Skirmish Tickets

Goglak.2591

39 minutes ago, idpersona.3810 said:

I'm guessing this is a much higher rank problem? I haven't yet found that I had extra tickets with a deficit of memories of battle.

No it's a universal problem, every tier of the skirmish track you get less MoB than claim tickets. It doesn't matter how little you play or how few pips you get, you will always get a lot less MoB.
You might say "Ah but I get some from reward tracks!" Yeah those are 15 per track or 25 for Gift of Battle and take 3h50m minimum with all boosts in this time you will complete wood and most of bronze chest. The MoB you get from the reward track will not bring them close to the number of tickets you got.
The only way you get more MoB than tickets is if you play a lot of WvW with all boosters and keep repeating the diamond chest 7 times every single week at max rank, winning skirmish and obviously last weeks participation. All in all it takes about another 14 hours on top of whatever you played to get the diamond chest. The people who struggle to get tickets actually get shafted more by MoB as they're also less likely to have boosters so take closer to 8 hours to complete a reward track with leaps in MoB's earned at Silver and then Platinum chests.
https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Skirmish_reward_track
https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/WvW_Reward_Track

Edited by apharma.3741
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, apharma.3741 said:

No it's a universal problem, every tier of the skirmish track you get less MoB than claim tickets. It doesn't matter how little you play, you will always get a lot less MoB.
You might say "Ah but I get some from reward tracks!" Yeah those are 15 per track or 25 for Gift of Battle and take 3h50m minimum with all boosts in this time you will complete wood and most of bronze chest. The MoB you get from the reward track will not bring them close to the number of tickets you got.
The only way you get more MoB than tickets is if you play a lot of WvW with all boosters and keep repeating the diamond chest 7 times every single week at max rank, winning skirmish and obviously last weeks participation. All in all it takes about another 14 hours on top of whatever you played to get the diamond chest. The people who struggle to get tickets actually get shafted more by MoB as they're also less likely to have boosters so take closer to 8 hours to complete a reward track with leaps in MoB's earned at Silver and then Platinum chests.
https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Skirmish_reward_track
https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/WvW_Reward_Track

Interesting. So maybe I just never noticed it before. Crafting the legendary weapons, I bought my first few stacks of MoB, but now that I'm doing a lot of WvW I feel like I've had plenty. I will have to pay more attention to it going forward. Right now I have far more MoB than Skirmish tickets.

• Confused 1

On 1/31/2023 at 12:34 AM, Justine.6351 said:

Why is it people new to wvw think they have to gun for legendary armor?

Because they know there's nothing else they're going to get in Wvw? 😄

Reading through this thread, I find it interesting that leggie acquisition in WvW is always compared to Raiding, but not PvP. I originally thought I'd be earning my leggie armor in WvW, but after playing it for a while I realized it was going to be several years of spending almost all my play time in WvW at a handful of hours over a week.

In PvP, I just completed the back piece and my first piece of armor, and am on the heels of my second piece.

1. PvP makes me decent gold to buy other materials.

2. If I have twenty minutes to play, I can queue up and get a match in. In WvW I'd probably spend that time just catching up to other players on my server.

3. I'm automatically teamed up with four other people, facing a team of five other people. I don't have to worry about being on an outmanned server. I don't have to worry about whether all my server's commanders are running private squads.

4. My progress is reset every 8 weeks instead of every week.

5. My progress isn't contingent on having played a bunch already. I don't have my pips reduced because I haven't played PvP for years.

It just feels a whole lot better doing PvP. Even if you aren't great at it. Even if you don't have a lot of time to spend. You still feel like you're steadily working your way toward your legendary armor. With WvW, as a bronze or silver player, it feels like you have to live there to make any appreciable progress. And live there week after week.

Edited by Gibson.4036
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

9 hours ago, idpersona.3810 said:

Interesting. So maybe I just never noticed it before. Crafting the legendary weapons, I bought my first few stacks of MoB, but now that I'm doing a lot of WvW I feel like I've had plenty. I will have to pay more attention to it going forward. Right now I have far more MoB than Skirmish tickets.

Crafting Conflux takes a lot of MoB compared to skirmish tickets.

21 hours ago, Gibson.4036 said:

Because they know there's nothing else they're going to get in Wvw? 😄

Reading through this thread, I find it interesting that leggie acquisition in WvW is always compared to Raiding, but not PvP. I originally thought I'd be earning my leggie armor in WvW, but after playing it for a while I realized it was going to be several years of spending almost all my play time in WvW at a handful of hours over a week.

In PvP, I just completed the back piece and my first piece of armor, and am on the heels of my second piece.

1. PvP makes me decent gold to buy other materials.

2. If I have twenty minutes to play, I can queue up and get a match in. In WvW I'd probably spend that time just catching up to other players on my server.

3. I'm automatically teamed up with four other people, facing a team of five other people. I don't have to worry about being on an outmanned server. I don't have to worry about whether all my server's commanders are running private squads.

4. My progress is reset every 8 weeks instead of every week.

5. My progress isn't contingent on having played a bunch already. I don't have my pips reduced because I haven't played PvP for years.

It just feels a whole lot better doing PvP. Even if you aren't great at it. Even if you don't have a lot of time to spend. You still feel like you're steadily working your way toward your legendary armor. With WvW, as a bronze or silver player, it feels like you have to live there to make any appreciable progress. And live there week after week.

This is a very good point. In PvP you don't have to be the best or anything, just play and let the rating system gravitate you towards an approximate 50:50 win scenario for whatever effort you're putting in. You can try more or try less but it's completely up to you, especially if you mute chat. You'll get your rewards, get your gold, get more in PvP and you do it on your time and schedule.