Continuity in Central Tyria maps after Season 1 changes.

Azureus.5428

2 minutes ago, mythical.6315 said:

No there isn't.  Your statement that "players hate zergs" has nothing to do with the concerns that creating multiple instances based on story progression would divide players on those maps potentially creating empty ones. 

You have also failed to back up that these maps suffer from issues with zergs but that's an entirely separate issue.

" If some maps are just blobs of players doing the most unfun thing ever, then some may be quiet zones"

How are your reading skills? I'm not going to prove something I have never claimed. 🙂

• Confused 3

45 minutes ago, Azureus.5428 said:

" If some maps are just blobs of players doing the most unfun thing ever, then some may be quiet zones"

How are your reading skills? I'm not going to prove something I have never claimed. 🙂

Go to any of the maps without meta events or world bosses off timer then there will be no zergs so way more then 3 maps without zergs.

• Like 1

On 11/17/2022 at 10:52 AM, Farohna.6247 said:

The solution would be phasing.   So whatever part of the story you've completed, is what you see.  It was sometimes a nuisance in WoW...if someone had not completed a storyline, you could not see them in the same area.  So it would not work well in GW2, with so many map events, world bosses, etc.  That would have been the original way to avoid visual confusion, but not something to implement now.  

Guess we just need to forgive and use our imagination. 

That's pretty much all we can do, it's just an unfortunate limitation of the media we're given.

32 minutes ago, Azureus.5428 said:

Because it's been said that my proposition will make the 3 maps too underpopulated.

The zones you're mentioning here ALREADY aren't zerged, so there's no need to divide population further within those zones just because there are zergs in.... other zones. Other zones are irrelevant here.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

The zones you're mentioning here ALREADY aren't zerged, so there's no need to divide population further within those zones just because there are zergs in.... other zones. Other zones are irrelevant here.

Au contraire, having an emptier spot among all the spots in which you're basically never alone due to the megaserver filling everything to the brim. would be more than fine for me. Back in the 2012 this game used to have difficult open world, before the MS scaling changed the early zones into a kind of a weird joke, in which everything pops in two blows and barely scratches you. 

Two players in early zones are a force which demolishes any champion without any particular difficulty. Three is just silly. So truly, an emptier 25-60 zone (not empty, mind you, because the MS will just compress people again...

Say, I've just realized. No matter how we split the maps, the system will still make them as full as possible, so your argument is pretty much invalid. XD

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Azureus.5428 said:

Au contraire, having an emptier spot among all the spots in which you're basically never alone

These "spots" already exist and -among others- they are exactly in the zones you want to nonsensically further split to divide new players from the veteran ones for, imo, no good reason.

Do you understand that underlined part? Because it looks like you don't throughout the last few posts. "Other zones" have nothing to do with it because they change nothing about the zones we're discussing here which already aren't zerged.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

These "spots" already exist and -among others- they are exactly in the zones you want to nonsensically further split to divide new players from the veteran ones for, imo, no good reason.

Do you understand that underlined part?

Are you going to tell me now that you're playing at some otherworldy version of Kessex Hills on which the centaur main boss doesn't melt so fast that you won't get there on time from Salma, riding a raptor? 😄

Megaserver will fill any kind of an instance to the brim, because that's how it works, anyway.

• Confused 2

3 minutes ago, Azureus.5428 said:

Are you going to tell me now that you're playing at some otherworldy version of Kessex Hills on which the centaur main boss doesn't melt so fast that you won't get there on time from Salma, riding a raptor? 😄

Megaserver will fill any kind of an instance to the brim, because that's how it works, anyway.

I like how you went from "split low level zones because of zergs playing on other maps" to "2-3 players is already too many, but even after that further divide, I still expect those 2-3 players to be there" 🙃

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Azureus.5428 said:

It's melting because of the power creep and that it only takes a couple or so players to burn it down.  This has nothing to do with zergs.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Azureus.5428 said:

I expect? How do I expect this, pray tell?

Extremely short 4-minute memory, I guess:

13 minutes ago, Azureus.5428 said:

Two players in early zones are a force which demolishes any champion without any particular difficulty. Three is just silly. So truly, an emptier 25-60 zone (not empty, mind you, because the MS will just compress people again...

Say, I've just realized. No matter how we split the maps, the system will still make them as full as possible, so your argument is pretty much invalid. XD

6 minutes ago, Azureus.5428 said:

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

It'll just happen, I have no say in this. It's far from expecting anything. You all seem to have a knack for projecting your thoughts on another people.

Oh well, I am so sowwy I'd like a coherent game and do not care about having a millyun people to support me in bashing mobs made out of fluff. 😄 

• Confused 2

2 minutes ago, Azureus.5428 said:

It'll just happen, I have no say in this. It's far from expecting anything.

Oh, so now your point is that you're not "expecting it", you just "know it will happen"? Well, that changes literally nothing from what I said. (to be clear: I see 0 difference between these two ways of wording it 🤷‍♂️)

"I don't expect it, it will just happen" -like... what? 😅

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Azureus.5428 said:

Get back to mass looting, because your trolling skills are below any kind of standard measure. 😄

Nothing "trolly" about me understanding what words mean, while you clearly don't (lets look on the positives though: you've learned the meaning of that word today):

expect

verb
  1. regard (something) as likely to happen.

You're trying to grasp at straws in a futile attempt to claim you "you just knowing it will happen" somehow doesn't mean "you're expecting it" :classic_blink:

You also acknowledged those zones already aren't zerged. You then also wrote 2-3 players is already too many in those zones. Then you also said those zones will be filled anyways. And yet you're still trying to call me a troll. I see, I see. 🤦‍♂️

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

Sure.

The conclusion is: turning the maps into story-dependant instances would have no significant influence on the population densities, because of the megaserver, so nobody has provided a single working argument against the idea.

What would happen is that all the ascended-clad, overly powerful veterans would smash things in their own instances, leaving the noobs to actually learning how to play the game.

Edited by Azureus.5428
  • Confused 3

17 minutes ago, Azureus.5428 said:

Sure.

The conclusion is: turning the maps into story-dependant instances would have no significant influence on the population densities, because of the megaserver, so nobody has provided a single working argument against the idea.

The conclusion is: there is no reason to further divide the low level zones. Your argument against it was "because other maps are zerged", but that's irrelevant because the zones being discussed here already aren't zerged -you know that since you've acknowledged as much already before. Then you flipped into "but I want to solo [low level] champions, but 2-3 players is already too many for those, but I also realise those players will still be there so what I want still won't happen anyways" 🤷‍♂️

17 minutes ago, Azureus.5428 said:

What would happen is that all the ascended-clad, overly powerful veterans would smash things in their own instances, leaving the noobs to actually learning how to play the game.

So how does that influence you? You'd make a new character and abuse new player zone instances for you own purpose? How noble. 🙄 

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

The conclusion is: there is no reason to further divide the low level zones. Your argument against it was "because other maps are zerged", but that's irrelevant because the zones being discussed here already aren't zerged -you know that since you've acknowledged as much already before. Then you flipped into "but I want to solo [low level] champions, but 2-3 players is already too many for those, but I also realise those players will still be there so what I want still won't happen anyways" 🤷‍♂️

Do you understand that the population argument was not something I brought into this discussion, as I only care about the storyline being coherent? 

And that the argument about population was faulty, because there won't be any shift in densities, because that's how megaserver works?

• Confused 2