qustion about druid

BadSanta.6527

like ppl said before me, axe MH got insanely over-tuned. 

for dudu it was always axe MH bc it was safe range weapon (although u can take sword mh for mobility which sometimes nice)

for slb:

imo it's bitter-sweet, one side it's making slb do good numbers and on the other side it's only bc axe is very broken atm (dps wise).

without axe being broken, slb is a wet noodle.

Edited by Hellion.2360
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Hellion.2360 said:

like ppl said before me, axe MH got insanely over-tuned. 

for dudu it was always axe MH bc it was safe range weapon (although u can take sword mh for mobility which sometimes nice)

for slb:

imo it's bitter-sweet, one side it's making slb do good numbers and on the other side it's only bc axe is very broken atm (dps wise).

without axe being broken, slb is a wet noodle.

This is true, because axe change was done in response to OWP nerf in PvE.  

Because for whatever reason anet likes to balance via core and not specializations, so everything gets affected.  

Like they could have just updated Furious Strength modifier to offset OWP nerf, or adjusted dagger damage, but no they change axe.  Which creates additional problem of now axe plays differently in PvE and sPvP/WvW among other things.

Edited by Gotejjeken.1267
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

• 2 weeks later...
17 hours ago, Logan.4796 said:

Because if you're a supportive healer focused on dealing zero damage. If that is the type of build you are choosing to run. Warhorn is indeed the smart choice.

As is the axe in your main hand because of WINTER'S BITE - Axe 3 - Applies chill

.... Helps with applying crowd control pressure and breaking blue bars.

Sword is also generally worse for builds other than "I need hyper mobility and that's it". Axe is ranged, helps you stay full ranged, you don't need that much mobility in pve, we don't have a better mainhand option, and we want warhorn, so it's sword or axe. Axe was better even before the buffs after some major sword nerfs way back when (i.e. when druid could run berserker's due to grace of the Land giving 5 might per heal, actually bonkers) due to everything above.

I honestly hate Sword on Ranger. It's so awkward to use for me. 

With that out of the way it's really a super solo weapon. It's nether the highest DPS or best in slot but if you are trying to live with a sub par build then it's really good.

Lets say you where playing the very mobile Soulbeast build with two pets, well them it could be a consideration. It's the oh I really need to survive swap in.