Looking for a monk style profession

Lytro.9305

Hey everyone, I'm looking for a profession that would act like a good representation of a monk from typical rpg games. There are a few typical ideas of a monk, mainly being a hand to hand fighter, but because that's not a weapon option perhaps using some very quick weapons would suffice. Also since the monk was in guild wars 1, a profession that could also heal in addition to doing damage would be great. The Elder Scrolls series also had a monk class http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Monk that might be able to transition well to Guild Wars. I'm not quite sure how to go about this, but any help would be appreciated. Thank you!

• Guardian can heal well, but it isn't a quickfire class . Thematically it has some monk links, but even then it is very loose
  • Warrior has the Spellbreaker elite, which when used with daggers can be pretty quick fire, using counterattacks to aid in offence. Not really much healing though
  • Daredevil is quickfire and can be traited/use sigils to self heal/cleanse conditions on attacks, crits and dodges. I use that and whilst not meta/optimum I rather enjoy it and the fast attacks work well for keeping your health up in general pve. I use staff and double pistols, but most of the weapons are rapid attack for a thief.

In short, there is nothing which screams Monk in the professions and Elite specs, but thief/daredevil seems closest match to your wants

@"Tanner Blackfeather.6509" said:The Daredevil elite spec for Thief might actually fit the "hand-to-hand combat" part - acrobatic, the Physical skills are actual punches, fights with a staff. No healing though.

There is leeching venoms :p

Although to make that work they have to make the heal scale from the thief's healing power instead.

@Khisanth.2948 said:

@Witch of Doom.5739 said:I know this isn't what you're asking (I miss the Monk profession too), but if you also want a monk-like look, the Arcane Outfit is pretty good.

Hope ANet goes to Cantha in the next expansion and brings back the Monk at the same time.

or the Monk outfit? :P

Oh, SURE! If you want to be all OBVIOUS about it!! (jk) =)

revenant elite can use the staff & centaur legendary skills can heal or the hammer & dwarf legendary for the protection, but its not a massive damage output when using staff its mainly support, hammer distanced weapon with teleport attacks (it does also have a assassin setup using dual swords if wanted )

Archived