12 second period (least common denominator, shout out to 1st grade maths!) total coefficient produced pre patch would have been 7.32. Post patch it will be 6.4. Again, a -12.57% change in damage output over that time frame. 

Hi, I just wanted to reiterate that Holo will be ~39K post patch, Slb will still be at 38K, Bladesworn 41K+, all these classes have very high burst. Even CFB might hit 39K+. There is no reason to run 36K DH against these specs except in very niche circumstances. Please for the love of god reconsider true shot CD increase. I don't want to wait another 4 months...

Edited by FtoPScrub.5476