CRAZY Deadeye DAMAGE IN SECONDS!

Solomonlike.7631

46 minutes ago, Gehenna.3625 said:

Just because it was worse in the past doesn't make it fine. And besides, the initial burst takes less than 2 seconds which is barely enough time (considering stealth) to see where the damage is coming from. And when you have your bearings, you're already down to 10% of your health. So the extra seconds you're doing everything you can to stay alive popping your health skill and dodge, etc. but while you're doing that they just keep shooting from a distance of 1500 range and you're not able to do much dps to them if any at all. And if you do survive, then they just stealth again and wait to do it again and that time you're dcd's and heal haven't recharged yet.

You may feel that it's ok that there are classes that can get your health down this fast from stealth but I think it's not conducive to the WvW experience to not have such classses balanced. I mean stealthing out of combat, highest range, high burst DPS and mobility (superspeed upon stealthing). Yeah, "but they're fragile"...that's got to be the lamest excuse for having all of those things.

Seriously? how long do you want a fight to last exactly? 4 second give you ample time to react. You can easily dodge twice in 4 seconds while your foe is spending lavishly it's initiative. A deadeye will put a mark on you, it's a big target above your head, you know something it's coming when it happen. Also, if they are shooting you from afar, just bring reflect. This way they will be shooting themself. (and don't tell me warrior don't have that, it does. It's in defense)

• Like 1
  • Confused 5

1 hour ago, Dadnir.5038 said:

Seriously? how long do you want a fight to last exactly? 4 second give you ample time to react. You can easily dodge twice in 4 seconds while your foe is spending lavishly it's initiative. A deadeye will put a mark on you, it's a big target above your head, you know something it's coming when it happen. Also, if they are shooting you from afar, just bring reflect. This way they will be shooting themself. (and don't tell me warrior don't have that, it does. It's in defense)

While i agree that the dmg is very much reactable and nothing out of the ordinary,  (SA) DE is still problematic, because it can spam that sort of dmg over and over and over again, while at the same time being impossible to counter pressure for most builds. And eventually you will run out of defenses (unless you are a thief yourself ofc ...).

And warrior might be one of the worst classes at dealing with DE.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

17 hours ago, Solomonlike.7631 said:

Deadeye main detected. In case you lack comprehension skills, that was unsuspected damage all in a matter of 3-4 seconds against someone running full toughness. I was trying to figure out what killed me so I pulled up the log. How is this ok? Explain. 

Birds of feather. I expected at least one clown to show up. Looks like it's two. 

Not sure what being new to WvW has to do with unsuspected crazy damage in a matter of seconds against a target with high toughness. Literally running up the stairs and this happened. It wasn't a 1v1 scenario. Please explain how being new to WvW caused this. I'll be awaiting your response. 

should check out full glass nades scrapper if you think deadeye can do fast damage 😛

I feel the Knight's stats are also a trap.  You won't do enough damage to be a threat.  This is a stat you only want a few pieces of or none at all.  The best power damage stats for toughness are Soldier's and Captain's.  You can mix these with Berserker's and Maurader's.  If you have good might access you can also mix in Dragon's stats as well.

2 hours ago, Dadnir.5038 said:

I don't play Warrior in WvW, so no idea why you bring up warrior. 

But yes I do have reflect but it's not omni-directional and has a hefty cd, which means that they can fake a shot and I will use it then and before the cd is over they can go back to stealth and try again. Also I have to aim it and to aim it right I have to know which directions it's coming from. So in essence the damage is done before I can use my reflect in the right direction. Not everybody has lightning fast reflexes you know.

As for how long a fight should last...it's not about that actuall. It's the fact that when someone can burst from stealth and do that much damage then it's basically over before it started. But to answer your question I'd like fights to last probably around 5-10 seconds and without that unequality right at the start. Besides, if you find 3-4 seconds long enough for a fight then the Mark of the Deadeye should last 3-4 seconds as well instead of 30.

And the mark doesn't tell you where it's coming from anyways and it has a range of 1500. It's not like when they mark someone that they can't move anymore either. So in the end you can know when there's a Deadeye there but you can't know for sure when they will strike or from which direction.

• Like 7

3 hours ago, Dadnir.5038 said:

Maybe because the person that opened the thread is one. I'd look at the very first post if I were you.

Well, your comments were directed at me. So it's reasonable to assume that you were still talking to me when you mentioned warrior. This grievance is not just from the warrior pov after all.

Edited by Gehenna.3625
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Solomonlike.7631 said:

Who said anything about wanting to be unkillable? You said a whole bunch of nothing so it's not even worth responding. Thank you for your reply though. 

I literally told you how to survive, but if you don't want to learn how to play the game that's fine, more bags for your opponents.

If you can't react to getting DPSed down within a 3-4 second window this probably isn't the game mode for you.

• Confused 4

Failry new to WvW - so Welcome 🙂
Is this kind of damage normal for a Deadeye - yes
Please tell me this is not the norm - ok I won't tell you
If so, the something is seriously wrong here - look, the only thing that I question about that screenshot is.... Emote List.

I answered the questions you had on your post.
I am not going to offer any advice because honestly you wouldn't want it anyway.
I can send you a box of tissues for your issues if that brings you any comfort.

Very telling that no one in this thread has mentioned that Binding Shadow applies 15 stacks of Vulnerability (AKA +15% more damage) and OP got hit by it according to their combat log. All the confused reacts in here make sense since few people know what skills do, or what skills to dodge, or how to condi cleanse apparently. Yes, if you're in full tank gear and you get hit by a +15% damage debuff, you will die nearly as fast as a non-tank without the debuff. Nothing special there and Deadeyes aren't the only ones who can do that sort of thing. 

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 4

On 12/26/2022 at 8:33 AM, Gehenna.3625 said:

I don't play Warrior in WvW, so no idea why you bring up warrior. 

But yes I do have reflect but it's not omni-directional and has a hefty cd, which means that they can fake a shot and I will use it then and before the cd is over they can go back to stealth and try again. Also I have to aim it and to aim it right I have to know which directions it's coming from. So in essence the damage is done before I can use my reflect in the right direction. Not everybody has lightning fast reflexes you know.

As for how long a fight should last...it's not about that actuall. It's the fact that when someone can burst from stealth and do that much damage then it's basically over before it started. But to answer your question I'd like fights to last probably around 5-10 seconds and without that unequality right at the start. Besides, if you find 3-4 seconds long enough for a fight then the Mark of the Deadeye should last 3-4 seconds as well instead of 30.

And the mark doesn't tell you where it's coming from anyways and it has a range of 1500. It's not like when they mark someone that they can't move anymore either. So in the end you can know when there's a Deadeye there but you can't know for sure when they will strike or from which direction.

What did they burst you down with "out of stealth" if they hadn't even given themselves away by Marking you yet. If they Marked you, I feel like that shouldn't have been a couple seconds burst.