Crafting Legendary Greatsword

I am trying to craft my legendary greatsword, Aurene's Bite, and have everything except the last item Gift of Aurene's Bite.  The Mystic Runestone with Miyani  is locked because have not finished the "Scholar of Secrets" in Legendary Crafting Mastery. Is this the only way to be able to craft this Greatsword?  I am a 500 Weaponsmith. Can Mystic Runestones be acquired anywhere else? Also, If the Legendary Crafting Mastery is needed, having difficulty finishing the RED Mastery points needed to finish.  Any suggestions is greatly appreciated!

• Like 1

It's difficult to recommend mastery points to go for because there's no way to know which ones you've got already, and everyone has different ideas of what's quicker or easier to complete.

But generally the Mastery Insight ones are a good starting point. They're all in base game maps and accessible without mounts (although some are easier to get to with mounts).

The ones for completing the personal story and season 2 story are easy but not quick, if you don't like doing the story that may be more trouble than it's worth, but if you don't mind then it's a simple way to get more. (If you like the story I assume you'll have all those already.) There's additional mastery points for finishing all the season 2 achievements, but those are much harder and more time consuming to get so I wouldn't recommend it if you're not interested in the achievements or the other rewards.

Some of the ones for defeating bosses are fairly easy too. Especially Queen Chrii'kkt IV in Drytop. You may need to use the LFG tool to find an organised map that will get to tier 4, but it's not always necessary. The Karka Queen and Tequatl are good ones as well because they're fairly popular so you can guarentee enough people will be there to kill it almost every time it comes up, you'll just need to check the timer to see when that will be.

If you've done all of those already or need more points the best thing to do is look through the achievements marked with a red mastery icon and see which you think would be easiest or most fun to do.

• Like 7

I ran into this same problem a while back helping my wife craft her first legendary. It was weird to relaize you needed the core Tyria ones to craft Gen 3s. I hadn't expected that.
Got the entire legendary crafting masteries done in 1 weekend.

Insights plus Silverwastes bosses (for 5 total) plus Lion's Arch exterminator plus Triple Trouble (for another 5) and Tequatl and Karka Queen and Skritt in Dry Top and then 1 or 2 easy Fractal ones would be my suggestion. Nothing overly expensive or time consuming. Half the Triple Trouble ones can even be completed without successfully killing the heads.

Edited by idpersona.3810
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I'm a bit confused why someone would think Legendary Crafting mastery isn't needed to make legendaries just because they were introduced at a later time? The only reason OG weapons don't require it is because they were introduced before the mastery system and weren't retroactively updated.

You can get most of the points you need just by spending alot of time in a RIBA squad in Silverwastes. This also nets you a whole bunch of gold, Obsidian Shards, titles and other rewards.

Edited by Mariyuuna.6508
  • Like 4
  • Confused 1

18 hours ago, APrincessOfAlot.4735 said:

I am trying to craft my legendary greatsword, Aurene's Bite, and have everything except the last item Gift of Aurene's Bite.  The Mystic Runestone with Miyani  is locked because have not finished the "Scholar of Secrets" in Legendary Crafting Mastery. Is this the only way to be able to craft this Greatsword?  I am a 500 Weaponsmith. Can Mystic Runestones be acquired anywhere else? Also, If the Legendary Crafting Mastery is needed, having difficulty finishing the RED Mastery points needed to finish.  Any suggestions is greatly appreciated!

Go to your achievements tab, click on the settings/cog wheel next to the search bar -> add mastery point filter -> add core mastery point filter. After that, browse through the achievements that are still visible in the panel and pick what you can.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

On 1/30/2023 at 11:01 AM, idpersona.3810 said:

I ran into this same problem a while back helping my wife craft her first legendary. It was weird to relaize you needed the core Tyria ones to craft Gen 3s. I hadn't expected that.
Got the entire legendary crafting masteries done in 1 weekend.

Insights plus Silverwastes bosses (for 5 total) plus Lion's Arch exterminator plus Triple Trouble (for another 5) and Tequatl and Karka Queen and Skritt in Dry Top and then 1 or 2 easy Fractal ones would be my suggestion. Nothing overly expensive or time consuming. Half the Triple Trouble ones can even be completed without successfully killing the heads.

Exactly! Already finished Tequati, and Karka Queen, having difficulty with Triple Trouble naturally, and haven't found any help for the Four Mordrem Bosses in Silverwastes....don't actually have that many red achievements left to do...the Dungeons remain difficult with only the two of us trying to do them for story modes.....Also, lost my BANDIT DEATH MARK. (for my last part of "Justice of the Blade, Stay of Execution), that would give me another red achievement.... totally getting annoyed, at myself mostly, and the game for making it so difficult.  Need to find out how to get the "Stay of Execution" now without a Bandit Death Mark.

• Like 1

On 1/30/2023 at 12:57 PM, Sobx.1758 said:

Go to your achievements tab, click on the settings/cog wheel next to the search bar -> add mastery point filter -> add core mastery point filter. After that, browse through the achievements that are still visible in the panel and pick what you can.

Thank you!  Used that in my Achievement tab and it narrows it down much better

33 minutes ago, APrincessOfAlot.4735 said:

Exactly! Already finished Tequati, and Karka Queen, having difficulty with Triple Trouble naturally, and haven't found any help for the Four Mordrem Bosses in Silverwastes....don't actually have that many red achievements left to do...the Dungeons remain difficult with only the two of us trying to do them for story modes.....Also, lost my BANDIT DEATH MARK. (for my last part of "Justice of the Blade, Stay of Execution), that would give me another red achievement.... totally getting annoyed, at myself mostly, and the game for making it so difficult.  Need to find out how to get the "Stay of Execution" now without a Bandit Death Mark.

As I said in your other thread you can get more death marks from https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Embroidered_Coin_Purse

And you dont need any help with the silver waste bosses just need to spend time on the map and they will melt when they spawn with the people around the forts.

Edited by Linken.6345

10 hours ago, APrincessOfAlot.4735 said:

For Silverwastes, just use LFG to join RIBA runs. People usually will anyways, but you can ask for the legendarys to be called out. you get 1 core mastery for each individual one and another for completing all 4. Triple trouble, you can get in groups usually early afternoon or evening (NA). Keep an eye out on the event timer and LFG. This one gets completed at least once or twice a day.

There are a few really easy fractal ones too. It's worth those for some quick points too.

• Like 1

Thanks for the tips!  Will try that with the Silverwastes using RIBA runs...actually, ashamed to say, I've never used the LFG after all these years...and the Triple Trouble I've been doing at least once a day to finish it....as far as the FACTIONS category, even though play WvW everyday, have not done factions....its needing more than just us two players to play it....but again, the LFG would work there as well....sure you don't just  want to come and join us?  lol  Thanks again@@

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, APrincessOfAlot.4735 said:

Thanks for the tips!  Will try that with the Silverwastes using RIBA runs...actually, ashamed to say, I've never used the LFG after all these years...and the Triple Trouble I've been doing at least once a day to finish it....as far as the FACTIONS category, even though play WvW everyday, have not done factions....its needing more than just us two players to play it....but again, the LFG would work there as well....sure you don't just  want to come and join us?  lol  Thanks again@@

if I'm on and can help just let me know.
I'm not sure what you mean by factions. Fractals maybe? If so, you can start a LFG. Just make sure to say hat you need. I found some groups won't want to do some of the requirements. There are several easy ones though. Season 2 is good for 8 points, if you have it. Some of the mechanics in it are janky now so can be a pain.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, idpersona.3810 said:

I'm not sure what you mean by factions. Fractals maybe? If so, you can start a LFG. Just make sure to say hat you need. I found some groups won't want to do some of the requirements. There are several easy ones though. Season 2 is good for 8 points, if you have it. Some of the mechanics in it are janky now so can be a pain.

17 hours ago, idpersona.3810 said: