No matter how much stab you try to give warrior

Grand Marshal.4098

It lacks soft-cc removal so badly that even with 30 stacks of stability all that is needed is some chill to shut down the warrior.

Resilient Roll competes with either Defy Pain which is huge for SoR/Headbutt and the Hamm trait (which literally makes CC builds and weapons function, since lack of adrenaline on core and Zerker is painfully relevant).

Dogged March is insignificant now between a much better Cull the Weak and a mediocre Shield Trait that can be improved.

Resistance overall is bad for warr, Featherfoot/Revenge Counter/Berserker's Stance are not utilized nearly as much as you think, Banner of Tactics locks you in a spot, which frankly in WvW is a death sentence unless zerging.

Rampage can easily be overloaded with condis too funnily enough these days, not to mention being an Elite.

You give some insignificant things like speed increase under quickness, resistance pulse on Bloody Roar that cannot even function with the new Eternal Champion, some goofy barrier on a skill...

Unless we present new ways of countering soft-condies, or massively increase resistance uptime outside of Defense locking, warrior will be in a derelict state forever.

2023 and warrior can still not play comp without Warrior's Sprint.

• Thanks 4
  • Confused 2

because over the past decade warrior was designed around having flaws, they even made a whole elite spec out of its flaws. thats a pretty obvious statement of what direction this has been going.

warrior has *become an inconvenience to play. i wish i mained something else like my bear friend told me to all those years ago.

Edited by eXruina.4956
  • Like 1
  • Confused 3

59 minutes ago, Grand Marshal.4098 said:

It lacks soft-cc removal so badly that even with 30 stacks of stability all that is needed is some chill to shut down the warrior.

Resilient Roll competes with either Defy Pain which is huge for SoR/Headbutt and the Hamm trait (which literally makes CC builds and weapons function, since lack of adrenaline on core and Zerker is painfully relevant).

Dogged March is insignificant now between a much better Cull the Weak and a mediocre Shield Trait that can be improved.

Resistance overall is bad for warr, Featherfoot/Revenge Counter/Berserker's Stance are not utilized nearly as much as you think, Banner of Tactics locks you in a spot, which frankly in WvW is a death sentence unless zerging.

Rampage can easily be overloaded with condis too funnily enough these days, not to mention being an Elite.

You give some insignificant things like speed increase under quickness, resistance pulse on Bloody Roar that cannot even function with the new Eternal Champion, some goofy barrier on a skill...

Unless we present new ways of countering soft-condies, or massively increase resistance uptime outside of Defense locking, warrior will be in a derelict state forever.

2023 and warrior can still not play comp without Warrior's Sprint.

This is exactly right. The short answer is warrior needs more sources of resistance. I propose the following:

Restorative strength: gain 5 might (8s) and resistance (3.5s) when you use a healing skill.

Berserker Stance: gain resistance (1s) and cleanse a condition each pulse. Gain 10 adrenaline for each condition cleansed. 4 pulses (one on activations and then one per second). CD 25s.

10 minutes ago, Zuko.7132 said:

Had to look it up. Sheriff of Nottingham sure knows how to make a threat.

One of my favorite Alan Rickman roles. Morgan Freeman helps too. Kevin Costner was meh though. Michael Wincott (the recipient of the spoon threat) has a great voice and has been in villain roles in movies like The Crow and lots of voice acting in animated films and video games.

• Like 1

It's blunt, you idiot, it'd hurt more!

While it's not the focus of the thread, one problem I do find with Warrior's current stability is that it's a bit of a 'win more' situation. If you're landing the CC train, you've got the stability to shrug off any attempt the enemy might make to break your chain by CCing you back... assuming such attempts get through your CCs to begin with. If you're the one that gets subjected to a CC train, though, it's harder than most, if not all, professions to get out of it.

• Like 1