Which class/spec for returning player? tanky and mobility.

Harpo.3894

Hello

My last time in GW2 was in HoT expansion. I was Guardian/Dragonhunter and i liked it. Now I want to play GW2 again with some conditions about my class/spec. There is a tanky class with some cool mobility? By mobility i dont care about 3dodges like thief but some leaps and gap closers. As a tanky class i mean big survivability, probably heave armor(its looks cool for me) and buffs. I dont care about big dps. I know that in GW2 'holy trinity' doesnt exist but I can even play as a tank or heal/buffer or smth like that.

My fav content: PvE and WvsW.

To summarize:
-survivability with buffs, big armor pool
-leaps, gap closers
-big dps is less important for me

last thing, is server matters only if i want to play wvsw?

Edited by Gods.7420

2 hours ago, Gods.7420 said:

Hello

My last time in GW2 was in HoT expansion. I was Guardian/Dragonhunter and i liked it. Now I want to play GW2 again with some conditions about my class/spec. There is a tanky class with some cool mobility? By mobility i dont care about 3dodges like thief but some leaps and gap closers. As a tanky class i mean big survivability, probably heave armor(its looks cool for me) and buffs. I dont care about big dps. I know that in GW2 'holy trinity' doesnt exist but I can even play as a tank or heal/buffer or smth like that.

To summarize:
-leaps, gap closers

Sounds like a willbender or revanent. Mesmer is also really tanky with a lot of mobility.

If you want to use your existing character, try a willbender. If you want to make a new one and still use heavy armor, revenants can do everything you ask for really well.

Mesmers can also do it with even more mobility although they wear light armor. They rely mostly on evades, and for the virtuoso blocking as well. 

Edit: Yes, server selection mostly only matters for WVW, but they're trying to fix that too with the new alliance system. 

Edited by Gaiawolf.8261
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

19 hours ago, Gaiawolf.8261 said:

Sounds like a willbender or revanent. Mesmer is also really tanky with a lot of mobility.

If you want to use your existing character, try a willbender. If you want to make a new one and still use heavy armor, revenants can do everything you ask for really well.

Mesmers can also do it with even more mobility although they wear light armor. They rely mostly on evades, and for the virtuoso blocking as well. 

Edit: Yes, server selection mostly only matters for WVW, but they're trying to fix that too with the new alliance system. 

Willbender looks like assassin who chasing down low hp targets. Is he still have some survivability tools? Idea of this spec is nice, like asian blademaster or something similar ;D

33 minutes ago, Gods.7420 said:

which specialization? Can you say little more?

Spellbreaker specifically has very powerful defensive tools at your disposal, a trait that grants lifesteal if you use Dagger in the offhand.

If you're looking for something a little more "tough" and "brawlerish" then Bladesworn is great too for the Gunsaber. You smack things to gain Flow, then expend flow by casting Dragon Trigger to charge up a powerful strike. 

Warriors naturally have very high mobility with utility skills and weapons with gapclosers like Greatsword and Sword. 

Edited by Yasai.3549
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, Gods.7420 said:

Willbender looks like assassin who chasing down low hp targets. Is he still have some survivability tools? Idea of this spec is nice, like asian blademaster or something similar ;D

The thing is in wvw all of those mobility skills you use to chase down a target are also survivability tools because anet forgets to add range checks to skills. You just target a random npc/enemy structure in the distance in the direction you want to leap/dash/teleport away to and you can flee most fights. And now people are chasing you down while you quickly regen all your health because you're a guardian.

Edited by Daniel Handler.4816
  • Like 2

On 2/15/2023 at 7:45 AM, Gods.7420 said:

Hello

To summarize:
-leaps, gap closers

You might try Holosmith under Engineer.

• Like 2

That lifesteal is so "big" that nobody ever takes off hand dagger while still taking sun and moon style. If you want facetanking then play a guardian. If you want tankyness and mobility play a tempest. This game has become a contest of who can spam the most boons. Having constant aegis, protection, and regeneration will make you a better tank than having a high health pool.