Balance

mooshie.4890

1 minute ago, Kodama.6453 said:

I just want them to return some of the AA damage on rifle.... they nerfed it so it deals even less damage than hipshot before the rework.

kitten, elixir gun's auto attack is dealing more damage than the rifle auto! How did they not see that they were overkilling the nerf?

As long as they don't make tools holo more effective than it is.

1 hour ago, Kodama.6453 said:

I just want them to return some of the AA damage on rifle.... they nerfed it so it deals even less damage than hipshot before the rework.

kitten, elixir gun's auto attack is dealing more damage than the rifle auto! How did they not see that they were overkilling the nerf?

https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Smiter's_Boon_(PvP)

8 hours ago, Sahne.6950 said:

What you are experiencing is a result, of numerous people cringing in the forum that they cant deal with Riflemechanist... so anet nerfed it into the ground.... thats what they always do.

Sorry to tell you that, but riflemechanist will most likely never be viable again in pvp. Players dont like any AI-based spec that is viable for pvp.  People were literally loosing their minds.

maayyyybe it makes a comeback at one point... but i highly doubt it.

You do realize there was very little counter to the rifle spam. You could hide but due to auto fire nature and the multiple ways to access super speed it was useless. 

Literly the entire meta shifted to favor Elementalist (still is) due to fact they could provide a reflection aura rendering rifle spam useless. Only one elite has access to this, not very healthy for the game to just have 2 classes played in high level PvP.

Hence the nerf. 

10 hours ago, Kodama.6453 said:

Yeah that is all they need to do, give it atleast more damage than Elixer gun auto

• Confused 1

6 hours ago, Mell.4873 said:

You do realize there was very little counter to the rifle spam. You could hide but due to auto fire nature and the multiple ways to access super speed it was useless. 

Literly the entire meta shifted to favor Elementalist (still is) due to fact they could provide a reflection aura rendering rifle spam useless. Only one elite has access to this, not very healthy for the game to just have 2 classes played in high level PvP.

Hence the nerf. 

Rifle Mech in any plat+ match was always a complete liability and had like a 0% win rate against every class. That spec was bad even before nerfs. It had nothing to do with projectile reflects.

Rifle and Mech received absolutely unfair patching treatment from all the low gold complaints. That class is crippled beyond belief in higher tiered play now. Like the core classes are better than Mechanist now.

They seriously need to ignore feedback from inexperienced players.

Edited by Trevor Boyer.6524
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

15 hours ago, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

Rifle Mech in any plat+ match was always a complete liability and had like a 0% win rate against every class. That spec was bad even before nerfs. It had nothing to do with projectile reflects.

Rifle and Mech received absolutely unfair patching treatment from all the low gold complaints. That class is crippled beyond belief in higher tiered play now. Like the core classes are better than Mechanist now.

They seriously need to ignore feedback from inexperienced players.

There are barely any one in Platinum so if your low Gold is the bar you need for it to be op it definitely reached it. Most Platinum players que with the Gold players so they would have seen them being abused and dominating the rest of the team. 

EU might be different but there are not even 250 Platinum ranked players in the US, some might be on that level but they don't play enough to be placed. 

Edited by Mell.4873

Maybe mechanist should have more defense or skill with some kind of shield without real shield or when mech is dying dmg of rifle is higher. Other classes have basic atack on the same level. Mechanist without mech have lower dmg. The same atack with or without mech is an solution.

Edited by mooshie.4890

The issue with mechanist is that it's a pet spec and players don't like facing AI in sPvP.

If, somehow, you couldn't summon the mech in sPvP yet your character could use it's F skills (basically a core engineer chosing it's tool belt skills throught trait instead of via it's utility skills), I'm pretty sure that the community would be more welcoming to mechanist and even willing to see it being buffed if it end up being truly to weak.

Imo mechanist has to low dmg, 300 points up on min and max and maybe will be ok. It'll still not great so why not to try upgrade him? Ranger has pets and good mechanist player vs good ranger player = win ranger and It is true. No balanced. They should both dying on ground or both staying alive. Team organised and skills should decided Who win, not weakness of specialization. 

On 1/27/2023 at 7:55 AM, mooshie.4890 said:

Hello, I think that engineer have no damage with rifle, with mech I have 200-700 points of attack and without him is the same, I think it shouldn't be like that. Imo with mech attack should be 1500 - 3000, without much more. I have 230 ranked games played and think I know how to play but without grenades I'm nothing, it is terrible cause I take him for rifle:(. I dont wanna be sniper like deadeye. I just wants to Play with rifle, granades and mech but rifle do no dmg, no matter what build i choose. 

Another virgin Mech that wish they were a chad Gunzerker. You hate to see it. 😭😭

3 hours ago, Mell.4873 said:

There are barely any on in Platinum so if your low Gold is the bar you need for it to be op it definitely reached it. Most Platinum players que with the Gold players so they would have seen them being abused and dominating the rest of the team. 

EU might be different but there are not even 250 Platinum ranked players in the US, some might be on that level but they don't play enough to be placed. 

No that's not why at all.

NA population is officially too small to even actively queue dodge all of the booster/win traders. Every old P1-P2 player who are not affiliated with these cliques, are now playing down in G2 an G3 consistently.

You can't see it on the big streamers streams because most of these guys are fronting the throw show to make their stream look good, but if you were to watch a stream of the average GW2 player queueing average NA matches, the reality of this is that seriously at least every other game in NA ranked is a complete ****show where you either have a DC or AFK on your team or guys with accounts named "iwintrade.1234" character name "Throw God" sand bagging around all game.

Games are absolute garbage in NA ranked. The hilarious things is, you probably think I am embellishing this but I am not. Try asking some other people what their current game quality looks like in NA.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

No that's not why at all.

NA population is officially too small to even actively queue dodge all of the booster/win traders. Every old P1-P2 player who are not affiliated with these cliques, are now playing down in G2 an G3 consistently.

You can't see it on the big streamers streams because most of these guys are fronting the throw show to make their stream look good, but if you were to watch a stream of the average GW2 player queueing average NA matches, the reality of this is that seriously at least every other game in NA ranked is a complete ****show where you either have a DC or AFK on your team or guys with accounts named "iwintrade.1234" character name "Throw God" sand bagging around all game.

Games are absolute garbage in NA ranked. The hilarious things is, you probably think I am embellishing this but I am not. Try asking some other people what their current game quality looks like in NA.

So I will say that I’ve been too 100 for a lot of this season and am currently top 50.  I don’t duo ranked or queue dodge or whatever your supposed to do to be “serious” about rank.  Also going to not be able to play for last two weeks so I’ll decay out.

Now in my matches I currently see both sides going pretty hard.  I don’t see AFK ers at this level.  I find there are far more quitters in G3 and lower.   Sometimes when it’s an obvious loss people will stop leaving the base, but not prematurely.   Anyway it seems to me folks are actually trying pretty hard on both sides, cata and SB abound and nuking is fast and furious.  It’s better quality matches than expected.

I have also had two freaky loss streaks this season that plummeted me from top 100 to G2.  But it can’t be that suddenly I had like 14 games with wintraders, sadly our teams were just not even close.  To halt those I had to go Uber suicidal glass and wipe swaths of them out when I dropped low enough.

The strange thing with the losses was in my team were these low ranked folks and our opponents were like medium tier folk.  I suspect my stupid ELO made it decide I culiuld carry G1s  against reasonable G2 - G 3s.  I more blame match making for that crap… it was laughably lip sided and humbling

TLDR, high rank matches have seemed to have teams putting good effort.  I get screwed in streaks sometimes but don’t notice anything suspicious.  I’m getting to know the few players to n my current circle and I’d know if these guys were giving me easy kills

Edited by shion.2084