After this patch

2 minutes ago, Law D Dorma.9362 said:

Greatest non-answer I could hope for... cheers

Tell me what profession you like, thematically or from a gameplay perspective, and I tell you how you could easily solo most open world content.
I am personally playing as a warrior most of the time. Double Dagger Spellbreaker is a beast.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Scalacious.4139 said:

Tell me what profession you like, thematically or from a gameplay perspective, and I tell you how you could easily solo most open world content.
I am personally playing as a warrior most of the time. Double Dagger Spellbreaker is a beast.

It doesnt matter the gameplay mechanics, I can learn to play the spec. My problem is that I dont want to level up every single class and then each spec just so I discover that some of them just get one shot in open world. I did that mistake with a Daredevil.

• Confused 3

Just play whichever you have most fun with. To me, that Dagger/Dagger Spellbreaker.

You can always adjust your survivability with Vitality equipment (for example, Marauder or Dragon instead of Berserker), traits and utilities.

Edited by Fueki.4753
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, Law D Dorma.9362 said:

Could you link the build please ? 

I have no link, since it's my personal one.

Discipline: Warrior's Spring, Destruction of the Empowered, Axe Mastery

Strength: Restorative Strength, Forceful Greatsword, Might Makes Right

Spellbreaker: Pure Strike, Sun and Moon Style, Magebane Tether

Weapons: Dagger/Dagger and Axe/Axe

Utilities: Natural healing, Featherfoot Grace, Balanced Stance, Bull's Charge, Hounds of Balthazar

I use Runes of Strength and Berserker equipment, but it should work with equal efficiency on Marauder and Dragon.

Do note that this is a very casual build brewed by someone (me) who may well be close to the epitome of being casual, so it will work fine in Open World and Tier 1/2 fractals. However, I can't judge its performance in any content that is harder than that. Even the second half of the EoD storyline became rather challenging for me using this setup.

Edited by Fueki.4753

2 minutes ago, TOAD.4718 said:

Are there really open world builds that die a lot? I did so many world bosses the other day on my Ranger that I followed absolutely NO build on and he did fine with his full exotic gear.

In Core Tyria no build should have any problems in the overworld. Some are better (faster) than others of course, but you should be able to 100% the map without any real problems. The expansions however can be quite difficult sometimes, especially hero point challenges. The bigger influence, however, is how you play and whether you are familiar with all the mechanics, rather than what equipment you wear.

13 minutes ago, TOAD.4718 said:

Are there really open world builds that die a lot? I did so many world bosses the other day on my Ranger that I followed absolutely NO build on and he did fine with his full exotic gear.

It heavily depends on where you are on the open world and which content you do.

During world bosses, you are likely to be supported by support players that almost always pop up at world bosses, so chances of dying there are slim.

But if you get eaten by Pocket Raptors in HoT, or hit a nest of Forged or Harpies in PoF, or think you can get by with a glass cannon build in EoD, then dying in the open world is not all that small for average players.