Engi changes previewed so far on Feb 3 preview

Infusion.7149

Complaining about rifle of all things when the damage is fine in PVE (I proved this on multiple threads)... yet mech has no underwater mech. With a garbage underwater skill in place of the commands that does not provide any boons or condis (the two main mech archetypes are alac via barrier and condi), it cannot provide alac or damage from the mech.

Okay. I see where your priorities lie.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Infusion.7149 said:

Complaining about rifle of all things when the damage is fine in PVE (I proved this on multiple threads)... yet mech has no underwater mech. With a garbage underwater skill in place of the commands that does not provide any boons or condis (the two main mech archetypes are alac via barrier and condi), it cannot provide alac or damage from the mech.

It got pointed out a dozen times that no underwater mech is a problem.

The thing is that making it work underwater is not something we could possibly expect from them to squeeze into this patch, since it most likely will require more dev time than they can spend here. I would be very surprised if Anet is not aware that this is a really big problem, but giving feedback about stuff that can't get changed for this patch anyway anymore is not doing much.

Meanwhile the feedback to give rifle another pass (it HAS problems, notably it's terrible damage in PvP and it could also use a small upspeeding in PvE) is something they could squeeze in based on feedback.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

The worst thing about the Rifle Change wasn't that it was lowered to 2 shots its the after-cast delay added to it.

Mechanical Genius getting a duration increase is nice and Mechanical Genius does help further the gap between Mechs who are trying and Mechs who aren't.

Edited by Xerxez.7361

On 2/3/2023 at 5:11 PM, Kstyle.5829 said:

It really shows the developers don't play scrapper.  They have NO IDEA what they are doing. "We wanna make a cool tanky bruiser lol" buffing damage dampener.  You can't take damage dampener because you give up 15% damage modifier.  If you ask all top scrappers in the game what they run, currently the damage is so horrible you basically go full PVE build explosives tools scrapper and take every single + percent strike damage you can get just to barely dish out damage almost half what other classes can do.  You can't take "cool tanky bruiser guy" traits because your damage is so pathetic everyone just ignores you.  Nobody plays bunkers in this meta.  

I just realized they will never fix scrapper because they don't know what the kitten they are doing.  And they never will.   It's so sad to see how out of touch people can make with their OWN GAME.  This game is dead to me.  

As a Scrapper main, I think this one particular change will put Scrapper in a much more sustainable spot: Rapid Regeneration.

Currently, people take the damage modifying traits because of Impact Savant. Going offensive makes them "tanky", but then again doesn't because even with the damage traits the damage isn't that high.

I wouldn't want to buff the damage since then you can potentially put Scrapper in an overpowered state. Rapid Regen coming back is a big step in the right direction. Now we just need to trade places for 2 traits: Impact Savant and Adaptive Armor, and bring back Adaptive Armor old functionality of giving you some barrier when you're struck on a 5 or more seconds cooldown. This would put Scrapper in a position to not need to sacrifice defense to be defensive.

• Thanks 1

On 2/8/2023 at 7:35 PM, Infusion.7149 said:

One doesn't negate the other.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

On 2/9/2023 at 12:35 AM, Infusion.7149 said:

Yeah, this need to be fixed. I have a static for CMs + T4s, and usually we run mirage for cm 100 and mech for the other ones, we prefer mech bc it has might since we dont use healer (high bd). It is VERY anwful i need to swap to revenant just to do Aquatic Ruins.

I don't understand why this aquatic skill. I think if it's to have this skill that replaces the mech, it's better not to have anything.

Edited by Nakasz.5471
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Nakasz.5471 said:

Yeah, this need to be fixed. I have a static for CMs + T4s, and usually we run mirage for cm 100 and mech for the other ones, we prefer mech bc it has might since we dont use healer (high bd). It is VERY anwful i need to swap to revenant just to do Aquatic Ruins.

I don't understand why this aquatic skill. I think if it's to have this skill that replaces the mech, it's better not to have anything.

I just swap to scrapper for Aquatic since Superspeed works and losing Alac isn't that big a deal for just Aquatic. I guess the swap to revenant makes sense if the Alac you give saves enough time on the fight to be worth the swap.

26 minutes ago, Xerxez.7361 said:

I just swap to scrapper for Aquatic since Superspeed works and losing Alac isn't that big a deal for just Aquatic. I guess the swap to revenant makes sense if the Alac you give saves enough time on the fight to be worth the swap.

Oh ty for tip, that makes sense. Superspeed is incredible there, mainly for the piranha path