just rework enchantment collapse

felix.2386

really.

what is even that change.

it is useless in pve/pvp

the change just feels like big "i dislike fun and synergy" which warrior already lacks heavily.

the trait is stupid anyway, and wind of enchantment, without this trait, is literally a 90 seconds useless piece of crap.

with this trait it becomes like demi god, but that's not you are supposed to balance the skill.

this skill with and without this trait difference is day and night in wvw, while being completely useless literally everywhere else.

it should not be like this, this skill should be good alone and be better with trait, not effectiveness completely goes from 0% to 500%, but 100% to 150%

• Thanks 3

Enchantment collapse could just rip an extra boon when you rip boons, not cause foes near your target to lose a boon. Being so tied to CCs for the spec its not like an ICD would be needed outside of WoD being used.

To me WoD should just stop boons from being applied when in the bubble and for 1s after leaving the bubble. As it should apply disenchantment for 1s each second, where disenchantment stops boons from being applied.

I also think Dispelling Force should apply 1s of disenchantment, but that may be too powerful.

• Thanks 2

enchantment collapse - hitting an enemy with a burst skill removes 3 boons. whenever you remove a boon from an enemy apply 7x vulnerability.

destruction of the empowered - deal additional 5% strike damage for each boon on an enemy. increases to 10% for enemies with 3 boons. and increases to 15% to enemies with more than 3 boons.

something along these lines would be nice. 💪

Edited by eXruina.4956
  • Confused 1

they took away our might and gutted our already low weapon coefficients, further gutted coefficients of our high value weapon skills. and removed damage from our cc skills.

and with everything vomitting prot like it was nothing, if you're not locked into spellbreaker, you'll do kitten fluff.

what happened to all the other warrior specs, kitten and fluff. even bladesworn supposedly jacked since newly released, won't dent that kitten.

• Confused 1

Wind of enchantment, it would be nice if it was instant, with a much shorter animation, without leaving an area or anything, that applies "Disenchantment" for 10s and removes 5 boons to 5 targets, deals challenge damage and applies super speed, barrier and resistance to 5 allies.
I would prefer that the spellbreaker get more effects from "Disenchantment" and that this works more like a condition that can be applied by multiple charges, in the end it is more balanced than just a fixed effect and would have more consistency with the margins of the game, although now they are on the floor and Anet keeps passing them by who knows where...

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, CalmTheStorm.2364 said:

I propose replacing WoD with:

Moa Party!

Transform EVERYONE in a 3000 radius into a Moa for 15s

That is not warrior. Make it instead into:

Fighting Squadron

Transform everyone into a copy of your build.

And then watch everything crash and burn because almost no1 can play it.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

On 11/15/2022 at 11:21 PM, eXruina.4956 said:

honestly in this iteration of the game, i think all core specs should have a manner of boon removal or boon punish added to their arsenal.

either that or they should really tone down the durations to the point where boon application and usage is sparse and meaningful.

Nah, boon removal is a fine niche for an elite spec to fill for classes.

Look how they handled ranger and warrior, 2 classes which have absolutely no boon removal in core. Instead of giving that functionality to the core class, they designed elite specs to fill this niche (untamed and spellbreaker, respectively).

At this point, I am pretty sure that either elementalist, guardian or engineer (or a combination of these) will get boon removal elite specs in the future.

Most likely all classes will be able to remove boons one day. But it will be through the use of a dedicated elite spec, instead of getting it handed as a core function.

Edited by Kodama.6453
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Kodama.6453 said:

Nah, boon removal is a fine niche for an elite spec to fill for classes.

Look how they handled ranger and warrior, 2 classes which have absolutely no boon removal in core. Instead of giving that functionality to the core class, they designed elite specs to fill this niche (untamed and spellbreaker, respectively).

At this point, I am pretty sure that either elementalist, guardian or engineer (or a combination of these) will get boon removal elite specs in the future.

Most likely all classes will be able to remove boons one day. But it will be through the use of a dedicated elite spec, instead of getting it handed as a core function.

but locked into a specific elite spec, leaving other specs with no answers, incorporating boon removal to all core trait lines would open up the option to counter play boons for all specs.

as an example not everyone wants to be locked into playing spellbreaker in competitive, its primarily one of the reason warrior's other power specs don't cut it, they have no solution to protection, boon removal has become a necessity in today's game, this will introduce more build variety.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, eXruina.4956 said:

but locked into a specific elite spec, leaving other specs with no answers, incorporating boon removal to all core trait lines would open up the option to counter play boons for all specs.

as an example not everyone wants to be locked into playing spellbreaker in competitive, its primarily one of the reason warrior's other power specs don't cut it, they have no solution to protection, boon removal has become a necessity in today's game, this will introduce more build variety.

I am not sure if boon hate is really that necessary that it needs to become a core feature for all classes.

Looking at the balance philosophy we got recently presented, I guess this part falls into this "holes in roles" category? Some classes get to remove boons in their core class (like thief or mesmer), other classes might need an elite spec for that and therefore have limited build options if they really need this boon removal (like ranger and warrior).

I would like to see boon hate improved in general, but I am personally indifferent if that happens through core features or elite specs.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, CalmTheStorm.2364 said:

What about reworking Enchantment Collapse to be:

"Burst skills remove 2 boons on hit"

That would give a method for consistent boon removal that doesn't rely on CC and provides further synergy with loss aversion and generation of attackers insight.

I like it. It would need an interval on it though like sundering bursts does.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

No, it would be once per interval per target per burst with an interval of 3s, which is enough to keep LB from mass stripping boons in WvW, but would allow back-to-back bursts to rip more boons.

I think the LB stripping lots of boons would be a great thing, imo.  But regardless, even with an interval of 3s, that still means combustive shot which pulses every 3s, would still strip every hit, right?  Unless they changed it to "only hits once for multi-hit bursts."

Flurry removing boons on every hit would be pretty funny though 😄  At least that skill would be good for something.

58 minutes ago, CalmTheStorm.2364 said:

I think the LB stripping lots of boons would be a great thing, imo.  But regardless, even with an interval of 3s, that still means combustive shot which pulses every 3s, would still strip every hit, right?  Unless they changed it to "only hits once for multi-hit bursts."

Well, now the interval has to be 5s, I was trying to sneak that in by being sly...

58 minutes ago, CalmTheStorm.2364 said:

Flurry removing boons on every hit would be pretty funny though 😄  At least that skill would be good for something.

Which is why they would put an interval on it like Sundering Bursts, which is really no different than a CD mind you, but how it affects AoEs is a bit more nuanced.