Thanks for the Daredevil Buffs, time to be gods again.

Crab Fear.8623

5 minutes ago, Sahne.6950 said:

i have been long enough in the game to member everything. I am stuck in this game for way to long m8.

based on the fact that terrorhuz is a flippin menace 😄 hes in the top 3 of players i have ever met. And i have battled every big name there is in EU.

No offense..... and Altho i have never met you.... i will bet all my money that he will completly wreck you in a matter of seconds... especially after the mesmer changes that will happen today.

And its not because your bad.... Its because Terrorhuz is probably worlds best mesmer... and what makes matters worse is that thief is miles behind mesmer... and thats a sad but solid fact.

but again... i very much enjoy your hopium.

So, he beats me up on mesmer?

I don't see your point.

Mesmer isn't better at what I said in my OP.

They either node hold or mobile, but always at the cost of the other. 

In game conquest is not even an issue to worry about them.

Either they can't catch me, or they can't beat me.

1200 daredevil will be +1 decap god again

• Confused 2

1 hour ago, Crab Fear.8623 said:

So, he beats me up on mesmer?

I don't see your point.

7 minutes ago, Crab Fear.8623 said:

You'll (Terrorhuz) defintely be here asking for nerfs by then.

^This wont happen.   Because them swapping swipe with steal wont suddenly push thief into the meta again.

The only people thinking that this is a huge buff, are nostalgic thief mains, that still think steal is better, altho the meta has heavily shifted towards a point where a unblockable has more value than a 1200 teleport.

This is my point. 

idk... maybe i am wrong... but i dont think so.

Edited by Sahne.6950
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Sahne.6950 said:

^This wont happen.   Because them swapping swipe with steal wont suddenly push thief into the meta again.

This is my point. 

Sure, all the eles will hold the meta spots.

But daredevil will bring great again.

I see other changes that will be nice also, but ele pushes everything out right now, amiright,?

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Crab Fear.8623 said:

You'll defintely be here asking for nerfs by then.

Why? Thieves won't rupt my shield block anymore, as far as I am concerned facing one will be even easier. If anything, thief will move around even more (as if it had any trouble doing that anyway...) and lose the little utility it gives beyond being a decap bot. Removing bunkers was a healthy thing, now bunkers will just be able to block forever. I'll miss thieves rupting vindicator's block, guardian's shelter, fortified earth, all that degenerate slug gameplay that prevents the game from progressing, that's it.

Edited by Terrorhuz.4695
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

It’s the worst nerf to come for thieves in a long time. Anyone spinning this as a positive has no idea what they’re talking about, that unblockable swipe was what kept thieves dangerous vs bunker specs. I don’t know why crab fear is framing this differently than the obvious nerf that it is… Hopefully anet realizes this just forces thieves further down the hole and reverts the nerf.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Terrorhuz.4695 said:

Why? Thieves won't rupt my shield block anymore, as far as I am concerned facing one will be even easier. If anything, thief will move around even more (as if it had any trouble doing that anyway...) and lose the little utility it gives beyond being a decap bot. Removing bunkers was a healthy thing, now bunkers will just be able to block forever. I'll miss thieves rupting vindicator's block, guardian's shelter, all that degenerate slug gameplay that prevents the game from progressing, that's it.

It's a tradeoff.

But basi and s/d are still valid, as well as bow 4.

I defintely use basi over kitten nowadays with the aura spam.

But, those sound like other class issues.

1 minute ago, JosephKatz.9375 said:

It’s the worst nerf to come for thieves in a long time. Anyone spinning this as a positive has no idea what they’re talking about, that unblockable swipe was what kept thieves dangerous vs bunker specs. I don’t know why crab fear is framing this differently than the obvious nerf that it is… Hopefully anet realizes this just forces thieves further down the hole and reverts the nerf.

That one block ender was game changing for you? 

It was the only unblockable thing in thief whole kit....

The key here isn't "unblockable". The key here is "unblockable CC".
You don't just deal damage through blocks. You INTERRUPT the block, stability be damned. Only class in the game able to disrupt so many defensive tools with a single button (and a very low cd at that). You went from 1 person being able to deal damage to 4. It's big. Remove that tool, it takes at least 2 players and a good amount of luck to do the same thing: a mesmer\spellbreaker to MAYBE remove stab, and someone else to CC through the block. Boonrip is a tool few classes have, unblockable CC is a tool few classes have, the ones that have both are even rarer still and no class has that on the same button (let's not even talk about said button being instacast or the reliability; boonrip is random except for THAT thief trait).

But then again, if you like it better to be a decap bot, feel free to do so. All I'm saying, you didn't need this patch to do it.

Edited by Terrorhuz.4695
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Terrorhuz.4695 said:

The key here isn't "unblockable". The key here is "unblockable CC".
You don't just deal damage through blocks. You INTERRUPT the block, stability be damned. Only class in the game able to disrupt so many defensive tools with a single button (and a very low cd at that). You went from 1 person being able to deal damage to 4. It's big.

But then again, if you like it better to be a decap bot, feel free to do so. All I'm saying, you didn't need this patch to do it.

Steal and basi do the same thing, if that is what is needed. 

1200 range is better in so many better ways.

Positioning is king.

• Thanks 1

I'd like it if thief had the ability to be a decapper OR roamer OR teamfighter. Just not restricted to one role only (decap) or capable of doing all of them in one build which daredevil seems to bound between the two extremes along with being overly reliant on a glitchy, broken, unfun mechanic.

• Like 1

On 2/13/2023 at 9:44 AM, UNOwen.7132 said:

The current standard is long-dodge to get Weakening Strikes and close the gap, use Black Powder, leap through it with Heartseeker while using Swipe at the same time, and then landing a backstab. The Swipe restores the lost endurance used for the long dodge. More than that, Swipe being unblockable means that it's guaranteed to have a stolen ability (crucial when fighting mesmers and guardians especially) and interrupt anything being channeled if the daze trait is taken, while the landed Heartseeker eats any aegis present if it isn’t stripped through Swipe boosted by other traits and allows the backstab to land. You're left with full endurance, a stolen ability, a landed backstab, and almost all of your initiative in the current state of the game making Shadow Arts and Trickery mandatory for reasons outside of the scope of this discussion.

By removing Swipe and replacing it with Steal, Steal will take the aegis hit if it doesn’t successfully strip it, leaving you with no stolen skill. Even worse, that aegis might prevent your daze from going off, and you’re certainly not going to crack a bunker who is blocking, like a warrior or engineer. You can hit targets from further away, but with stealth, distance was never an issue in the first place since you could swiftness run up to them while hidden and they’re oblivious. Daredevil will strictly be in a worse state after these changes.

Edited by Noko Anon.9154
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

19 minutes ago, Noko Anon.9154 said:

The current standard is long-dodge to get Weakening Strikes and close the gap, use Black Powder, leap through it with Heartseeker while using Swipe at the same time, and then landing a backstab. The Swipe restores the lost endurance used for the long dodge. More than that, Swipe being unblockable means that it's guaranteed to have a stolen ability (crucial when fighting mesmers and guardians especially) and interrupt anything being channeled if the daze trait is taken, while the landed Heartseeker eats any aegis present if it isn’t stripped through Swipe boosted by other traits and allows the backstab to land. You're left with full endurance, a stolen ability, a landed backstab, and almost all of your initiative in the current state of the game making Shadow Arts and Trickery mandatory for reasons outside of the scope of this discussion.

By removing Swipe and replacing it with Steal, Steal will take the aegis hit if it doesn’t successfully strip it, leaving you with no stolen skill. Even worse, that aegis might prevent your daze from going off, and you’re certainly not going to crack a bunker who is blocking, like a warrior or engineer. You can hit targets from further away, but with stealth, distance was never an issue in the first place since you could swiftness run up to them while hidden and they’re oblivious. Daredevil will strictly be in a worse state after these changes.

Bountiful theft prioritizes aegis, then stab. 

So unless you are blinded or they dodge, you will interupt them.

Channeled blocks are the loss for the range.

When they first made changes to swipe, we went to core, Bluri ran that build, then we went pd de, then back to daredevil after sa changes renewal again.

With 1200 range, more terrain plays are possible. 

Think tower kylo, mid in forest, across the fountain in the djinn map, ect. 

Less visibility has always been advantageous to thief.

Also, more options to steal away and out if needed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Crab Fear.8623 said:

Now, I apologize for being intentionally disingenuous in my post, and I also apologize for “luring” you into a trap. I intentionally referenced the standard DD D/P build for a reason different than to say “Swipe is bad now”.

The real issue behind these changes is that, once again, thief is being restricted in its class options. First, it was mandatory Trickery, for the extra initiative minor trait. Then, it was improving Deceptions in Shadow Arts, for the reduced cooldown. Then it was the initiative gain, going in and out of stealth, because that whopper of a trait makes Acrobatic’s Upper Hand a joke option. Now, we’re in a position where you and others are defending Swipe becoming Steal because, yes, Bountiful Theft strips aegis (a fact I intentionally left out, and again, I apologize for baiting you).

We are in a position where you and others aren’t able to see what I believe is the big picture. On DD, Bountiful Theft is now mandatory. No more can a DD build take advantage of the condition removal from Trickster, because removing that aegis with Steal is way too important. With that, any chance of choosing Burst of Agility is also gone, because Thrill of the Crime triggering every so often is more potent than the surprise quickness and condi cleanse with an improved Lesser Haste. I believe you and others have been tricked (forgive the pun) into thanking the dev team for giving thief fewer options and don’t even notice it.

I hope I am wrong, but I don’t think I am.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

T minus 2 days until thieves revert back to omegadamage through walls/from stealth because Anet took:

1. A chunk of their Mobility
  2. A chunk of their Stealth access
  3. Daggerstorm's cooldown
  4. Shadow Meld's utility
  5. Block interrupt

So nuking people from 1200 range is the only thing they got left.
Also nobody is going to use Signet of Malice. Why would someone channel a heal for 1.5 seconds for a third of their health?  

Edited by Azure The Heartless.3261
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

T minus 2 days until thieves revert back to omegadamage through walls/from stealth because Anet took:

1. A chunk of their Mobility
  2. A chunk of their Stealth access
  3. Daggerstorm's cooldown
  4. Shadow Meld's utility
  5. Block interrupt

So nuking people from 1200 range is the only thing they got left.
Also nobody is going to use Signet of Malice. Why would someone channel a heal for 1.5 seconds for a third of their health?  

Something like that yes.

It does feel like crit strikes might be an option with dd now due to power signet change.

37 minutes ago, Ovark.2514 said:

Thief is now back to being ultra unbearable to fight against. Makes pvp even more un-fun.

Lets face it, there's no version of fun thief for anyone that doesn't have one they actively enjoy playing. 

If it's not your main or secondary, you'll hate interacting with it period. it was and always will be unbearable, regardless of what you need to do to be competent playing one. 

Edited by Azure The Heartless.3261
  • Thanks 1