Quickness Chrono too difficult?

AlopiasGW.1932

Hi,

I play Quickness Berserker, Quickness Herald and Quickness Chrono regulary. I feel Quickness Chrono is way more difficult to play without having considerable benefits. If I take one of the god like utility skills e.g Portal it is an immediate DPS loss. It feels very punishing. What do you think?

Edited by AlopiasGW.1932

50 minutes ago, AlopiasGW.1932 said:

Hi,

I play Quickness Berserker, Quickness Herald and Quickness Chrono regulary. I feel Quickness Chrono is way more difficult to play without having considerable benefits. If I take one of the god like utility skills e.g Portal it is an immediate DPS loss. It feels very punishing. What do you think?

Sadly it has to be played either full support or with alot of boon duration from sigils and runes. 

With enough boon duration is becomes infinitely easier and alot of new builds open up like be able to spam shatters for more on-demand quickness especially at the start where you might not be able generate 3 clones quickly. 

Otherwise is fine, you won't get the 25k of Alacrity Mirage but you will definitely get over 15k.

55 minutes ago, AlopiasGW.1932 said:

Good point, but compared to the other quickness classes too difficut. You also need to consider that no other classes need to have a target to generate quickness. This is another added difficulty without reward

Well they try to make easy builds for every profession in this game. Of course more challenging builds will be punished and left without reward. Nothing that can be done

Edited by Mik.3401
  • Confused 1

It's harder to play with bare minimum boon duration.
However, chrono has well of precog (pulsing aegis) and moa signet (near instant breakbar) as well as mantra of concentration (AoE stability). All of these are extremely powerful skills.

Edit: also quickness berserker as opposed to spellbreaker, quickness firebrand, and quickness catalyst don't have boon rip and running mallyx guts herald DPS so on something like keep construct or vale guardian your main alternative is scrapper which needs mine kit for boon rip.

Edited by Infusion.7149
  • Like 1

Here is slightly easier build that loses small dps, but it's less complicated and easier, at least compared to meta builds:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PiwAEx7lVwaYTsN2JOyKdNXA-zRRYbRNGOszICVQFSBreQCku/kitten-e

You have decent amount of boon duration, and you don't need to flank your target for max dps. It still has the difficulty of Chronomancer rotation, but it avoids adding any further difficulty. The only downside is the fact that it needs infusions for reaching 100% crit chance. You can easily get them from WvW if needed. These won't give agony, but you don't need extra crit from infusions in factals, as you can turn agony into precision there.

You can make any changes you need to the build, you can even use concentration + power food if you want if you still struggle with quickness uptime.

Edited by Nezekan.2671