Is weaver better for open world exploration?

Axl.8924

As a general tip for staff builds, running Elementals helps make your life easier. They're a constant source of DPS. They take enemy aggro off of you, which lets you focus less on staying alive and more on dropping your damaging AoEs. 

All 3 elite specs are good in their own right. 

Tempest has great sustain and has no trouble keeping 25 might and fury on itself at all times. Its also a welcome sight in meta trains. 

If you're using staff on Tempest, I reccomend something with condition damage. Cele, Carrion, Viper, ect. Staff gets a lot of milage out of bleeding/burning and you can fill in the gaps between your CDs with your overloads. 

Weaver has godlike personal sustain thanks to all the barriers it gives itself. It's best played with sword in open world for a variety of reasons. 

I don't personally reccomend power staff weaver for open world if you're looking for a smooth time. Between the small AoEs, the fact that you need to attune twice to access your personal sustain tools in water/earth (unravel can help remedy this), the backloaded damage, and the long cast times, it ends up being more trouble than its worth. 

It can start to shine in meta events with densely packed mobs where the AoEs put in work, but it's a pain if you're fighting single targets that constantly move around and are immune to crowd control. 

Catalyst is my personal choice for open world. It's got a little bit of everything. 25 might, fury, and quickness for itself. Good durability thanks to elemental empowerment, protection, resolution, and resistance. Great synergy with the arcane traitline, specifically the trait Bountiful Power. 

Jade spheres add to Staffs already good AoE potential. Quickness helps to speed up some of the slower cast times. Might makes everything hit harder. You can use your earth autos in your fire field for burning or in your earth field for poison. 

You can easily blast well past 10-15k DPS solo with it thanks to your personal boon uptime. Power and condi staff builds both work for it, but I tend to stick with Celestial stats in open world. 

On 1/1/2023 at 9:11 AM, Axl.8924 said:

Been using staff and its not helping whatsoever i am doing 2k dmg with a few hundred dmg burn but thats prob not that great i'm doing mostly direct dmg not burn.

Personally I'd probably play a cele tempest in open world that way I can step in and do some extra support if I need to.

1 hour ago, SleepyBat.9034 said:

Personally I'd probably play a cele tempest in open world that way I can step in and do some extra support if I need to.

It's worth noting that, while weaver can't compete with tempest for support, the celestial fire/arcane variant for open world actually does provide a surprising amount of support for allies.

It can quickly and easily stack and maintain 25 might for allies in a 240 radius via flame expulsion, transmute fire, elemental attunement, and blasting fire fields.  For example, a weaver rotating through fire can transmute fire twice and then generate flame expulsion rotating to earth, dodge into the flame wall field for evasive arcana: earth blast and hit earthen vortex for a second blast to have themselves and allies at 25 stacks of might.  The elemental attunement trait also provides regen, protection, and swiftness on-demand.

On the healing/mitigation side, elemental refreshment provides about 750 barrier on dual attack approximately every 3.4 seconds.  Evasive arcana: water provides a 2k heal + cleanse while riptide provides another source of regen, a pulsing heal field, and can be combo blasted for over 5k healing to allies using only weapon skills (4x blasts available to sword/focus).  There's also swirling winds, which will block projectiles for allies in a 360 radius for 6 seconds.

So, if you like weaver's play style but don't like the "selfish DPS" label, celestial fire/arcane is not a bad way to break the mold! 

2 hours ago, AliamRationem.5172 said:

It's worth noting that, while weaver can't compete with tempest for support, the celestial fire/arcane variant for open world actually does provide a surprising amount of support for allies.

It can quickly and easily stack and maintain 25 might for allies in a 240 radius via flame expulsion, transmute fire, elemental attunement, and blasting fire fields.  For example, a weaver rotating through fire can transmute fire twice and then generate flame expulsion rotating to earth, dodge into the flame wall field for evasive arcana: earth blast and hit earthen vortex for a second blast to have themselves and allies at 25 stacks of might.  The elemental attunement trait also provides regen, protection, and swiftness on-demand.

On the healing/mitigation side, elemental refreshment provides about 750 barrier on dual attack approximately every 3.4 seconds.  Evasive arcana: water provides a 2k heal + cleanse while riptide provides another source of regen, a pulsing heal field, and can be combo blasted for over 5k healing to allies using only weapon skills (4x blasts available to sword/focus).  There's also swirling winds, which will block projectiles for allies in a 360 radius for 6 seconds.

So, if you like weaver's play style but don't like the "selfish DPS" label, celestial fire/arcane is not a bad way to break the mold! 

I noticed that with cele in open world that sustain def noticeable.

On 1/19/2023 at 3:13 AM, Kuma.1503 said:

Catalyst is my personal choice for open world. It's got a little bit of everything. 25 might, fury, and quickness for itself. Good durability thanks to elemental empowerment, protection, resolution, and resistance. Great synergy with the arcane traitline, specifically the trait Bountiful Power. 

Hey, you cant say that. You will spawn numbers of people telling you that catalyst is bad: no sustain, no dmg, no nothing. 

Jokes aside, cata is a beast with cele gear in OW. The sustain/support/dps is great. Although weaver provides a bit more and has a better time tanking and solo killing hard bosses like legendary bounties.

since you guys talkin bout cata not sure if i should ask wether or not it really is about using finishers in combo fields to do more dps?

I was reading metabattle its telling me to use chill then use water trident for big damage and fire field combined with finisher for big dmg.

I was able to do a few kills i got proof of course i got a stream showing me killing people for daily of course i didn't do for long.

Edited by Axl.8924

On 1/20/2023 at 8:39 PM, AliamRationem.5172 said:

Can you provide me a good Cele Tempest support/sustain build? Preferably with dagger + warhorn. My purpose is to heal allies and provide them might and alacrity. But also having fun in OW; this is because I want to avoid harrier's set with magi rings.

Edited by fra.5241

On 1/21/2023 at 11:57 PM, Axl.8924 said:

since you guys talkin bout cata not sure if i should ask wether or not it really is about using finishers in combo fields to do more dps?

I was reading metabattle its telling me to use chill then use water trident for big damage and fire field combined with finisher for big dmg.

I was able to do a few kills i got proof of course i got a stream showing me killing people for daily of course i didn't do for long.

Well yes and no.

Combos give you elemental empowerment stacks since it gives u aura.

Good for dps builds but in open world not rly needed imo. 

Sure i did combos, but i rly didnt care about in which combo field i used them. As you can see in the 3 Videos i uploaded, it went pretty well even without caring. 

Sure, some Updates here and there happened, bit the build still does as good: 

Tho i gotta edit the build tbh. Since the barrier on earth swap trait is pretty nice. 

Tho not sure if its needed. Sustain is even without that trait rly good.

6 hours ago, SeTect.5918 said:

Well yes and no.

Combos give you elemental empowerment stacks since it gives u aura.

Good for dps builds but in open world not rly needed imo. 

Sure i did combos, but i rly didnt care about in which combo field i used them. As you can see in the 3 Videos i uploaded, it went pretty well even without caring. 

Sure, some Updates here and there happened, bit the build still does as good: 

Tho i gotta edit the build tbh. Since the barrier on earth swap trait is pretty nice. 

Tho not sure if its needed. Sustain is even without that trait rly good.

I was honestly asking about PVP not open world in that last one about cata