Whats Your experience of Fractal CMs + UFE Groups?

Whiskey.1932

I'm very interested in hearing about your experiences with CMs UFE. I joined 15k ufe groups which are rly toxic and instant leave with 1 wipe or mistake, by noticing they even dont know basic mechanics.  I also have experience with 2k ufe groups which went much more smooth. Even after 1 or 2 wipes we cleared the CMs + T4 in 40 - 50 mins.15k groups feel like a fake. PPl want to be carried by good hfb and alac without care about anything else. For me it feels like 2k ufe groups try hard and give all to win. Higher groups want to be carried and blame everyone else, even if they are themselves the problem. Whats your experience?

Edited by Whiskey.1932

• Whiskey.1932 changed the title to Whats Your experience of Fractal CMs + UFE Groups?

For me it's kind of a mix. Sometimes i ran with total noobs/ppls that tried to be carried that wanted me to have 1k, 2k, 5k, 10, 15, 20 ect and sometimes all players were doing good enough no matter how much ufe they had. But for most runs I can see the diffrence in time of the clear between low ufe and high ufe groups. High ufe groups generally tends to know their professions and encounters better which resoults in faster clears, but as I mentioned at the beginning there are exceptions.

As for toxicity, i met them both in low ufe (lying about skill/build/experience) and high ufe (complaining bout 1s cc too soon).

Edited by Biziut.3594

All I'll say is you can make a 15k UFE group on the LFG and your success rate at clearing the CMs will be about the same if you just put "All CMs EXP/food+pots/Any"

The problem is simple, in order to reach very high amounts of killproof players often burn out, and after they burn out they just don't care anymore. They lose all passion for it and expect to just be carried because they already "did their part". Not everyone is like this, but in my experience any reasonbly seasoned player will have some degree of burnout and that's why they make groups with strict requirements to begin with.

Its not because they're tired of "casuals", its that they're tired of the game, and that affects alot of things. They're only there to chase a daily carrot to add to their big pile of existing carrots they don't know what to do with.

That's why I always encourage players not to sweat too much, because its dangerous.

Edited by Mariyuuna.6508

Depends on the group. KP reflects experience, not skill. There's no way to tell if someone grinded their first 5k in pugs or got carried by friends every time.

Though the biggest red flag for me is joining a group asking for X amount of KP and none of them having even half of what they asked for. In that case leaving after 1 wipe is justified.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Mariyuuna.6508 said:

All I'll say is you can make a 15k UFE group on the LFG and your success rate at clearing the CMs will be about the same if you just put "All CMs EXP/food+pots/Any"

The problem is simple, in order to reach very high amounts of killproof players often burn out, and after they burn out they just don't care anymore. They lose all passion for it and expect to just be carried because they already "did their part". Not everyone is like this, but in my experience any reasonbly seasoned player will have some degree of burnout and that's why they make groups with strict requirements to begin with.

Its not because they're tired of "casuals", its that they're tired of the game, and that affects alot of things. They're only there to chase a daily carrot to add to their big pile of existing carrots they don't know what to do with.

That's why I always encourage players not to sweat too much, because its dangerous.

I don't really buy that.  Sure, if the player is previously experienced but out of practice, they might have forgotten some of the finer points that make the difference between experienced and not.  But just not trying hard enough?  I think it's more likely that for the majority of players, CM fractals are actually pretty difficult content and no matter how much they practice they will have issues with performance and consistency. 

Put these players in a group where the other 4 players are just that good (and your chances of finding that are probably higher as you climb in total UFE) and you get a smooth run.  But if too many players in the group are in over their heads despite extensive practice and familiarity with the encounters, and a smooth run is far from guaranteed.

It's sort of like me and FPS games.  I could play Call of Duty for years and know everything about it.  I can try my hardest every match.  But I'm just never going to keep up with the standard of play that players who are truly great at that type of game are capable of.  They don't have to do anything special or try hard to beat me.  They're just much better than I am at that type of gameplay and no amount of practice on my part will change that.

• Like 1

On 12/15/2022 at 5:37 AM, Whiskey.1932 said:

I joined 15k ufe groups which are rly toxic and instant leave with 1 wipe or mistake, by noticing they even dont know basic mechanics.

Why do you join 15k UFE groups when you have 3k UFE by yourself?

I also have experience with 2k ufe groups which went much more smooth.

I agree, but 2k UFE requirement doesn't mean all in your group have ~2k UFE. Some bring a lot more UFE. It's just a reference number no matter what. Arcdps doesn't lie. What makes a big difference is the strategy+DPS+boons...positioning, stay sticky (for example: HFB mantra radius isn't huge; if you don't care you won't have boons), bring enough cc.

Depending on your comp HFB should know when to pump out stability or aegis, reflects. Most people dodge to much. You can avoid many attacks by your movement/positioning. While dodging you waste DPS, maybe CC too.

PPl want to be carried by good hfb and alac without care about anything else.

Yes and no, because you can expect all boons you need for DPS + situational boons (stability, aegis) + reflects which means you can play your role as mentioned (CC is still a group thing). We have many short phases in fractals which means when DPS and CC is good too you (sometimes) don't have to care about mechanics. There is the difference between less experienced players and experienced players in fractals.

• Thanks 1

My experience is that on average high kp groups are better than low UFE groups. I join 10-15k groups now usually and you can really tell the difference with 2k groups by quite a lot. A lot of people have fractal god and pump a lot of dps. Little skips are also much more widely known. 

The 1 thing I do encounter is people wanting to do runs without healers and that going a lot worse than maybe a lower UFE group with a healer. I honestly just prefer spending 20s per boss more and reduce the risk of wiping to a minimum with a healer.

In a 10k group you usually 1-shot everything in my experience. But when things go south, people are quick to instantly leave yeah, which is annoying.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/17/2022 at 10:06 AM, Wolfshade.9251 said:

There's no way to tell if someone grinded their first 5k in pugs or got carried by friends every time.

Well there is...because there's no such thing as a pug without UFE requirements. (which is the reason why I stopped fractals, I was ready to step up to challenge modes but they're walled off)

Edited by Nazarick.9653

38 minutes ago, Nazarick.9653 said:

Well there is...because there's no such thing as a pug without UFE requirements. (which is the reason why I stopped fractals, I was ready to step up to challenge modes but they're walled off)

Find 4 others like you by advertsing in the lfg section of the forum and start learning like everyone else?

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/forum/35-looking-for-group/

• Thanks 2

On 1/2/2023 at 2:35 AM, Nazarick.9653 said:

As cliche as it will sound, you can always start your own group in LFG. Then you get to set whichever requirements you want, I recommend ''chill group, know mechanics'' or something similar for a start. All you need is 3 DPS, healer, quickness and alacrity (either quick or alacrity provider is a healer at the same time).

On 1/1/2023 at 7:35 PM, Nazarick.9653 said:

You're not looking to step into existing groups, what you're looking for is "progression". You would put up an LFG listing for something like "CM 100 training/progression" and players know you're trying to learn it.'

You may even get lucky and get a clear after so many tries.

Edited by Mariyuuna.6508

On 1/3/2023 at 7:06 PM, Mariyuuna.6508 said:

You're not looking to step into existing groups, what you're looking for is "progression". You would put up an LFG listing for something like "CM 100 training/progression" and players know you're trying to learn it.'

You may even get lucky and get a clear after so many tries.

But It's toxic elitism to gatekeep inexperienced players from joining experienced groups 😡

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Krzysztof.5973 said:

But It's toxic elitism to gatekeep inexperienced players from joining experienced groups 😡

Experienced players will join these groups anyway, and carry if necessary. It happens all the time with the Keining Overlook strike mission, often put in the training tab in search of a clear for the turtle mount.

I've seen this strike 1shot by pugs with 60% of the squad having never done it before.

The mistake alot of inexperienced players make that ends up with it being labelled toxic is they're trying to join experienced groups instead of getting experienced players to join theirs.

Edited by Mariyuuna.6508
  • Like 2