My Current Gw2 Warrior Changes Request Rant Video

Yerlock.4678

Hey, I appreciate the amount of effort it took to shoot a video to express your feedback. I agree with many of your points, especially of strange sluggish animations and skills directly competing with each other within the Warrior kit - except one of the skills is straight objectively worse for no reason. 

Might have been easy to miss, but Grouch himself actually responded to someone else questioning how Banner of Tactics works:

His points are that:

1. It's intended to be a stunbreak mostly for your allies.
  2. A skill with a cast time being a self stunbreak will go on Full CD when it is interrupted - this is consistent across every skill in the game with this functionality to prevent using it as a stunbreak then cancelling the cast to effectively have a 4s stunbreak. 
Edited by Jzaku.9765

1 hour ago, Jzaku.9765 said:

Might have been easy to miss, but Grouch himself actually responded to someone else questioning how Banner of Tactics works:

Weird to read that this was the dilemma, considering you get resistance, stab and superspeed. If it was also a stunbreak, what would be the point of running featherfoot grace or balanced stance?

1 hour ago, Hotride.2187 said:

Weird to read that this was the dilemma, considering you get resistance, stab and superspeed. If it was also a stunbreak, what would be the point of running featherfoot grace or balanced stance?

thats the thing though, why put it in banner of tactics, they could've slapped it on banner of defense, and probably gave it a personal stun break too.

the current banners is actually questionably badly designed, the only thing giving it any value is that they overloaded banner of tactics.

terrible design like that is kinda the root of many balance woes in the game.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, eXruina.4956 said:

thats the thing though, why put it in banner of tactics, they could've slapped it on banner of defense, and probably gave it a personal stun break too.

the current banners is actually questionably badly designed, the only thing giving it any value is that they overloaded banner of tactics.

To be fair the 1st def that was responsible for it completely and utterly dropped the ball and they had to salvage it on a quick turnaround. I can't see them reworking something after having been 'reworked' so soon. The other professions need looking at as well. They overloaded Defense and Tactics for sure, but at the same time left Strength and Discipline to languish. I'd give all the banners 900 range personally, and at least double the effectiveness of the summon effects on Strength and Discipline.

2 minutes ago, eXruina.4956 said:

terrible design like that is kinda the root of many balance woes in the game.

2012 design left in a 2023 game is more of the issue, but some of that I think will not get fixed until GW3.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, eXruina.4956 said:

@Lan Deathrider.5910   this is true, the banners we currently have is damage control for June 2022, and in that regard they did a good job, they made it usable and the response was timely, so props to them.

Yeah, credit where credit is due. Perhaps leading into expac 4 we'll see them gain flip overs.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Jzaku.9765 said:

Hey, I appreciate the amount of effort it took to shoot a video to express your feedback. I agree with many of your points, especially of strange sluggish animations and skills directly competing with each other within the Warrior kit - except one of the skills is straight objectively worse for no reason. 

His points are that:

1. It's intended to be a stunbreak mostly for your allies.
  2. A skill with a cast time being a self stunbreak will go on Full CD when it is interrupted - this is consistent across every skill in the game with this functionality to prevent using it as a stunbreak then cancelling the cast to effectively have a 4s stunbreak. 

The alternative (initially suggested by @gmmg.9210 himself, I believe) would be for BoT to instantly cast on use. It would therefore serve both as a stunbreak for the user as well as being unstowable to prevent double-casting.

I admit that having one banner be instant cast while the rest have cast times might be a bit strange, but in a game populated by little rat people, hard light emitters, and magic of all kinds, I think it's a safe bet to say we've seen stranger.

@gmmg-- nice work on the video. Lots of good points and suggestions!

Edited by CalmTheStorm.2364
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, CalmTheStorm.2364 said:

The alternative (initially suggested by @gmmg.9210 himself, I believe) would be for BoT to instantly cast on use. It would therefore serve both as a stunbreak for the user as well as being unstowable to prevent double-casting.

I admit that having one banner be instant cast while the rest have cast times might be a bit strange, but in a game populated by little rat people, hard light emitters, and magic of all kinds, I think it's a safe bet to say we've seen stranger.

@gmmg-- nice work on the video. Lots of good points and suggestions!

There is also a skill that kinda does something like it that stunbreaks before the cast https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Well_of_Power .
So there is something already developed that they redo because Anet yet again doesn't know their own game.
Also they can make the cast instant but have after cast animation. 

• Like 1

On 1/10/2023 at 2:47 PM, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

The real answer is a flip over that is instant cast that breaks stuns around the warrior and around the banner while clearing 2 condis (2 around the warrior and 2 around the banner, for 4 total if there is overlap).

Yeah that would be nice. Maybe 3 stacks of stab and pulsing resistance on cast with a flip over aoe stunbreak. Doesn't need the superspeed imo. Tbh the casting time for banners in general doesn't feel great, wish it could be casted a bit faster also.

• Like 1