Maces are really meh

Zekent.3652

The only warrior build that really uses maces, is a niche one from PvP and ONLY ONE skill provides condis, and mace offhand rn feels like dagger offhand, a filler weapon. Since banners lost its unique boons and hammer dagger/axe spellbreaker is just better than maces for PvE, you just don't use maces anymore and being honest, even when maces were on a better spot back in the day, maces weren't that great.

My suggests are:

-Speed up autos.
-Make it hybrid, like swords, but confusion condi instead of bleeding.
-Give confusion generation on mace, on other skill than just F1 berserker.

And now i ran out of ideas, do you guys have any other suggest, any ideas to improve mace offhand?

• Like 4

• Mace 2 now blocks for the full Duration. You get Adrenalin for every attack blocked and you can manually press the skill again to use Counterblow.
  • Mace 3 is now a leap.
  • Mace 5 is now a Cone instead of a Projectile.
  • Earthshaker is a 807 (2.0) in PvE and Aoe. So why is Skullcracker, which is singletarget only 550(1.5)? Needs alot more Dmg.
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

I played them for a while and a lot of things, but I forgot where I stayed XD They are completely forgettable weapons, they are more tank oriented than the hammer (in regards to CC), but the lack of things for traits and practically no benefits drives them away enough of that, also nothing stopped you from using hammer and mace/war horn except mobility, It was great that you had the option to be a tank-support hammer mace/mace but it was practically impossible to support your allies other than just leaving your enemies vulnerable or interrupting their finishers, banners weren't much help at that time either, but now the exaggerated mobility with which you have to face and the stability spam, blocks, invis, invulnerability, blinded and others, that if they were before but now it is too exaggerated, and now anet tries to guide everything to damage does not help at all by I don't know what logic, when the objectives of the weapons were: axes - damage, swords - condition damage and maces - tank CC.

I also completely forgot how I would improve them so that they fulfill their main role of tank-support, without losing the possibility of also being damage and condition oriented, even though the condition thing was more into weapons, what I do remember is Yes or if they need more damage and impacts in areas, apart from mobility, but that is almost lacking in almost all of the warrior's weapons.

Something improvised
AA: First hit applies cripple, second hit applies cripple and vulnerability, third hit applies cripple, vulnerability and weakness.

2: You taunt your target and grant yourself protection, resolve and super speed in addition to blocking, now triggers counterstrike as another usable ability instead of triggering on its own and it now applies weakness and removes 2 boons giving priority to protection and stability.

3: gives adrenaline when used and hits in the area, removes protection and resolution from the target in addition to giving you Quickness, this is basically for you to hit with the 1 and does not remove other blessings than those

4: cripple, weakens and slows, if it hits you get boons and barrier, reduces the recharge of the burst ability and gives adrenaline.

5: now there are 2 hits in the area, instead of being a projectile, the first slows and weakens causing damage and the second knocks down for 2 seconds removing protection and resolution.

F1: Scales both his damage and CC per level, now only has a 2s max stun, but is an area hit with a jump.
Mace upgrade now grants barrier to 5 allies and respawns downed allies by % when you CC an enemy, reduces cooldown of mace skills by 20%
Most are unblockable attacks.

It motivated me a lot, maybe they are not so bad for so much XD

I think the mace offhand is in a good position. I do think the mace 5 can get a little buggy when casting and turning 180 to target someone else. But for the most part it hits exactly what/who I want it to. 

The 5 has a big range that knocksdown and can hit multiple people. 

The 4 can hit really hard and hits multiple people as well. 

Edited by GrosseVogel.8503
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, GrosseVogel.8503 said:

I think the mace offhand is in a good position. I do think the mace 5 can get a little buggy when casting and turning 180 to target someone else. But for the most part it hits exactly what/who I want it to. 

The 5 has a big range that knocksdown and can hit multiple people. 

The 4 can hit really hard and hits multiple people as well. 

The problem on Tremor is that it is a projectile and gets reflected/destroyed often. Crushing Blow is fine, it just needs a faster cast time.

• Like 2

Warrior mace should do more damage than mechanist mace and probably have confusion added onto it since it doesn't have support built in. Arenanet doesn't want to have hard CC loaded with large amounts of power damage. Since confusion is not activated during a CC it makes perfect sense that confusion is added to maces.

The only thing I can see that Arenanet would consider strong is the weakness uptime on mace with Cull the Weak applied along with Merciless Hammer. I'd much rather the damage be innate to the weapon than relying on massive situational 20% damage bonuses.

• Like 2