Please allow Auras to cap at 10 seconds like Superspeed.

LegohBrave.1823

Very simple request from a long time Tempest that you allow Tempests to time stack auras up to 10 seconds like Superspeed recently received. This would make it more consistent and Tempests won't have to worry about using aftershock right after sand squall and missing out on an additional 4 seconds of magnetic aura.

This isnt about adding anything additional to the class, it's about less waste on the class for it's primary special ability, aurashare.

I am willing to say skip it for PVP and PVE if we can at least add it to WVW. 10 man shouts were removed which I accept, and we can either Healshare or give alac but not both, but give us the ability to not have to specifically time auras without wasting them. I would even accept 8 seconds, just something more than the current time of the aura (5.5 seconds with radiance runes currently) (6.8 seconds with radiance runes and improved fire aura)

Thank you.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

It would be nice but i would also like to see them as well as super speed to be strip-able if that the path anet goes with auras (and what they have done with super speed).

A type of boon that has very low duration but high impact. Quickness and alacrity may need to fall into this type as well.

There was indeed too much superspeed. This was countered by lowering how MUCH superspeed they gave but you could always get a scrappers 5 seconds and then a herald could give 3 seconds and a tempest 3 seconds. This would result in your 10 seconds.

There is no way you will ever stack Tempests to get 10 seconds of perma auras. There's too much value lost in strips or corrupts or damage from other classes.

You would be able to give light aura to your allies, from a leap of a light field, and your allies could leap their own light field and youd get 8 seconds. Or you start an overload fire, and give Fire aura to allies and then use Feel the Burn and extend the fire aura to close to 10 seconds or if it was traited at least get the full 10 seconds.

As it currently stands when you get an aura it just overrides the time. A lot of the time Air is useless to some degree for some tempests and they just want to overload and use shocking aura. or rebound and swap to air and that results in 12 seconds of shocking aura wasted to a reapplication of 4 seconds within a few seconds. This happens quite a bit I can assure you.

I am not asking to make the class godly. I am asking for Anet to give us the ability to have LESS WASTE.

I am sorry but even with 8k+ hours on tempest, in the heat of wvw, I am not timing my auras, worrying about positioning, cleansing, healing, damaging, or any combo of 2 at the same time. There's far too much waste of aura application currently.

This would be much appreciated. I assure you that even though I am a mega Tempest fan, objectively, it is indeed warranted of a request to change.

• Like 1

I think some auras just are too powerful to be allowed to stack in time. Most notably shock aura and magnetic aura.

If they allow auras to stack in duration, I would expect this change to come with a major overhaul to auras in general to rebalance them, making some of the outstanders less powerful while bringing some other underperforming auras up in power level.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Kodama.6453 said:

I think some auras just are too powerful to be allowed to stack in time. Most notably shock aura and magnetic aura.

If they allow auras to stack in duration, I would expect this change to come with a major overhaul to auras in general to rebalance them, making some of the outstanders less powerful while bringing some other underperforming auras up in power level.

I would not mind seeing an rework to aura effects but they need to have more use then "must get hit to do something" or "must be applied to do something." Its always been the issues will ele auras the class worst at taking hits gets the most out of getting hit.

I think making super speed into an full boon and maybe deleting swiftness from the game (make it simply build in) maybe a better chose then trying to rework every thing to match super speed 10 sec effect.

2 minutes ago, Jski.6180 said:

I would not mind seeing an rework to aura effects but they need to have more use then "must get hit to do something" or "must be applied to do something." Its always been the issues will ele auras the class worst at taking hits gets the most out of getting hit.

I think making super speed into an full boon and maybe deleting swiftness from the game (make it simply build in) maybe a better chose then trying to rework every thing to match super speed 10 sec effect.

Reworking superspeed into a boon and make it replace swiftness either will lead to massive mobility increase or mobility decrease without extreme rework measures. Swiftness is just way too common to replace it entirely with superspeed, which is a pretty rare buff usually.

Agreed on the rework of aura effects to better have an effect that doesn't require to get hit, tho. They are auras, not armors, so the name already implies to me that they should "radiate" an effect instead of having just an effect when you get hit...

1 minute ago, Kodama.6453 said:

Reworking superspeed into a boon and make it replace swiftness either will lead to massive mobility increase or mobility decrease without extreme rework measures. Swiftness is just way too common to replace it entirely with superspeed, which is a pretty rare buff usually.

Agreed on the rework of aura effects to better have an effect that doesn't require to get hit, tho. They are auras, not armors, so the name already implies to me that they should "radiate" an effect instead of having just an effect when you get hit...

Well ya that would be the point let classes who dont have ports have a means of keeping up with ports/jumps. In no way should it be an simple replacement i just think swiftness is so easy to keep up for most classes and with the passive non boon of +25% to +40% its pointless to even have the boon in the game.

Auras need to be less specialized in there effects if they are must be hit base then they should work vs any one who hits them with any effect. BUT if your not getting hit they should have passive effects at least that gives you an buff for having them up. Not every thing in this game needs to be pure aggressive. I also want to see more aura types and to make leap combs become the self aura generation giving more classes the ability to get any arua in the game as well as giving more classes "class transmutation" base aura effects.

On 12/9/2022 at 6:37 PM, LightBrave.5638 said:

Very simple request from a long time Tempest that you allow Tempests to time stack auras up to 10 seconds like Superspeed recently received. This would make it more consistent and Tempests won't have to worry about using aftershock right after sand squall and missing out on an additional 4 seconds of magnetic aura.

This isnt about adding anything additional to the class, it's about less waste on the class for it's primary special ability, aurashare.

I am willing to say skip it for PVP and PVE if we can at least add it to WVW. 10 man shouts were removed which I accept, and we can either Healshare or give alac but not both, but give us the ability to not have to specifically time auras without wasting them. I would even accept 8 seconds, just something more than the current time of the aura (5.5 seconds with radiance runes currently) (6.8 seconds with radiance runes and improved fire aura)

Thank you.

Boons can be stripped though (even though the keep nerfing every strip).  Auras literally have no counter but to stop attacking.

On 12/13/2022 at 2:22 AM, LightBrave.5638 said:

I am not asking to make the class godly

YES YOU ARE XDDD

Tempest with Earthshield and Conjurer Trait can already maintain 100% uptime on reflects and projectilehate.  If i now didnt even have to pay attention to not overlap them to achieve this.....  it would be a godly class.

I am already arguing that tempest, just the way it is right now, is the strongest class in WvW. Its without a doubt meta for Zergs, and the Cele version is already a MONSTER in smallscale.