Nerf Binding Shadow

Zex Anthon.8673

9 minutes ago, TrollingDemigod.3041 said:

Teef not having sustain X D
1st January and we have already contender for greatest joke of 2023, impressive.

It technically doesn't have much sustain. Its just that when hardly anyone can hit you, how much sustain do you really need?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

56 minutes ago, Morwath.9817 said:

Being glass cannon without sutain, punished by projectile denial and reflects.

Who has access to the highest ranged dps in the game and permanent invisibility. I'm not advocating to destroying Binding Shadow, just to bring it in line with other abilities. Right now it counters its own counter by removing stability and applying knockdown. How is that healthy for the game? The skill would still be powerful without immob, poison, and boon rip.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

2 hours ago, Zex Anthon.8673 said:

Who has access to the highest ranged dps in the game

I belive Ranger LB is better than DE rifle in PVP for dps.

Is Binding Shadow a big deal in PVP to the point you see DE with this skill in every match ? I mean yes the skill is overload when you read it but does it that much play in match ? I'm not sure.

Btw I play DE in PVP and I dont recommand this skill for the majority of case because in solo Q it's better to take a bit more survability

• Like 2

On 12/30/2022 at 2:51 AM, Zex Anthon.8673 said:

I know trashing ele is the hot thing to do right now, but holy kitten how is this skill so loaded. Knockdown, immob, poison, vulnerability, and boon rip. All at 1200 range.

It's funny how differently we see this. Any enemy DE I notice using BS is free farm. Because I have extra mobility/stunbreak instead. Worst case scenario: I fail to evade it, so I just stunbreak and counterpressure.
But you see... I never really get hit by it. I have to be preoccupied, out of dodges, blinds, ranged interrupts and stunbreaks to get punished by this skill. The thing is, if you are already out of all your cooldowns, you are dying regardless.

So I'm not saying "please don't nerf Binding Shadow", because it's already useless. You can "smitersboon it" for all I care. It's just funny how such a non issue generates nerf-threads on the forums.

• Like 1

On 12/31/2022 at 2:12 PM, Dr Meta.3158 said:

It has a tell, its just really hard to see. You get a red indicator going up your body before it hits. Its just another thing to focus on while surveying the land for possible spots for them to come out of stealth from while listening out for death's judgement all at once. Its the sort of stimulus overload characteristic of clone spam mesmers and the current scepter elementalist variants.

I want slightly more of a tell. Warrior longbow 5 pin and ranger longbow 4 technically had animations, but they still added a bigger tell so that it would feel better and more fair to fight.

The rest of it I can deal with. I feel like I'm being perma-dazed sometimes with s/d ambush, and rifle ambush hits me at the same time the sound cue goes off because of ping, but if I'm dealing with 2s dazes and stunbreaking them to try and effectively dps-race the deadeye to the death, I need to be able to dodge the 3s knockdown somehow with my potato computer's 20 fps. I just need a bit more of a visible tell when I'm spinning my camera around and my screen's turning pink from daze.

Edited by FrigginManatees.1268

2 minutes ago, FrigginManatees.1268 said:

I want slightly more of a tell. Warrior longbow 5 pin and ranger longbow 4 technically had animations, but they still added a bigger tell so that it would feel better and more fair to fight.

The rest of it I can deal with. I feel like I'm being perma-dazed sometimes with s/d ambush and rifle ambush hits me at the same time the sound cue goes off because of ping, but if I'm dealing with 2s dazes and stunbreaking them to try and effectively dps-race the deadeye to the death, I need to be able to dodge the 3s knockdown somehow with my potato computer's 20 fps. I just need a bit more of a visible tell when I'm spinning my camera around and my screen's turning pink from daze.

It might be my old eyes but I can't tell the difference between ranger longbow 1, 3, and 4. Especially the knockback coming out of stealth. I just immediately stunbreak the knock back and dodge as soon as rapid fire comes flying.

Hell I fought ALIEN the other day. The pull on wrench is already hard to see as is and you have to slightly delay your dodge after it hits you to not be pulled. But if its done out of stealth, the beam is both invisible and doesn't make a sound. Coupled this with the ever present issue of guild war's stealth having an issue of loading the characters after leaving it even with high end computer components and well its just another reason why stealth in this game is horrible. Which, to be on topic, deadeye has tons of of.

I think overwatch has the best implementation of Invisibility on Sombra and the arenanet devs should copy it like blizzard copied the skyscale in wow. To those that doesn't know, Sombra's invisibility gives a speed boost, you are visible if you get close enough to an enemy, there is a forced delay between your attempt to fire and the gun actually firing to allow your character to load since firing forced the invisibility to end and sombra always speaks audibly when her invisibly ends. The audio cue and the forced delay gives time for her opponents to respond and counterplay which is good game design while still allowing stealth to be used for navigating the map safely and repositioning in key areas to strike. Arenanet needs to follow suit in their own design. Counterplay is a good thing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dr Meta.3158 said:

It might be my old eyes but I can't tell the difference between ranger longbow 1, 3, and 4. Especially the knockback coming out of stealth. I just immediately stunbreak the knock back and dodge as soon as rapid fire comes flying.

Hell I fought ALIEN the other day. The pull on wrench is already hard to see as is and you have to slightly delay your dodge after it hits you to not be pulled. But if its done out of stealth, the beam is both invisible and doesn't make a sound. Coupled this with the ever present issue of guild war's stealth having an issue of loading the characters after leaving it even with high end computer components and well its just another reason why stealth in this game is horrible. Which, to be on topic, deadeye has tons of of.

Counterplay is a good thing.

Ranger and warrior cc on their longbow both have white whispies coming out of it as a tell (ranger longbow just count the cd and predict it and the stealth tbh, or fake coming out of LoS and get them to shoot it into terrain).

The engi pull I think people these days cast it untargeted, then retarget at someone so there's no beam animation, regardless of stealth. Which could probably do with a better tell, but tbh just keep track of the cooldown and expect it if they stealth, or if they're just inactive for a second when they should be going offensive, then probably dodge cause they're casting it.

And I agree, counterplay is a good thing. People in gw2 tend to call for rebalancing instead of taking the time to figure out the counterplay to the meta, but honestly figuring that out is really rewarding. SSBM is still alive with no changes and people just figure out how to counter everything. Yoshi won a supermajor kitten.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, FrigginManatees.1268 said:

Ranger and warrior cc on their longbow both have white whispies coming out of it as a tell (ranger longbow just count the cd and predict it and the stealth tbh, or fake coming out of LoS and get them to shoot it into terrain).

The engi pull I think people these days cast it untargeted, then retarget at someone so there's no beam animation, regardless of stealth. Which could probably do with a better tell, but tbh just keep track of the cooldown and expect it if they stealth, or if they're just inactive for a second when they should be going offensive, then probably dodge cause they're casting it.

And I agree, counterplay is a good thing. People in gw2 tend to call for rebalancing instead of taking the time to figure out the counterplay to the meta, but honestly figuring that out is really rewarding. SSBM is still alive with no changes and people just figure out how to counter everything. Yoshi won a supermajor kitten.

Well if counting cooldowns and clairvoyance is what were using to counter bad game design than hell... Binding shadow is perfect then. Leave it be.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Dr Meta.3158 said:

Well if counting cooldowns and clairvoyance is what were using to counter bad game design than hell... Binding shadow is perfect then. Leave it be.

I mean GS+Longbow ranger is always simple. GS > press all buttons > longbow > press all buttons > repeat. All the buttons are always up basically each time they weapon swap, so when they use gs for 9 seconds or so, expect the longbow buttons to be coming. The only complexity comes from trying to control your pet, but other than that there's not much sneaky going on.

Edited by FrigginManatees.1268
gs
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1