strike missions

gashen.3874

i am having a bad time trying to get the turtle mount

kaineng strike mission is all i need to get thruster control unit, i have watched the tutorials on you tube and have a fair idea about the mechanics but i get kicked by some people and can,t get any where.

why don,t anet make this an item you can purchase and not prevent people from progressing.

i have seen this matter brought up before on the forums, but nothing ever seems to change 

• Like 3
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

The items is there, because Arenanet needs at least some extrinsic incentive to bring people into different game modes. As the others mentioned, just start your own group.

I don't think this issue belongs into the forum for technical support.

Edited by Fueki.4753
  • Confused 1

Are you joining groups in the Experienced tab and/or not being upfront about your experience level? Are you signing up for a specific role (a boon provider or DPS) and then not fulfilling that role? There are pretty frequently groups running KO with inexperienced players who just want to get their turtle, so I'd be asking yourself why you're getting kicked from squads, especially if it's happened more than once.

But like others said, if you post up on LFG that you're new to Strikes and just want to get your turtle, you'll likely fill up fast, and often times you'll get at least one experienced player who doesn't mind commanding. 

• Confused 1

7 hours ago, Linken.6345 said:

Well start your on group in the lfg?

For turtle all welcome and you will see it filled with 9 other people like you or you might even get some people willing to teach it mate.

95% of people refuse to start groups for some reason

I often refuse to start my own groups because I hate "subgrouping" as commander. It is way easier to join to someones else group because then you  don't have to think how to do subgrouping or which roles are needed and when. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

9 hours ago, samsar.9152 said:

I often refuse to start my own groups because I hate "subgrouping" as commander. It is way easier to join to someones else group because then you  don't have to think how to do subgrouping or which roles are needed and when. 

of course it's more "work" to sort this yourself, but that comes with the privilege of deciding who gets to join your squad and who doesn't. Plus this is the reason why there aren't that many LFG groups 

On 12/13/2022 at 4:24 PM, Fueki.4753 said:

The items is there, because Arenanet needs at least some extrinsic incentive to bring people into different game modes.

All that's needed for that is for that mode to be fun, and not be excessively unrewarding. Make sure of those two things, and people will come. If they won't, then you have failed in at least one of those (often at both).

• Confused 3

4 hours ago, Cuks.8241 said:

You should have no problem joining a group once its daily. Never saw anyone kicked in this strike and there were players that died on first phase. Unlucky. 

Unless you joined cm group. 

Like with IBS strikes, most groups that come up now are "fast" groups, meaning they expect a good group composition and good damage so they can clear all four strikes in less than 45mins.

10 minutes ago, Mariyuuna.6508 said:

Like with IBS strikes, most groups that come up now are "fast" groups, meaning they expect a good group composition and good damage so they can clear all four strikes in less than 45mins.

Starting your own and saying new player wanting turtle is the way to go then.

Might take some waiting but it will be done when you find 9 other people.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2